Status: newbie.

Every Word Sounds Absurd

liquid confidence

I woke up to the sound of soft snoring, my eyes shooting open as I remembered the day's previous events with Harry. A slow sigh escaped my lips, my eyes closing again, before I remembered the note from Niall; I'd not met him at breakfast like he requested, nor had I eaten lunch, my stomach growling loudly at me.

I slowly slid out of bed, smiling slightly at the sight of Harry sleeping, his mouth agape and his curls away from his face. I covered him with the comforter on my bed, changing into a pair of light wash jeans and a Pink Floyd shirt as I slipped on my loafers, The clock read 6:30, meaning the canteen would still be open for dinner until about 8. I hurried quietly out of the room, the hall crowded with many loud females who immediately stopped talking and stared at me, all at once. I blushed incredulously and made my way to the canteen, hoping to find Niall and the boys.

When I entered the canteen, I spotted the boys at a table towards the back of the room, a sad look adorning Niall's usually happy face. I made my way over to them, earning a wide smile from Liam and Louis. "Aye, love! Where'ya been all day?" Louis question as I took a seat next to Niall, his expression immediately cheering up. "Just.. caught up on some sleep."

I was only half lying; I had slept, but after I spent three or four hours conversing with Harry rather than attending class. I caught Zayn's eye, him tossing me a knowing look; Had he heard about this morning? A slightly blush crept onto my cheeks only to have it deepen once my stomach let out a particularly large growl.

"Are you hungry, Princess? Do ya need anything?" Niall questioned quietly. I gave him a somewhat pathetic smile and shook my head no, his dark brows furrowing at me. "Bullocks. Here, have mine. I can get more later." He slid me a plate with a slice of cheese pizza sitting on it, my mouth nearly watering at the sight of food. I swallowed hard, knowing I needed to watch my weight, finding that starving myself was the easiest way to do so. I pushed it back toward him, murmuring a soft 'no thank you' to him as I looked down at my hands. "What is it, baby?" he whispered, taking my hand in his as he moved his face closer to mine. "I can go get ya somethin' else, baby. S'not a problem." He offered me that sweetest smile, my heart racing in my chest at his words.

"I don't need to eat, Niall... I'm too fat as it is..." His features immediately fell and darkened, his brows furrowing at me again. "You are not fat, Princess. You're not even overweight. You're perfect." He then pressed a soft kiss to my lips, my whole face going tomato red as all the boys gasped. "See! I knew it! I knew he fancied her!" Louis cried, grinning like a fool. Niall's face then grew red, too, smiling as he excused himself to get me a tray of food.

My gaze drifted upward toward the end of the table to see a sad yet angry looking Harry, his outfit now consisting of dark wash jeans and a maroon jumper. He took a seat at the end where he stood next to Liam, his gaze not meeting mine once. Had earlier not meant anything to him? I thought, staring down at my hands once again. Niall returned not soon after with a tray of salad, more pizza, soup, meat lasagna and a large slice of chocolate cake. "Here, baby. Eat up!" he grinned. He handed me a large bottle of chocolate milk and one of water also as he sat them in front of me, scooting his chair closer to mine to open the bottle for me and make sure I liked everything.

I soon felt Harry glaring at both Niall and I, a scowl on his lips as he adverted his gaze to the floor. "So where were you earlier, mate? Shagging some other bird again?" Louis questioned, stuffing a forkful of mashed potatoes in his mouth as he spoke. Harry tossed him a glared, looking down at the table again. "No. I was.. wasting my time, I suppose."

My heart broke slightly at his words, my hand putting down the fork of salad I was going to eat. "The bird I've been after seems to have found some other bloke. Guess I never really had a chance, anyhow." I tuned him out then, not wanting to here him whine about some girl he couldn't get. I continued eating upon Niall's request, giggling quietly as he would whisper funny things about the boys in my ear. There were a few stolen kisses among the many laughs at dinner, almost all of the food Niall brought me disappearing as I hadn't realized my hunger.

I blushed at the empty plates once the others went to the 'loo' to wash up, Niall smiling sweetly at me as he kissed me firmly on the lips. "S'alright, baby. I love a bird with an appetite." He took my tray over to the clean up, dumping out the napkins and subsiding the plates and silverware. "So you and the Irish, huh?" a familiar, raspy voice questioned. My head snapped up to see Harry, his massive hands stuffed deeply into his pockets as he looked down at his white converse.

"I..I dunno..." I whispered, following his gaze to the floor. "Sure looks like it..." he mumbled, turning away from me as the others joined us again.

"I say we sneak up to the roof and use my telescope. The moon's full tonight and the sky's quite clear." Liam suggested as we walked out, Niall lacing his fingers with mine. Zayn, Louis and Niall agreed, Harry staying silent and just nodding. "How 'bout you, love?" Zayn asked, looking back at me. "Ya like astronomy like Li and I, here. You in?" I blushed and nodded, a small smile appearing on my lips as the boys cheered in unison.

"Let's grab you a jumper before we go, Princess. Gets pretty cold up there." Niall pulled me toward my room as the others went up the roof or to Liam's room, Harry's gaze not leaving Niall and I's entwined hands the entire time.

Image


Niall and I entered my room, him sitting me on the bed as he went straight to my closet. "N..Niall?" I asked softly, biting my lip as I twiddled my thumbs. "Yes, Princess?" I took in a small breath, closing my eyes, hoping I would save myself some sort of embarrassment. "D..do you.. fancy me?"

He immediately stopped searching through me clothes and turned around, biting his lip as he rose his hand to rub the back of his neck. "I..yeah, I do... A..a lot, honestly..." I blushed a deep, crimson red as I looked up at him, chewing my lip away. "Do you like kissing me?" At this, he smiled widely, his blue eyes sparkling. "I love kissing you, baby."

My heart went a million miles a minute, a shy smile appearing on my lips. "Kiss me now?" Niall's face adorned a cheek-splitting grin, striding toward me and sitting next to me on the bed, grabbing my face between his large, calloused hands and kissing me sweetly, my lips moving slowly in sync with his. My small hands were placed gently on his chest, our eyes fluttering close as we moved closer to one another. His right hand moved down to my hip, pulling me closer to him, the kiss deepening quickly. I moved my hand to grip the back of his neck, my heart rate picking up as he slipped his tongue passed his lips and licked mine, silently begging for entrance. I opened my mouth slowly, his tongue sliding in and meeting mine in gentle notion, caressing it and feeling it as he slowly laid me back on the bed.

Niall's lips soon moved across my jaw and down my neck, nipping at it in a gentle fashion as I laid beneath him, my eyes not opening once. "You smell so good.." he breathed lowly against my neck, moving to the spot just below my ear and sucking on it gently, a soft moan escaping my lips. "You taste amazing.. You feel amazing..." He repeatedly nipped at that one spot, more moans and whimpers tumbling from my lips, a sort of fire coursing through my veins; I'd never been made to feel this way before.

He then abruptly stopped and buried his face into the crook of my neck, my fingers retracting from where they had been instinctually tangled into his dirty blonde locks. My eyes opened slowly as I felt something hard pressing against my inner thigh, Niall's breathing heavy and loud. "Is that your mobile on my leg?" I questioned softly, my brows furrowed. He sat up slowly, his face bright red as he gave me a sheepish smile, my eyes widening as I realized what it was.

"I-I'm so sorry, Niall! I..I don't..." I stuttered, embarrassed that I'd just given him a boner. He chuckled softly at me, shaking his head. "Don't be sorry, baby. You just.. excite me. Though I do need to uhm.. deal with this..." I blushed so hard I thought my head was going to explode, looking down at the blue carpet. "U..use my bathroom. It's just through the closet."

Before he stood, he took my face in his hands again and gave me a gentle kiss, smiling as he trotted quickly to fix his 'problem'. I grabbed the first sweater I saw, it being a black, wool, cable knit cardigan that I replaced my current one with. A few moments later, I heard a quiet slapping noise coming the from the bathroom. "Annie..." was all I heard Niall moan as blushed even harder than before, rushing out into the hall to wait for him.

Image


Niall met me about ten minutes later, his cheeks flushed with a new pink shade as he smiled widely at me. He was going to take my hand in his before I quickly retracted it, looking away from him. He chuckled, grabbing it anyway and lacing our fingers together once again. "Don't be embarrassed, love. 'Sides, I only wank with my left hand." I let out a soft giggle, squeezing his hand gently as we snuck up to the roof.

We went up the back stairs up to the top of the boy's corridor, the others already laughing and waiting for us. "There you are! We were beginning to worry." Liam said. Niall chuckled, holding me close to him as we looked up at the sky. "Sorry mate, had to wee and she couldn't decide on a jumper." Harry rolled his eyes and turned away from us crossing his arms.

"Well, let's have us some fun!" Louis cried. "I swiped this from my parent's liquor cabinet over summer. It's the best." He declared as he pulled out a bottle of Jamaican rum. My eyes widened slightly, biting my lip as I quickly looked away, back up to the stars.

Liquor and I didn't have a very nice past together.

It had been yet another fight with my mother, this one, though, hurting more than all of the others. "Could you be any fatter?" she hissed, snatching the apple out of my hand. "You weigh what, 133 pounds? You're a pig!"

My eyes welled with tears, my lip quivering, my mind searching for some kind of retaliation. "Stop eating! Do something! An hour at the gym everyday obviously isn't enough!"

She stalked out, her Alexander McQueen pumps clicking loudly against the glazed tile of the kitchen, the front door slamming shut as she left. I let out a loud sob, burying my head in my crossed arms against the counter. I looked up after however long it had been of me crying to see my father's liquor display. Wiping my eyes, I strode over to it and grabbed the large bottle of Jameson Irish Whiskey, removing the lid and downing as much I could hold down at that moment.

I walked around the house, talking to myself and I finished the bottle, stumbling over myself as I made my way to my bathroom. I stood before the long mirror, disgusted with what I saw.

"She's right." I spat at my reflection, more and more tears falling. "You'll never be good enough. No one will ever want you. You're worthless."


I was torn away from my memories as Niall's hand left mine, my gaze moving to watch him grab the bottle and take a long swig. He made a face, obviously disappointed with the taste. "That's vile, mate." he declared, wiping his mouth with his sweater sleeve and walking over to Liam as he adjusted the telescope. Louis tipped the bottle towards me, giving me his toothy smile. I shook my head, smiling half-heartedly at him, talking a seat on the ground next to the door to the roof.

"Awe, not a drinker, little American?" he teased, drinking the rum. I giggled softly, shaking my head again. "'Course she's not, probably hasn't ever tasted alcohol." Harry interjected, taking the bottle and drinking almost half of it. "Aye, mate! Go easy." Zayn scolded, snatching it away from him and replacing the cap.

Harry rolled his eyes, taking a seat against the rail of the building. "Venus is particularly bright tonight." Liam said, smiling up at the sky. "You can really see Orion, too." He pointed to the constellation, sitting down next to me. "That's my favorite. What's yours?" he asked me, offering me a wide smile. I bit my lip, smiling to myself at his question. "Ara. It's in the southern hemisphere and can't be seen here in Britain. I saw it when my parents and I vacationed in Australia last summer. It's simple, yet very beautiful, ya know?"

He smiled nodding as Louis and Zayn sat across from him, making their own constellation. I stood up, going over to the telescope to have a look at the sky, Niall taking my spot in the group of boys. "You're beautiful, ya know.." Harry slurred as he stumbled toward me, his large consumption of alcohol in such a short period of time obviously affecting him. I blushed, nonetheless, shaking my head as I helped steady him. "You are.." he frowned, placing his arms around my waist and pulling me flush against him. "I swear it..." His words came out as a whisper, his rum scented breath fanning out over my face as he leaned closer, brushing his nose gently against mine.

I swallowed hard, holding his shoulders as he placed a very soft kiss on my cheek. "So beautiful..." Harry nuzzled his face in my neck as we stood holding each other, a long sigh escaping my lips. He hummed lowly against my skin, his hands traveling up and down my back, his fingers gently exploring just beneath my sweater. "You're my Venus, I'm your Mars.. And we've passed the moon and the stars..." he sang, softly, his lips brushing gently against my ear. "I'm addicted to your touch... And I'm gone..."

I looked up above our heads, the star shining brightly down on us. Harry's curls tickled the side of my face and neck, a giggle falling from my lips as I saw the brightest star of Orion twinkle for us.

You are example of why not to fall in love.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment & subscribe.
- A