Status: a piece of work....

It's Too Cold Outside for Angels to Fly

And in a pipe she flies to the Motherland

It had been a few months since Rissy had found out the heartbreaking news that she had not made the Olympic Equestrian team. And in those months, Gabe had started to notice how it was slowly killing her inside and out. The blonde haired, blue eyed hockey star did everything that he possibly could to help her so she would not be too hard on herself and not let her life slip right between her fingers. But, even though every fiber of his existence was being put into keeping the girl that was very slowly starting to capture his heart, his profession, his passion, his life's goal since he was a little kid, had allowed there to be cracks in his plan of keeping her happy and healthy. And as much as he did not want to admit, Gabriel knew that when he was on the road playing in other states and countries, that Rissy would allow her life to fall down the drain. But, what he did not know was that he was the only reason she had kept herself from completely falling.

It was after the most recent road trip that Gabe really noticed how out of control Rissy's life had gotten. He arrived home after one in the morning half asleep and practically dragging up the stairs, all of his senses dulled. However, the feeling of de ja vu set in as the loud smashing noses coming from the apartment next to his fully woke him up and made him aware of his surroundings. Groaning to himself, he quickly threw his bags inside his own apartment and rushed over to his neighbor's, softly praying that it wasn't as bad as it sounded. Pushing his way through the unlocked door, Gabe almost had no time to think as some unknown object was thrown either at him or at the wall.

"Gabe! How great of you to join the party!" The drunken sound of Rissy's voice sounded. Gabe almost did a double take when he noticed that there were in fact other people in the apartment, that Rissy was not imagining things. Gabe's stomach lurched when he noticed the used syringes lying around and a powdery white substance scattered all over the floor. It made him want to throw up when he noticed that everyone in the room was high.
"Carissima who the hell are these people?" Gabe asked angrily, though he knew that there was no way he was getting an actual answer because she was too gone.

"Oh, they are my fraaaaandssss!" She slurred as one of the guys in the room started placing sloppy kisses all over her neck. The scene in front of him did it for Gabe. Practically seeing red, Gabe started to use brute force to get everyone out of the apartment. The task did not take too long because he was sober and they weren't. Plus, the fact that he was a professional athlete helped too.

"What the hell was that for?" Rissy asked, trying to stand up without falling. Gabe couldn't answered as he watched a once, well put together girl stumble around trying to get up off of the ground without falling over in a drunken, high mess. The moment she did managed to get off the ground and stay on her feet for more than three seconds, she threw up all of the content in her stomach. Gabe watched helplessly as she then proceeded to pass out. Once the initial shock was gone, Gabe quickly pulled out his phone and dialed the one number he never thought he would have to call when he was in the presence of Rissy. 911.
♠ ♠ ♠
constructive criticism always appreciated.