Behind the Mask

First Real Friendship

After the first tattoo experience, Lainey has been more open towards Miley. They laughed and shared stories about one another. Lainey usually shared her tour stories.

Miley glanced at the lip ring Lainey was toying with as she asked, "How many piercings do you have?" Lainey paused before she held up both hands, one of four and the other five.

She counted quietly, she only counted eight until she pulled her shirt up to reveal her belly ring. "Just got it a few days ago."

It all made sense as to why she winced every time she moved; her torso was still tender.

Lifting up her own shirt, Miley questioned, "Think I should get one?"

"Nah. Gotta keep that teeny bopper image, Miles." Lainey grinned wolfishly as the younger girl showed her annoyance. "I don't think it will suit you anyways."

Then she stepped closer to Miley in a analytical way. Her hazel eyes flickered across her face, "Maybe a nose peircing. Like a stud would do."

Watching the excitement flood through Miley's face made Lainey smile once more.

The dancer felt someone staring at her from afar. Glancing quickly, she saw Miley's sister Brandy staring right at her.

Lainey was aware of the talk the Cyrus family had with her to not derail their daughter/sister. No offense to her parents, but they can suck it.

They let her do whatever she wanted regardless and if suggesting something as harmless as a tattoo or piercing was far fetched, they should talk to Miley not her.

Turning her attention back to the energetic girl, her eyes softened at the curiosity and excitement Miley held in her eyes. The teen was real. Miley could care less about her image and the more she learned about her, the more she liked her.

Lainey used to be like her.

Not anymore though.

"Think you can take me to get the piercing?"

Lainey peered down at the hopeful teen with a left dimpled smile, "Don't I always?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long. College can seriously kick my ass. I'm taking two science classes along with speech and math. Fun semester for me -_-