Behind the Mask

Not Worth It

“You want me to what now?”

“I want you to meet Liam.” Lainey never really approved of the men that Miley dated due to the fact that they were all pricks by the end of the relationship. The older girl is protective over the teen and she didn’t feel comfortable meeting Liam just yet.

Miley easily saw it in her eyes, Lainey didn’t want any part of Liam. She didn’t even want to get near him, clasping her hands together she pouted, “Please? He’s really important to me and your important. I just want my two important people meeting each other.”

“I’ve seen him in that movie. That’s all I need to see.” Lainey will never admit it, but the guy did something to her heart. Liam made her uncomfortable and it might be the fact that he is one of the first ones that actually might respect Miley in the relationship. It is too soon to tell, but he might be it for her and that scared her.

She didn’t want Miley to be one of those girls that was so deep in love with one person she forgot about everyone else around her. The signs were already there, Miley is pulling away from her and spending more time with Liam.

Those beautiful blue eyes gazed into her hazel ones, filled with determination as she shared, “Liam really wants to meet you.”

Lainey quirked a brow at the tone in her voice. None of her boyfriends wanted to meet her and now he does? It didn’t make sense. “He wants to meet me…why?”

“Because I talk about you all the time.” That made both girls smile at each other knowing that the stubborn girl is going to cave in. Agreeing to simple terms, Lainey finally met Liam and she had to say that she did like the boy as much as she hated to admit it.

Liam is perfect for Miley, but that look in her eyes. That special look of he’s the one really made her think if this is going to be the last time she truly bonds with her.