Behind the Mask

First Glance

If Miley could guess where she fell in love with her, she couldn't know what to tell people. There wasn't that exact moment where she said to herself, This was the woman I am going to spend the rest of my life with.

That was the last thing that she ever expected herself to say.

There was an answer to that question though.

Time.

Time helped her develop those feelings and turned into this raging monster that fluttered in her heart and stomach whenever she heard the soft voice of her former lover. A picture cracked her heart just a little bit further and her name sent shivers down her spine.

When she first met her; Miley always looked up to the firecracker that danced along beside her for three years then.

From sixteen till she was nineteen.

The first time she noicted her was during the tryouts that she held for her next tour. The average height woman easily flowed with the beat they provided. Her chocolate skin glowed in the light as she demanded the attention from her row.

The black and purple waves of her hair flipped over her shoulders when she spun.

Miley felt her mother, Tish, she muttered into her ear, "She's good."

Miley can confidently say she was a good dancer, but she can learn moves from her and when their eyes locked, the teen shot her a friendly smile and received one back.

She wanted to get to know the dancer, picking her number from the row of dancers on her chart to compete for the final audition.

"Mom."

Tish glanced down at her teenage daughter, "Who's number 89?"

The same dancer they stared at in awe sat with a group of people chatting away making the crowd roll in laughter. Glancing at the information she received, she replied, "Lainey Keller. Age: 20. Was a backup dancer for Britney Spears for a few years and did a couple of other shows in between."

Miley nodded, impressed by the older girl. "I like her."

Tish smiled down at her, "Think we found a dancer?"

"Sure did." Miley didn't know what gravitated her towards Lainey, but the spunk she added to her moves completely won her over.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like this chapter and no Miley doesn't have a crush on her yet. Things are slowly going to develop between the two :) Hope you enjoyed this chapter!