Never Leave Jump Drives Unattended

Never Leave Jump Drives Unattended Part 2

“What do you mean the tape leaked?? That makes no sense, Stiles.” Derek had no idea what the hell Stiles was talking about but he didn't like it! It didn't sound like anything good.

Stiles sighed, exasperated. “No! The tape didn't leak, the tape was leaked!”

“What. Does. That. Mean.” Derek ask-demanded through gritted teeth. He was trying to be patient, he really was!

“Okay, look. I understand that you have some kind of weird techno-fright thing going on, but don't you at least watch television? The news? Anything?” Stiles wasn't sure how to explain this to someone who didn't even understand the concept of information leakage.

“Stiles!” Derek's last thread of patience was about to snap. Also...did Stiles just accuse him of being afraid of something?

“Okay, okay! Calm down, jeez. Alright. What happened...was that I sort of transferred the tape onto a jump drive...” he held it up for Derek to see, hoping that at least a visual aid would keep the werewolf calm even if he probably didn't know what the hell it was. “So that I could delete it from my computer. Y'know to make sure my dad couldn't find it, 'cause I mean talk about awkward and I'm technically still jailbait for another couple of weeks, so--”

“Focus!” Derek yelled, causing Stiles to jump and squeak a little. This caused the alpha werewolf to purse his lips into a thin, deliberate line, shut his eyes and take a deep breath.

“S-so, I deleted it from my computer and had it stored onto this thing...” he said, holding up the jump drive again. “And, I sort of just stuffed into a side pocket of my book bag for safekeeping...”

“But?” Derek asked through gritted teeth and clenched jaw. He was actually very impressed with his own self-restraint right now. He had a pretty good idea where this was leading.

“But...I might've left my bag unattended or something...and someone might've found it?”

“Who. Is. Someone.” Derek didn't care about why. He just wanted someone to pay for the crime of theft and humiliation. Preferably with blood. Lots and lots of blood.

“I-I'm not sure, but...I think...maybe...Jackson.”

“I'll kill him!” Derek roared, heading for the door before he tripped over Stiles who was hanging off of him.

“But, I'm not sure!” Stiles had no love for Jackson, but it was still wrong to kill a potentially innocent person, no matter how much of a douche they were!

“He sent a tape of us having sex to the entire school! You just said yourself that you're still technically jailbait! I could be arrested!” Derek yelled. “I could be put on the Sex Offender Registry!”

Stiles wasn't impressed with Derek's hysterics. While these were good points, Derek had always given exactly zero fucks about human law and order.

The werewolf huffed out a breath, glaring pointedly at Stiles.

“My dad isn't going to have you arrested when it's two weeks away from my birthday. He's not petty like that. And besides, I think we should look on the bright side.”

“The br--!” Derek had to take three calming breaths...and it still didn't help. “What bright side, Stiles?!”

“At least you didn't knot me that time!” Stiles said with a grin, as if that was actually supposed to be a silver lining.

Derek stood up straight and stared at Stiles in wide-eyed disbelief.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was going to be a one-shot fic, but people were asking me on other sites if I'd write about the confrontation and so I decided to go ahead and do that. Hope it's up to snuff!