I Know Those Eyes

On the Bus

Jon’s Point of View

“Guys, I’m back!” I hollered as I stepped onto the bus. Silence. I glanced over to the couch to see a body huddled underneath a large comforter. I laughed softly to myself as the large mass began to move. It began to roll over and quickly found itself on the floor. I grabbed a bit of the comforter and pulled, revealing a shirtless Brendon.

“Come on Brendon, rise and shine!” I said in a sing song voice. He groaned and rolled over. I heard footsteps padding through the hall that connected the bunks to the living room and looked up. It was Spencer, clad in an old red T-shirt and jeans.

“Why are you up so early?” He asked me, looking at the bag in one of my hands and the coffee in the other.

“Because I’m not as lazy as you two. By the way, where’s Ryan?”

“Sleeping, like a normal human being,” Brendon interjected. I laughed.

“I got the new Paramore CD. I hear it’s good,” I said. They both mumbled something inaudible. Spencer walked over to the couch and practically fell onto it.

“How late did you guys stay up?” I asked.

“Four,” the three of us heard from the hall. We looked up to see Ryan stumble in. He was in bad need of a shave, and was rubbing his face roughly, trying to rub the tired look out of his eyes. “We have another show tonight, right?”

“Yep,” I said cheerily. He nodded and walked over to the counter, where an old bag of potato chips was sitting. He reached in and grabbed one, nibbling it carefully.

“Where are we?” Brendon asked. He shifted so he was leaning against the sofa.

“Chicago,” I answered. At the name, Ryan stiffened slightly. He looked up from his rapidly disappearing potato chip. Brendon and Spencer looked at him uncertainly.

“How long are we here for?” Spencer asked cautiously.

“I don’t know. This is our last show for three days or so, so we can either stay here or go up to Detroit and hang out there.” As soon as the words left my lips, Ryan looked at us.

“Let’s stay here,” he said quietly. Brendon and Spencer nodded slowly.

“Okay, I’m fine with that,” I said. I didn’t know what was going on, but clearly something about this place affected the other guys. “There is a cool record store a few blocks away from the venue,” I said. The guys nodded absentmindedly. Brendon snapped out of his thoughts first, and looked up at me.

“Where is the Starbucks?” he asked with a grin.

“Come on, I’ll show you. I have nothing better to do anyway,” I said, beckoning for him to follow. He grabbed the shirt that was laying next to where he had slept on the couch and slipped it on quickly, before following me off of the bus.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, I know. :]

Comment, please? I don't know whether I like this or not, and probably won't update past what I have already written if I don't get any feedback. Thanks!