Enchanted Sea

Chapter 1

**KATHERINE'S POV**

I let out another sigh as I leaned on the balcony, coming off oh my room, as I stared out at the ocean. I could hear the music and voices of the attendants raising up into the air from the garden and ballroom.

My parents were currently hosting another fundraiser for one of the MANY organizations that they were a part of. I was beginning to think that they held these things for the hell of it. We had enough money to live comfortably for at least 3 life times, but it’s like they needed more or they wouldn’t be satisfied.

I peered down at them and just shook my head. They were all laughing and drinking champagne without a care in the world. I didn’t fit into the world of snooty higher-ups. They only cared about themselves and their assets. I would rather help people than sit around and not do anything.

Looking back out at the horizon, I continued to watch the wave’s crash against the sand. The sight was so calming and peaceful; I could spend all day just watching the water. Even if I did have a near death experience not that long ago in the very ocean that I was staring at now.

5 months ago, a friend of mine and I were out on the water just relaxing when a giant wave came and hit the side of the boat, knocking me into the water. As I resurfaced, I noticed that a storm had blown in rather quickly causing massive waves to wash over me. Eventually, I couldn’t hold myself up due to the strength of the waves. I couldn’t kick myself to the surface and before I knew it, I blacked out.

When I opened my eyes I was lying on the beach staring up at a clear sky. I coughed to release my lungs of water and sat up. Taking in my surroundings, I noticed that I was lying on the stretch of sand just outside of my backyard. I tried to find my savior, but there was no indications of anyone or anything being here, except for the tingling on my cheek signalling someone or something did something to my cheek.

Since that day, I have been trying to figure out what happened that day. I may have no memory of what went down, but someone may have seen or heard something. I have had no luck finding anyone. But I would not give up on solving this mystery. It was almost as if I was being pulled into finding out what happened… as if it has an impact on my future. Maybe that is why I was so determined to find the truth.

“Katherine Marie Hall, get dressed and come down to the party this instant!” My mother barked as she stormed into my room and laid a dress on my bed before leaving.

I let out an annoyed sigh and rolled my eyes, before pushing off of the railing and into my room. Stripping out of my jeans and tank I pulled the one shoulder pink dress on. I slipped on my shoes and accessories before making my way down to join the mindless drones.

I just wish that there was more out there.