Status: Completed, keep and eye out for the sequel!

The Life of a Pack Mom

Chapter 13

Stiles awoke the next morning with Pamplemousse snuggled into his side. Derek was nowhere to be seen. He must have had to get to the house.

Stiles heard movement downstairs and figured his father was home. He went to leave the bed but Pamplemousse’s grip tightened on his arm. He tried to pull his arm out but she wouldn’t relent. After a few more moments of struggle Stiles finally got his arm loose. Proud of himself he turned to leave the room. Until he heard the thunk and turned back to see Pamplemousse on the floor.

Stiles flinched, he grabbed the blanket and threw it on top of the girl not wanting to wake her up. He crept out of the room and started heading downstairs.

He turned the corner and entered the kitchen. He stopped in his tracks as his dad was sitting at the table and Derek was standing at the stove.

“Morning.” Derek said continuing to cook the bacon that was in the pan. It finished quickly and he made a plate up for the Sheriff.

“Are you hungry?” Derek asked as Stiles stood in the doorway, unmoving since he first walked in the room.

“Derek?! What are you, ah doing here?” Stiles said trying to sound surprised.

“Stiles, you know I’m not that dumb right? I walked in and found you three up in Pamplemousse’s room sleeping.” The Sheriff said, giving his son a look. “Not, to mention I’m not blind. I saw you two at the house yesterday, you don’t typically act that chummy with just anyone.”

Stiles blushed a deep red and ducked his head slightly.

“Well, I don’t know about you two but, I’m dead on my feet. I’m going to go to bed now. I will see you guys around okay? Lock up when you leave.” The Sheriff got up and headed towards the stairs.

“Derek, how was that not awkward for you?”

“Remember yesterday when your dad wanted a chat?” Stiles nodded. “Well that was the conversation. He told me to take care of you or I would know what a bullet in the ass would feel like.” Stiles chuckled, that sounded like his dad.

Shuffles were heard in the hallway and Pamplemousse appeared.

“Good morning Sleeping Beauty! How are you?” Derek asked the young girl.

She mumbled something and sat down at the table and started munching on the food in front of her. The room fell into a silence and the three continued to munch on food.

“Pamplemousse is there anything you want to do today?” Derek asked

“Not really, Mora wants to go home though. She wants to check on the rest of the pack.”

“Well, how about I clean up here and you and Stiles go get ready and then we will go back to the house? Does that sound like a plan?”

“Sure.” She answered simply. They finished quickly, got ready and left. The ride back in the jeep was silent as Pamplemousse wasn’t saying a word, she just sat in the back and stroked Mora’s fur.

They pulled up to the house at around nine and filed out of the Jeep. Brooke opened the door and came out to greet them.

“Hey! How was the sleepover?” She asked Pamplemousse.

“Great.” She mumbled and continued into the house. Mora ran up behind her sniffed Brooke’s hand and continued as well, following the young wolf up the stairs.

“Jeez, I haven’t gotten the cold shoulder like that since.....Oh shit.” Brooke’s eyes widened. “What day is it?”

“Tuesday.” Derek answered.

“No dumbass, I mean the date!”

“July 14th. Why?”

“Fuck, no wonder she was pissed. Guys! It’s her birthday! I totally forgot. I mean it’s been crazy lately and all this shit is going on. She’s never gonna forgive me! What am I going to do?” Brooke spoke quickly, voice strained with worry.

“Hey, it will be okay. We can figure this out. What does she like?”

“Well, princesses, super heroes, One Direction. I don’t know there’s a lot. Christ! She’s nine today, when the hell did that happen?!”

“Okay so what if we go get a cake, party things and presents and surprise her tonight?” Derek suggested.
“No, it will look to rushed and put together.” Brooke said.

“Wait! I have it!” Stiles pulled Brooke and Derek in whispering his plan. As he told it their smiles grew bigger and bigger.

“Right, we all understand?” They turned to head into the house hoping to set their plan into motion. They froze seeing Pamplemousse behind them.

“SECRETS ARE LIES!” She yelled running into the house.

“Hold on, I’ll get her.” Brooke said chasing after the girl.

Xxxxxxxx

Everyone got ready and filed into the vehicles. Allison drove her car and Derek took the Camaro.

“Pamplemousse, I know you don’t want to go to the city, but we really need to go. It’s a long drive so try to take a nap okay?” Stiles said to the back seat.

“Alright,” the girl mumbled and settled in against Brooke. With Mora at his Dad’s Stiles and the crew took off, heading for Pamplemousse’s birthday surprise.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy! Any guesses as to the Birthday Surprise?