‹ Prequel: Five Years After
Status: Miss me?

Paint You Wings

She ain't worth saving

Are you sure you're okay with me not being there, I don't mind leaving." Alex told Jasey as he sorted through his suitcase laid open on his bunk of the tour bus.

"Stop trying to use me as an excuse to leave tour. I'm fine." she laughed. He knew how hard she was working. He knew that the happy and alert tone she had during their conversations was fake. It was all for him too.

"I know you're lying Jase, I can hear how worn out you are." he said, finally.

The girl on the other end sighed and sat down on the edge of her bed, bringing her knees to her chest. She could hear the shuffling of Alex's things being thrown around on the other end, but she didn't mind. As long as she got to hear his voice, she'd be okay.

"People get tired all the time, Lex." she answered.

"You know what I mean. With the last time I was there, and how sick you were, an-"

"Alex, I'm Jasey Rae, I'm always fine." And she was right. She was Jasey Rae, the strong headed and kind hearted soul that Alex Gaskarth fell head over heels in love with. She could do anything and she'd proven that already. Her name alone proved her strength.

"Whatever you say," Alex sighed. In all honestly he really did wish she would break down and beg him to come, because he knew that the numerous plane tickets he'd pre-purchased for every month were going to waste. He was always ready to be there. However bad he wished he could, he also knew that it most likely wasn't possible. He couldn't let down the fans who'd been with them and waited to meet him for so long. He couldn't run out on their stories of brave survival.

Though tour got tiring, he'd be lying if he said he didn't lock himself in the bus bathroom and shed a tear or two after the stories fans told him. He was doing what Jasey always promised him he would do. He was changing lives.

"Okay, well I've gotta' go to soundcheck. I'll talk to you later?" Alex heard rattling on the other end. "Jase?"

"Oh, what? Yeah, bye."

Staring at his phone with hurt eyes and a wounded heart, Alex shoved his phone in his pocket and joined the rest of his band.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"She's stable for right now. Look, usually in these kind of cases we would contact the authorities and issue her to rehab but her manager has come forward and admitted to getting her hooked on the drugs. Now, don't get too frantic, these things happen all the time with stars like her."

"These things happen all the time?! She's a fucking person. She almost died. That woman should be charged with attempted murder." Alex spat.

"I'm no cop Mr. Gaskarth. I'm just a doctor. If you have an issue and want to press more serious charges you're going to have to talk to NYPD." he said casually as he wrote down things on Jasey's chart.

"Can you just explain to me what happened, please?" Alex sighed.

The doctor sighed in response and placed his pen back in his coat pocket. "Basically managers will give a form of speed to their clients. It's a very low dose, but they eat them several at a time. They're extremely addicting and in most cases we don't catch the abuser in time. She's very lucky."

Alex sat down and ran his hands over his face, trying to calm himself. How could someone do that to Jasey? His Jasey.

"She'll be okay, Mr Gaskarth."
♠ ♠ ♠
...........(;

Hi all of you lovely people. I can't believe I had time to update. I guess that's what happens when you do homework at the right time. Anywho, all of you should thank Katie for this amazing layout because she made it. It made my ovaries explode. ..so technically Katie made my ovaries explode?

If you don't know who Katie is, she's the fellow mibbian I'm obcessed with. Her story: Darling, I just can't go on and it's sequel make me so happy.

Leave your comments and follow me on twitter! @JessicaHaleyYo

Love and Rockets
Jessica