‹ Prequel: Five Years After
Status: Miss me?

Paint You Wings

Awake

"YES!"

Jasey jumped out of her sleep harshly whilst casting frantic glances around the room. It was when she finally looked to the door to her music room that she saw Alex's figure entering it. How he'd remembered the code left her drawing a blank.

It took her a while to realize that the trembling and stabbing pain in her stomach had ceased almost completely.

Jasey actually felt okay. Alive even for the first time in almost two weeks. Her head spun and she immediately plopped back down after sitting up too quickly.

Her second attempt was better, and she swung her feet over her talk bed. Using the bed post for support, she pulled on a pair of Alex's sweat pants that were laying idly beside the chair next to where her head had previously been lying.

With difficulty Jasey walked over to where she used to spend her time the most, the window seat.

Pulling back the mellowed yellow curtains, she sat down with a small smile adorning her mouth. She relished in the view before her that brought forth suppressed memories of her teenage years.

Jasey was alone again, just the way she liked it. She could remember sitting in that exact spot day after day with a book poised against her lap. She wished she could perpetuate those moments into her soul, but as time passed, they became worn and fallow.

She had the urge to cry. Not of sadness, but of defeat in the sense that she would never be able to get those moments back. Yes, the hands of her mind could spin a web of new ones, but they would never be as cherish-able.

She wished so badly that she could master time and travel to before she'd known of the broken and twisted memories that eventually formed her very being. She wanted hope to mean something to her again. When hope had never left her empty handed.

Jasey wanted to be able to wear her mother's jewelry proudly. The diamonds that looked so beautiful on the porcelain skin of her slightly darker red-headed mother.

She could remember her father. Her real father. He'd buy her charms and bracelets and new ballerina slippers so that she could dance to her hearts content. His blonde hair and bright blue eyes shone with the gentle soul inside him. Her locket with his picture in it sat carelessly somewhere inside in if her drawers, and she promised herself to find it.

He stood up for her. When Jasey's mother had decided against the lessons she'd yearned for, Jasey's dad was always there with a hand on her shoulder

"Why not? She'll conquer it like she does everything else." He said, looking down to her and smiling. The small redhead with dimples would smile back, her teeth showing brightly in appreciation and love.

If anyone had ever adored Jasey it was her father. And for the first time since she was small, she missed him. She missed the smell of his old spice aftershave, and the way his claps would ring though the house after she finished playing him a song.

As nostalgia settled around her like particles of dust, Jasey picked herself up from her warm seat. She walked slowly out of her bedroom and took notice in how much sharper her vision seemed without the pills in her system. She seemed to float down the hallways and into her parent's old room. It wasn't long before she was sifting through an old drawer of her father's that she found his cologne. Turning towards her left, she opened the old trunk at the end of the bed where her mother had placed his clothes after his death.

Jasey pulled out an old college sweatshirt of his and sprayed it with just enough cologne that it didn't overwhelm her, but made it's presence known. After off the old t-shirt of Alex's that she was wearing she slipped the sweatshirt on. The sleeves were much longer than her arms but it didn't really matter in the long run. She walked on her tip toes back to her room and fell against the mattress she had easily become used to again. She fell asleep right as Jack exited her music room and he immediately noticed that she'd been awake and moving around.

He sighed in relief when he watched as the tremors finally stopped in the middle of the night. Walking over to her bedside he also realized that she was wearing his sweat pants.

"You think they're Alex's," Jack smirked as he gave her a once over.

Jack left the room with a feeling of dread that Jasey would find some way to conversate with him. All he wanted, was to have nothing to do with her. He would do everything possible to complete his stay without her having to do anything with him either.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hiiii GO COMMETN OR I WILL BE SO ANGRY

And the reason I was so upset yesterday is because the guinea-babies died, so djnagdfgbds;f. don't make me cry

Love and rockets
jess