Status: Coming soon???!!

Blackbird

let it be.

2:00 a.m.
Mullingar, Ireland


Niall’s sitting in his room, staring at his phone, waiting for Mallory to call him or text him back. He’d be happy with anything to let him know that she’s there. Niall feels his knotted stomach and can’t help but worry that something is wrong. Really wrong. This isn’t like Mallow at all. She always has something to say to him even if he’s half way around the world in Brazil.

He groans and flops backwards onto his bed, huffing out loud, trying to get out his frustrations. Dudley whimpers nearby and Niall looks over the ugly yet so adorable face, and sighs for a third time as he reaches out to pet his companion who was also missing Mallory.

“What do you think Duds? Should I drive over?” Niall asks out loud and he notices Dudley perk up at the word ‘drive’, tail slowly beginning to wag. Niall raises a curious brow at dog, “You wanna go for a drive?”

Dudley’s tail immediately starts wagging furiously and he sits up with his full attention on Niall. Niall casts an eye down at himself, noting his freshly bathed stark naked body before looking back at Dudley.

“Guess I better put on some clothes first.” He mutters to himself and goes about putting a quick outfit of sweatpants, a wife beater followed by a dark hooded sweater and socks. He grabs his usual plain and simple Nikes before taking a minute or two on deciding which hat to wear.

Dudley whimpers from behind him and Niall glances over. “Fine, fine. I’ll just wear my beanie, Mr. Impatient.”

Image


Once more Niall tries to call Mallory but it goes straight to her voicemail and it tells him it’s full. He huffs and slips his iPhone into his pocket, and looks at Dudley in sitting in the backseat.

“I’ll be right back, okay? I just want to make sure she’s home.” He climbs out of the car and approaches the small row of flats. With the help of the streetlights Niall is able to see flat number 4B sitting farther down the block near the corner. Quietly he heads for it, trying to think of what to say to her. He doesn’t want to upset her anymore. He fiddles for a moment with his phone making sure she didn’t call or text him in the last sixty seconds.

He sucks in a deep breathe and reaches up to knock. It only takes a second before it opens and he can see Mallory peering around it, hiding in the darkness.

She lets out a sigh, “You shouldn't be here Niall.”

“Well you haven’t answered my calls or my texts Mallow and I was worried…” Niall states boldly. “I hope you don’t hate me for the other night, the whole bed thing. I get it. It’s cool. We’re adults now, right? Adults don’t do those types of things…”

He hears her let out a small giggle followed by a sharp inhale. “Oh Nialler… I… I need you to go.”

She begins to shut the door but he quickly puts his foot inside of the door, stopping it.

“No. I’m not leaving until I see your face and you give me a hug.” Niall replies and in a quieter voice, he continues on, “Because I wanted to tell you this in person… I’m going to London for a couple of days. See my mum and possibly record some vocals for a new track.”

“When do you leave?” She asks still in the shadows.

“I have to be at the airport in seven hours.”

There’s silence. An incredibly long silence in which Niall just stares at the small crack and after a few minutes, he’s wondering if he made the whole conversation up with a ghost.

That’s when he hears Mallory let out a small whimper, “Promise me you won’t be mad.”

His face contorts into confusion. “Why would I be mad, Mallow?”

Mallory opens the door at that moment and steps out into the light. Niall lets out a gasp and an anvil drops heavily into his stomach. He feels sick and outraged as he stares at the discoloured skin surrounding her swollen right eye. Who would hurt such a sweet girl?

“Does it hurt?” Niall asks as he reaches up but she flinches away, taking a step back from him.

Mallory whispers, “I’ve had worse.”

“Worse?! You mean this isn’t the first time that he’s done this!” Niall practically shouts and Mallory clasps her hand over his mouth, begging him with his eyes.

“Please keep it down. I don’t want him to wake up.” Mallory replies and slowly lets go of him. It’s in that split second decision Niall decides on something.

“You are coming with me to London.”

She shakes her head and tells him, “I am in no condition to fly and what about Dudley?”

“My dad’ll look after him. He adores the little guy.” Niall replies and tries with all his might to sound modest with his next remark. “And I can have a private jet ready in an hour to take us there.”

“A private jet?”

Niall nods, blushing. “I have connections.”

She looks reluctant and in a sad voice asks, “And what am I supposed to do when you go back on tour? Do I come back here, to him, and wait for you again?”

Niall pulls her into an embrace, kissing the top of her head. “Of course not, Mallow. If you leave this place tonight with me, it’ll be the last time you’ll ever have to see him. I will do everything I can so he won’t be able to find you either. He’s never going to hurt you again and I promise that.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Humph!!!! My friend sent me a text on Niall's new hair and ugh. Just what a beautiful Irish man. Anywhoooo, I see you sneaky recommenders and subscribers! Glad you like the story :) sorry for any mistakes as in grammar and spelling. Google Docs isn't the best to write on but I'll take what I can get!!!! Please comment!!! Leave some love for Niall <333333