Behind the Mask

Facade

So this is what it feels like to be trapped?

To be completely heartbroken?

Miley felt the mask pulling over her face again whenever she walked down the red carpet or anywhere beyond her bedroom door. She started to smile to hide the pain that was stinging inside of her heart that has been residing in her for over a year now.

Wow.

It's been over a year...

Her blue eyes softened as she looked out the window, fiddling with her engagement ring. Miley bitterly smiled at the atrocious piece of crap that was supposed to make her feel happy, but it didn't.

It only made matters worse. Miley wasn't being herself and was afraid of showing her true self, all that shit she kept spewing out about being proud of who you are was a complete lie. She couldn't even be true to herself.

Everyone had to protect themselves in some way. She was always in the headlines no matter what she did and she rather not be in the headlines for this.

Scrolling through her contacts, Miley thought about the people she should call, but there was only one person on her mind. The only one she truly was in love with, but threw it all away because of fear of judgement and isolation.

Miley feared of being alone, even to this day she cannot cope with a empty house.

Tears threatened to escape her eyes as her thumb went over the name faintly. The phone asked if she wanted to call or send a message. Sniffling, she pressed the back button. If only she can press a reverse button in her life; she would have never fallen hard for a girl.

Never.
♠ ♠ ♠
After this chapter we are going back in time to when they first met and go from there :) Hope you enjoyed the first chapter.

The story that inspired me to write this was another Miley slash story called A Beautiful Melody. It hasn't been updated for a year, but still one of my favorite femslash stories.