Enchanted Sea

Chapter 6

**KATHERINE'S POV**

It has been about a week and a half since I retrieved the stones and nothing has been accomplished. In fact, it seems as if we will never be able to use them. All Warren and I have been doing since we got back from the caves is fight.

We figured that the sacrifice described in the note had to be that we had to sacrifice our lives: from our friends and families, to the way that we lived out lives. But both of us were not willing to give anything up.

And that is currently what we were doing right now, arguing about what to do.

“Don’t you want to be with me?” Warren yelled at me from the water as I continued to pace on the rock.

“Of course I do!” I yelled at him as I turned to face him with disbelief etched on my face. “How could you even think that don’t want to be?”

“Well, there could be the way that you are avoiding using the stones.” He said looking directly into my eyes.

“I am not avoiding anything,” I scoffed and placed my hands on my hips. “It is just not as easy as you think to…”

“To what?” he interrupted. “To be with me?” he reached for the string around his neck and pulled up. At the end was one of the gems, the other was around my neck. “We have a way to be together forever. And it just seems like you don’t want to take it.”

“What about you? Why don’t you just give up everything you have ever known and join me on land?” I retaliated.

He sighed and looked down at the water, “I can’t do that.”

“And why not?” I demanded. “Why do I have to give up everything and join you in the sea?”

“I’m the prince, I can’t just leave.” He told me and my mouth dropped in shock, he had never told me this before. “I am the only heir. And if I leave, there will be no one to take my father’s place.”

“You don’t even like you parents, especially your father. So why would you want to stay and do this… for him?” I questioned as I started to feel distraught.

“You don’t like your parents either and you want to stay here for them,” he yelled back.

I shook my head and tore my gaze away from him and stared out at the horizon. When I saw that the sun was beginning to set, I realized that we had been fighting basically all day. Crossing my arms over my chest, I bit my lip and shook my head. Every fight that we have had this week breaks my heart more and more. Maybe this was just proving that we don’t belong together after all.

“You know what,” Warren stopped ranting and just stared at me. “I’m going to go home, and we can just continue arguing about it tomorrow.” I gazed into his eyes as tears welled in the corner of them causing his stare to soften. “And if we can’t come to an agreement…” tears rolled down my cheeks, “…maybe we shouldn’t be together after all.”

I turned around and started to head home as more sobs rack my body. I ignored Warren’s calls all the way into the house, until I shut the door and I couldn’t hear him anymore.

“Katherine, is that you?” I heard my mother question as she stepped into the room. “Aha, there you are. I need your opinion on the flowers for the party next week.” She rattled while looking down at the pages in her hands, but suddenly stopped all movement when she saw me leaning against the glass door with tear marks running down my cheeks. “Katherine, what is it?” she asked sympathetically.

I wiped the tears away and pushed off of the door. “Nothing is wrong, mother. I’m fine,” I muttered as I brushed past her and ran up to my room.

“Katherine…” She muttered solemnly to herself as I shut the door and locked if so no one could come in.

I didn’t even bother to turn the lights on, I just went over to my bed and laid down so I was facing the window. I brought my knees and my arms closer to my body as more tears cascaded down my cheeks and onto my pillow. I pulled the stone out from under my shirt and held it in my left hand.

I didn’t want to argue with Warren over this. I just wanted us to be happy and together. But ever since we got these stupid things it seems as if we are falling apart at the seams.

I was crying so much that I failed to notice my eyes shutting and going to sleep. When I reopened my eyes, I noticed that the sun had set and the full moon was hanging high in the sky, the light shining right through the window and onto the stone that still rested in my hand. I ran my thumb over the smooth surface and closed my eyes as a sigh slipped past my lips.

“I wish I could be with Warren. No matter what the cost. I want to spend forever with him, I don’t want to lose him now. I can’t lose him now.” I muttered to myself as I fell asleep again.

But what I failed to notice as my eyes closed shut, was the faint pink glow coming off the stone in my hand.

Image

**WARREN'S POV**

“You know what,” Katherine remarked causing me to stop my rant. “I’m going to go home, and we can just continue arguing about it tomorrow.” My gaze softened when I saw her eyes well up with tears. “And if we can’t come to an agreement…” she took a breath as tears rolled down her cheeks, “… Maybe we shouldn’t be together after all.”

My mouth dropped in shock as those words left her lips. {No, that is not what I wanted at all. I want to be with her… forever.} I thought to myself as I saw Katherine take off down the beach.

“Katherine!” I yelled as I swam after her. “Katherine, wait!”

She ignored my calls and eventually went inside her house where I knew my voice could not reach her. I let out a sigh before looking down at the water to see my reflection. As I stared at myself, I realized that I was looking at someone that I didn’t like. It was someone who was hurting the woman he loved in order to please his hateful father.

Someone that wasn’t me.

I slammed my fist at the water in anger. I was so pissed off at myself that I could be sick. I had no idea when the need to bend to my fathers whims took over my need to be happy.

With another sight, I sunk under the water and swam home. My mind was clouded with thoughts on how I could make all of this up to Katherine. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn’t even hear my parents come up to me as I swam thought the entrance. What finely pulled my out of my daze was my fathers angry voice bellowing throughout the room.

“Warren! Stop right now!” He demanded.

“Yes?” I asked as I turned to face both him and my mother.

“We were talking to you,” my mother informed me calmly. She was the only one that I had told about Katherine and she disagreed with my fathers methods as much as I did.

“We have another possible bride coming to see you tomorrow,” my father barked. “I expect you to be here on time.”

“I’m sorry father, I can’t do that.” I informed him and began to swim to my room.

“Excuse me! What did you just say to me?!” He demanded and was about to come after me, when my mother stopped him. “Jessica? What are you doing?” He asked her both confusedly and gently.

“Let him go Richard. Let him go.”

I faintly heard my mother plead as I went to my room, the seaweed curtain falling closed behind me. I floated over to my giant clam shell of a bed and laid down. My eyes moved to the window across from me and I could see that the moon had risen high into the sky and I wondered if she was looking at it too.

“Warren, are you okay?” My mother questioned as she entered my room and sat on the edge of the bed.

“No, I’m not.” I murmured and turned to face her. “I screwed up mom. I told her that I want to be with her, but I don’t have the strength to give up everything to do so.” I looked up at her, tears in my eyes and sadness on my face. “What do I do?”

She smiled at me gently and rubbed her hand up and down my arm. “You will figure out what is right, honey. Everything will work itself out.”

I nodded my head and she placed a kiss on the top of my head before leaving my room. I rolled back over and continued to look out the window. I let out a sigh and picked up the stone from around my neck in my right hand. Running my thumb over it gently, I knew that everything would work itself out. Then Katherine and I would live together, forever.

“I wish I could be with Katherine. No matter what the price. I want to spend forever with her. I don’t want to lose her now.” I whispered as I slowly allowed my eyelids to softly close.

As they shut all the way I noticed a faint green light illuminate my room, but I didn’t think anything of if and just fell asleep. But what I didn’t notice about the light was that it was coming from the stone in my hand.

Image

**3rd PERSON POV**

The pink and green lights being emitted from the two little stones continued to grow brighter and brighter. The pink engulfed the woman and the green the man before they burst out and collided over the ocean causing the light to become a golden one in the presence of the full moon. This light was so strong that it covered the whole city.

You see, the magic of the stones mixed with the full moon and the love that these two people had for each other, overruled the circumstances of their situation.

Neither wanted to be apart from the other, but they were also not willing to sacrifice their family and friends. However, the love that they have for each other was able to bring them together against all the odds.

But at what cost?