Status: We'll see how it goes...

Through Another's Eyes

Epilogue

“Adrian you’re starting to turn blue.”
Adrian took a deep breath and shifted in the saddle. “What’s the course again?”
Cassidy ran through the course of thirteen jumps once again and had him repeat it back to her.
“And don’t you dare think you can’t do this. You guys have schooled five feet at home, these fences are four.”
“Yeah, yeah,” Adrian muttered.
“Honestly, I think Rebel’s getting bored at this height aren’t you boy?” Cassidy asked the horse who snorted in response. It had taken months of rehabilitation for the horse to let anyone but Adrian near him and almost a year to get a saddle on him again. But four years later, the stallion had started jumping out of his paddock and Major was becoming too easy a horse for Adrian to ride, not to mention at 6’6, Adrian had outgrown him.
Just then the previous rider came trotting out of the ring. “What the matter big brother?” Delany asked with twinkling eyes. “Afraid I’m going to beat you?”
“Not a chance,” Adrian said.
Delany had become an amazing rider in just four short years. Like Cassidy had predicted, she had natural talent probably inherited from her mother. Within a year of her first ride on Lucky, she’d been jumping, a year later she was competing and winning local horse shows, now she and Adrian both competed on the Junior Jumper circuit. At eighteen, this was Adrian’s last year, his last show as a junior in fact.
“Then get in there and show me what you’ve got,” Delany challenged, leaning over Hope’s neck to get in her brother’s face. The braces had fixed the mare’s legs to such a degree that Cassidy had put her in small jumping training the year before. However, the horse was bored with small fences and Cassidy had been convinced that she wasn’t meant to be a jumper. That is, until Delany, the mare’s champion for two years, had proven everyone wrong when she’d defiantly jumped a three-foot fence with the horse. Around the jumper circuit, the horse was known as “the wonder pony” even though she’d outgrown the height for a pony at 14.2 hands. She now stood at 14.3 and was still growing.
Adrian smiled at the challenge and Cassidy remembered when neither child had wanted to talk at all. They’d made quick progress and a month after they came to live on the farm, their father’s trial came up and both testified against him. He’d been sentenced to five years for assorted drug charges, attempted assault on a police officer, resisting arrest, and child abuse charges. Cassidy was worried about having Eddie Leeman loose in another year, but Adrian had asserted that his father wouldn’t get past him to hurt any of the horses or people on the farm.
“Next we have Adrian Treymane riding Society’s Rebel,” the loudspeaker crackled.
“You’re up,” Cassidy said with a smile, “knock ‘um dead.”
Adrian smiled down at the woman who had changed his life forever. “Thanks Cass,” he said. He saluted her and trotted Rebel into the ring.
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah. Short, not very good because I was rushed-I had like 2 weeks to write this. It might go through some editing, get longer, develop the characters A LOT more, all that good stuff. Comment, subscribe, recommend, check out my other stuff(I promise most of my stories are a lot better) ;)