Status: Working on itC:

If Life Ain't Just a Joke, Then Why Are We Laughing?

The Sharpest Lives Are The Deadliest To Lead

It was the usual dreary day in New Jersey. Like the rest of the street, Gerard woke up. Like everybody else in the force, he put on his uniform. Another day, another challenge. One more phone call, another call-out. Just like every other day. Well, this town was just too mainstream for anything else to happen. As Gerard stepped outside, the warm, comforting air left his body in a rush. And the cold bitter air that replaced it made him shiver. He made his way to his car, fastening his jacket up on the way. Minutes later, he stepped out his car and walked up the annoying little hill to the station. To start another day of work.

"Sleep much?" Gerard turned to see his somewhat new friend smiling up at him, and that wasn't a metaphor. His 'friend' was a few inches smaller than him, noticeable inches. But only a few. "Oh, uh. No not really" he replied. The day went by as usual. But that afternoon Gerard was called in to his boss' office. This had only happened a few times in the year and a half he had been working there. And usually it was nothing to worry about. He'd never had a complaint filed against him, and why would he? he only really talked to the other officers on the job. And that was about it.

But this time Gerard could sense it was different, mainly because his usual chatty and somewhat loud mouthed boss was strangely quiet. He could just tell something was wrong. "Officer Way. We have had a call. It's a very serious case, and I am trusting you to do this one. I believe that you have worked here long enough now for the responsibility." he spoke in his deep voice. Gerard couldn't believe what he was hearing. He hardly ever got 'serious cases'.

He thought that was it, that was all the information he was getting for now. Before to his surprise, he added "I would also like you to take Officer Iero with you. And Officer Toro will be accompanying you." And that was it. He had a serious case and he was taking Frank, the childlike, happy go lucky boy. But to be fair on him, he had only been working there two weeks, and he was pretty good at his job.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading!:)