Behind the Mask

Stay

She shouldn’t be bitter about the relationship of Miley and Liam. Lainey should be thrilled that Miley had some stable relationship in her life excluding her parents that have been bickering a lot more lately. Not that she actually paid attention to the Cyrus family all too much considering the history between them and the tension never really faded.

What really bothered her was how distant Miley was. Her worst nightmare came true, the young teen has transformed into this lovesick teenager in love and spent all her time with Liam. Miley just came back from Australia and she is trying to spend time with Lainey.

She has a life. Her schedule didn’t revolve around Miley anymore not after she announced that she is going to take a break from music. Lainey didn’t have the luxury of sitting on her ass and doing nothing, but small work here and there. She needed to work to stay afloat and that is what she did.

When Lainey voiced her rejection of hanging out Miley instantly went on the defensive. “What’s with the attitude, Lala?”

“I don’t have an attitude, Miles. It would have been nice for you to tell me that you were going to Australia for a month for your birthday. I set up all this shit for you all for it to go to waste. I wasted all my fuckin’ money on ya ass and for what? For you to come back actin’ like nothin’ is the matta and instantly thinkin’ that I have no life and can hang out with chu wheneva ya want? No, I do that. Not for anyone.”

Miley’s voice softened as she listened to her friend, “I know you don’t do that for just anyone and I’m grateful that you spent so much time on it. I’m sorry for not telling you and I want to make it up to you. I want to spend a week with you, just us girls. So, can I stay at your place?”

The fights between them never lasted long, they would let it go in their own way and pretend it never happened. They had too strong of a bond to let it get to them. That’s what their naïve minds thought anyways. There is always that something that will put their friendship to the test it’s all in the matter of if it will last.

Lainey rubbed her forehead as she mumbled, “Yeah you can stay over…did you and Liam break up?”

“No!” Miley laughed. “Just miss spendin’ time with my girl.”

A smile crept on her lips as she sat comfortably on her couch, “What time can you be here?” Not even a minute later, the doorbell rang. Lainey grinned, that cheeky bitch. Getting up from her seat she opened the front door to reveal Miley and a suitcase behind her.

“Was I obvious?”

The older girl laughed, “Just a little.”