Status: Working on itC:

If Life Ain't Just a Joke, Then Why Are We Laughing?

If it looks like I'm laughing I'm really just asking to leave this alone.

'Knock knock' Officer Toro looked up from his desk to see Gerard at the doorway. "Hey, Gerard. Have you spoken to Reynolds yet?" Reynolds was their boss. And clearly Officer Toro had no idea that he had in fact, and that was the reason he was here at his office. He was confused, it was as simple as that. The case must be pretty bad if he wasn't even told what is was, where they were going, and why.

"Actually" Gerard started, "That's why I come to see you. I don't know what the case is. Can you help me out here?, He said it was serious" Ray looked at him concerned and then just as confused as he felt.
"yeah, he left that bit to me, you'd better sit down" He gestured to a chair and Gerard sat on it. Officer Toro continued. "There have been loads of reports about a house, they say at night they can hear someone screaming in the basement. And in the day, it's seems to come and go, they say it sounds like a child, but nobody is sure. We have a warrant to search it."

Gerard looked shocked, he was shocked. This was more serious then he imagined it would be. When Reynolds said serious he thought of a robbery, or a fight or something. But not this. This was huge.
"Are you okay, Officer Way?" Gerard nodded. He wasn't okay, he was worried. And pretty much crapping himself. This was a bigger case than anything he had been called out to in his whole time working here. And he knew he couldn't turn it down. He had to do this. "I'm gonna go explain to Officer Iero. Get ready, we're going soon" Ray said it as casually as he could. He didn't want to scare Gerard. This was new to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D Third bit coming soon:D thanks for reading!