I Know Those Eyes

Chapter Eight

Ryan’s Point of View

I woke up with a start in the morning when I heard my phone ringing. Grumbling, I tore off of the couch to where my jeans from the night before were, finding it in the back pocket and answering it.

“Hello?” I said into the phone, being careful to be a bit quiet since the guys were still asleep. There was silence for a second. I was about to repeat myself when I heard a small voice on the other end.

“...Ryan?”

“Yeah? Who’s this?” I yawned, looking at the clock. It read eight thirty. Who would call this early? I thought.

“Its me...Sarah.”

My heart quickened. I couldn’t believe that I had forgotten I had told her to call, and I was at a loss for words. “Sarah? As in, Sarah Mayfield?”

Sarah’s Point of View

“As in, Sarah Mayfield?” His voice was almost the same as it had been since I had last talked to him. I nodded in response, but then realized that he couldn’t see what I was doing.

“Um, yeah.” Jess was watching anxiously from a few feet away, biting at her nails.

There was silence on the other line for a few seconds. “..It’s been so long. Can...Can I see you? When can we see each other? That is, if you want to…”

I laughed softly to myself. “Of course I want to see you!”

I heard him laugh. “Where are you right now?”

“I’m at work,” I replied.

“And where is that?” he questioned.

“Um...It’s a record store. I’ll give you the address.” I recited the address for the store over the phone.

“Okay..” I heard him say. “Wait, it’s on Pine street...Pine street? That’s right by where I played last night! And it’s right by where we have our bus parked! And I dropped some tickets off there yesterday for some people that worked there. So it WAS you who was in back of the store! Your co-worker got tickets from us.”

“Wait, the person who gave Jess tickets was you? And Brendon and Jon...from your band? They’re the ones who came into the shop yesterday?” It was all slowly making sense, and Jess was staring at me wide eyed.

“I guess so,” he said with a bit of a laugh. So, I think I’m about three blocks away from you…”

“Really? Well, I guess you better come on over,” I said with a smile on my face.

“I guess I should,” he replied. I could hear him smiling through the tone of his voice. “Give me about half an hour to find my bearings. I just woke up,” he confessed.

I laughed. “Okay, see you soon.”

“See you,” he said quietly. I heard the line go dead a second later.

I turned to Jess with a smile on my face. “He’s coming!” I half yelled in excitement. Jess squealed and hugged me.

“I’m going to meet Ryan Ross?” she asked. I nodded with a smile.

“You already met him yesterday, honey,” I said to her. She grinned.

“I had no idea that that was Panic! Geez, some fan I am,” she said with a laugh. “Those sunglasses do wonders.” She hugged me, and we both began to watch the time for when it would hit nine o’ clock.

Ryan’s Point of View

I hung up the phone after saying goodbye and skidded over to the bunk area, where I found a clean shirt and some jeans. I went into the bathroom to take a quick shower and emerged about ten minutes later, fully dressed. When I got out, I found a post it note to write a quick letter to the guys, who were presumably still asleep. As I was walking out the door, Jon came in, coffee in hand.

“Where you going so early?”

“To visit a friend,” I replied.

“I didn’t know you had friends here,” he said. “Well make it quick, apparently we have to go to Detroit early for an interview of some sort. I don’t know exactly.”

I felt my heart sink at his words. “When do we have to go?” I asked. Please don’t make it too soon, not after I just found her-

“Around noon. We have to be there by about four in the afternoon,” he said. My mind went blank. I only had a few hours to spend with her.

“Um, okay. I have to go. Tell the guys,” I said. Jon nodded, and I walked off of the bus and onto the street, towards a girl that meant the world to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, I know a lot of my chapters are short. Do you guys want long chapters, where I don't update as often, but I give longer chapters, or do you want me to update every day but with shorter chapters? You decide :]

And comment please! I want to know how I'm doing with this thing :/