Enchanted Sea

Chapter 4

**KATHERINE"S POV**

It has been roughly 2 months since the day that I met Warren and my life has made a major turnaround.

I basically meet Warren at out spot every day. Some days we would just sit around and talk, while others we would spend swimming around. Although, I will admit, it is a little unfair swimming with someone who has a tail, he has a slight advantage over me.

Today was like any other day. I was in the kitchen making myself something to eat while my parents were in the study. They had backed off considerably since my little escape two months ago. I don’t know if they are finally getting a clue or were waiting for the opportune moment to spring something on me. But right now I didn’t care. No matter what they say or do, I will never leave Warren; not now, not ever.

When I was done, I threw my phone, keys and wallet into the bag containing a towel. I put my sunglasses and sandals on before slinging the bag onto my shoulder. Without a second thought, I bolted out the door and made my way down the beach to the rock.

A bright smile exploded onto my face when I saw Warren pop out of the water and sit on the rock. I sped up so that I was running towards him, and as soon as my feet landed on the rock his head snapped over to me with a smile on his face. I ran over to him and jumped into his lap, wrapping my arms around his neck.

“Ooof,” he mumbled as he held me closer to him. “Was that necessary?”

“Sorry,” I pecked his lips while slightly giggling. “I didn’t mean to hurt you. I just missed you,” I told him while kissing him deeply.

Warren’s hands tightened on my waist as he continued to kiss me before pulling away and rested his forehead on mine. “You just saw me yesterday,” he reminded me with a smile.

I shrugged my shoulders and laughed, “I don’t care. I still missed you.”

Warren laughed and pecked my lips, “I missed you too,” he smiled, “so what are we going to do today?”

“I thought that we could go swimming for a little,” I suggested when I wrapped my arms around his neck and rested my head on his shoulder.

“Okay,” he replied with a mischievous tone in his voice. And before I knew it… I found myself in the water, clothes and all.

When I came back up the surface, I threw my wet clothes onto the rock and turned to face Warren with furrowed eyebrows. “Was that really necessary?” I asked him and all he did was laugh. I swam over to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. “You are son lucky that I brought and extra pair of clothes with me, otherwise you would be so dead.”

Warren smiled, “I’m sorry.”

I smiled back at him, “its okay.”

After a quick peck on the lips, we dove under the water and began to swim around a little. Being under the water was such an exhilarating experience. The sights were so breathtaking that if it wasn’t imperative that I hold my breath, then I would just gasp in amazement. From all the colors of the shells, the coral and the fish to the creatures that lived within it and the clear blue water. Everything was just magnificent and I wish I could see it every day.

I stayed still and floated in one spot just taking in my surroundings, when Warren showed up in front on my and wrapped his arms around my waist. I smiled at him as best as I could while holding my breath and he smiled at me.

“Are you enjoying yourself?” He asked me.

I nodded my head quickly and he laughed at my enthusiasm. My legs wrapped around his waist and my arms wrapped around his neck. He smiled at me while staring into my eyes with so much emotion that it took my breath away. I saw such love and desire in his eyes and I knew that those very same emotions were mirrored in my own.

My eyes fluttered closed when Warren’s lips descended upon mine and he kissed me passionately.

Image

The sensation that passed through my while kissing the man I loved beneath the water was one that was indescribable.

Warren swam us to the surface and then pulled away from the kiss so that I could catch my breath, without drowning.

“Wow,” I muttered while leaning against his forehead.

Warren laughed a little and then completely burst into laughter when my stomach growled. “I think you should get something in that stomach of yours.”

I laughed along with him and swam back towards the rock. I climbed back up and pulled the towel along with my food out of the bag. Warren rested his arms on the rock and watched me as I ate. When I finished, I put on my sunglasses and lay down on the towel with my head by Warren. He leaned over and kissed my temple causing a smile to take over my face.

We began talking about anything under the sun, and that was one of the things that I loved about us. No matter how much we talk, we always seem to find something to talk about. But soon my thoughts about was we were going to be together and stay together over ran my mind.

“Katherine,” Warren questioned in a concerned tone, “are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I furrowed my eyebrows at the sky, “I was just wondering; how are we supposed to be together? I mean, is there even a way?” I could hear Warren sigh before he said something that I was not expecting, but hoping for.

“There is a way.”

I turned my head to the right in order to look at him, “what do you mean?” I asked him, confused.

“There are legends of these mystical stones that can grant wished,” he started to explain with his head resting on his folded arms, facing me. “If we can get two of these stones, then we can find a way to be together.”

I rolled over so that I was resting on my elbows, “and how hard are these stones to get?”

He sighed, “I don’t know. I’ve never tried to go after them before. And I have never met anyone who has.”

I bit my lip and gave him an uncertain look, “would you be willing to try?”

Warren looked into my eyes and smiled, “of course I would. I would do anything to be with you.”

I moved so I was kneeling, “well let’s go and get them. Then we can be together without having the entire ocean between us.” I scooted closer and rested my hands on his, “what do you say?”

Warren smiled brightly, “let’s go.” He looked like he went into a deep thought for a second before he spoke again. “Now the location of the cave is not exactly an easy swim. Do you know how to operate a boat?” He asked while biting his lip.

I laughed and leaned closer to him, “we live in California. Of course I know how.” I pecked him on the lips and pulled back. “Just follow me back to my house so I can get the boat, I already have the keys.”

Warren nodded and pecked my lips, “I’ll meet you there.”

I nodded my head and watched him swim away. Getting to my feet, I slid my dry clothes up my body and put my shoes on before grabbing the bag and running down the beach. As I got to the house, I turned and ran up the dock and over to the boat. When I got there, I saw Warren sitting on the bow of the boat. I laughed and ran over and jumped in.

“You got here quickly,” I said to him as I removed the ropes and placed my bag in the compartment beside my seat after removing the keys.

“Yeah, well I do swim faster that you can run,” he said rather smugly.

I shook my head and laughed as I slid the keys into the ignition. As I pulled the boat away from the dock Warren lay down and started giving me directions. I was a good thing that there was practically nobody else out on the water, otherwise it would have been difficult to explain why there was a mermaid perched on the front of my boat.