I Know Those Eyes

Chapter Six

Ryan’s Point of View

“Ryan, we have to go in about two minutes,” I heard Brendon yell.

“Okay,” I called back. It was almost seven. We had gotten back from a sound check about an hour before, and were going to perform in about an hour. I was on my laptop, typing away. I had been typing for an hour now, deleting and rewriting words. I didn’t know what to say to her.

“Ryan, hurry it up in there!”

“Coming!” I yelled back. I looked at the screen quickly. I typed in her email address, the one that I had never forgotten, and deleted everything I had written, replacing it with a quick sentence. I closed my eyes and pressed send before I could change my mind.

“RYAN!”

“Coming!” I yelled. I shut my laptop and walked out to where Brendon was waiting.

“About time,” he mumbled.

“Come on, let’s go,” I said, walking past him. He rolled his eyes and followed me off of the bus and towards the venue.

Sarah’s Point of View

I got home about an hour after I walked into the Hair Cuttery. I dropped my bag on my bed and walked over to the mirror, looking at my new hair. I loved it. It was a little bit above my shoulders, and curving inward just the slightest bit. I now had bangs that were sweeping across my right eye. There were layers throughout. It was also almost identical to the way it was four years ago. I looked at the photo that was taped to the mirror and smiled.

Now I’m a step closer to where we were.

I shrugged the thought off instantly and jumped onto my bed, grabbing my laptop and turning it on. I signed online. When I found that there wasn’t anybody on, I signed off and went on the internet to check my email. I sorted through all of the spam that I got on a day to day basis, checking them all off so I could delete them. While checking them off, one of the email addresses caught my eye. ryro229@aol.com.

Ryan.

My heartbeat quickened as I opened it up. The email was short, but long enough to almost stop my heart.

We need to talk again. I miss you. I’m in Chicago. Call me? 1-555-332-6533

Ryan


My breath quickened. I reached for my phone and began typing the number in, before looking at the clock. The concert was starting right now, and he wouldn’t be able to answer. Groaning, I rolled over, shut the computer, and waited for the night to be over.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, its short. But I'm tired :]

I'm going to try to update tomorrow, okay? I think I did reasonably well today, considering I got six chapters up. Comments = love.