Behind the Mask

First Butterflies

"What do you think about this role?" Miley handed Lainey the script, taking one glance at it and made a disapproving noise.

"Nah. Next." Her thin dark fingers weaved through the curls of Miley's hair into a simple side braid. During a course of a month, Lainey's outfit choices grew darker. It had a biker chick theme to it.

The short grey shirt nicely fit on her curves, the black leather jacket, black skinny jeans and high heel boots along with the piercings and tattoos made her stand out.

The black eye shadow an charcoal rimming her hazel orbs completed her look while Miley wore a more chic outfit that day. Miley grew a bit nervous when she called at her friend's name. "Lala?" A soft hum left her lips, the braid flopped over her shoulder effortlessly.

"Do you want to...you wanna go to church with us?" She could feel the skeptical look on Lainey's face. "I know that is probably a touchy subject and might not believe in God-"

"I do." Lainey interrupted, "Well I stopped believing and recently started to believe again. I just don't go to church anymore. I rather not deal with all those anti-gay assholes."

"It's not like that at all." Miley turned around with hope in her voice. "They won't judge you."

"Not even on how I look? i don't exactly scream religious."

"Trace goes and he dresses just like you, just tighter jeans." Lainey laughed when Miley jutted out her bottom lip.

"You never will take no for an answer, huh?" For the first time Lainey felt safe and comfortable around someone. The flutter of butterflies curling inside her stomach told her so.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait. Two more weeks of school and I am on summer break. I'll try to update as much as I can so I can finish this series.