Status: Working On It

Got a Little Work to Do

2

I will admit, Hunter is extremely talented, I’ll give him that. But that’s all I like about him so far. He was always on stage, and took up most of my stage time! I understand he’s well known, but still. Cut the crap. At the end of rehearsals I was sitting on my phone updating my Twitter while the record executives all talked outside in the hall way. Hunter approached me, sitting down right next to me. His cologne came off a bit strong, obviously he just sprayed it. “You are very talented Rickie,” he said casually, sipping some water from his water bottle. “Thanks, you too,” I replied in a somewhat rude tone.

“I’m serious; I wanna know where the heck that came from. You are really, really good.” “Thanks, I feel the same towards you Hunter,” I said, staring down at my phone. I don’t care if I’m being rude. It was rude how he took up my rehearsal time! “Look, I was wondering if you’d like to go to dinner with me tonight and some of the exec’s from the company. I know your people are coming, so I thought I’d offer it to you too.” I wanted to snap a bitchy remark back at him and turn him down, but the little voice in the back of my head was kicking in and telling me I should probably say yes. “That would be great,” “Perfect! Uhm, your group knows where we’re going,” “Sounds good to me.
At the exact time the door opened and our people came in to get us out of the place. “Looks like you two seem to be getting well acquainted, that’s good!” Charles, one of the heads of our department said. “Yeah, I just asked her to come to dinner with everybody tonight,” Hunter said standing up. “That’s what we were gonna come in and bring up actually. Glad you got that out of the way. Will you be on time Rickie?” “Yes,” What the heck was that supposed to mean? “Question is, will pretty boy be?” I asked in a snarky way, looking over at him. They all laughed, including Hunter, “I will be ready,” he chuckled lightly. We went our separate ways and headed to the hotel to get ready for dinner.

**At the restaurant**
This is so boring. I have no one to talk to and I’m sitting with a ton of guys. This is so lame. I chose to keep quiet, not really having anything to particularly say to anyone. I noticed Hunter kept looking at me. He was directly across from me, and kept trying to play footsies with me. Doesn’t he get it? I don’t like him at all! He’s a spoiled brat and I don’t want him. As the night grew on, I could really smell his cologne. I must say, he smells good. I don’t know what it is, but I love it. He also had this cute little twinkle in his eye when he laughed. What am I even saying? It’s Hunter. Ew.
While all of the grown men started up a conversation about business stuff, Hunter turned to me and said, “So where are you from?” “Georgia,” “Oh that’s nice! I love it there! One of my favourite places to perform.” Does he have to be like this right now? “Yeah, I have actually never gotten to perform for a large crowd there, only the small ones at festivals and stuff.” “What? Why not?” “Well I was supposed to open for someone as a special opening act, but you took it instead of me,” I said bowing my head slightly, not even wanting to look at him. “Oh, I remember that night! Such a good show! I actually got scouted at that show!” “Yeah, that was one of the perks of performing at that show.” Can he please stop talking?

I guess he noticed I was uncomfortable and changed topics. “So how long have you been with the company?” “Uhm, a year. My record is done and about to be released in a month actually.” “Oh wow, how many tracks?” “12.” He kept wanting more from me, and I didn’t want to tell him anything. “Same with my new record! But it comes out in about 2 months, when the tour starts,” “Oh cool,” “Yeah, it took me so long to record it, it has to be perfect for me to release it. I’m sort of a perfectionist.” “Same here.” I could see him looking at my chest, what a gross pig! “Uhm, my face is up here, you can talk to that thanks,” I snorted. “Oh! I wasn’t looking at your chest, why would I do that? I was actually looking at your necklace, its very pretty!” “Oh, thank you,” “Definitely wasn’t looking at your chest, nothing to see there,” he said, panicking and seeming very nervous. This rehearsal process is gonna kill me slowly, I can just feel it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second chapter! Thoughts? I would love some feedback!
~Subscribe & comment~