‹ Prequel: Five Years After
Status: Miss me?

Paint You Wings

Tell me what your bestfriend knows

Jack collapsed onto the leather couch in the room where the guys used to watch movies during their stay. Jasey had brought them there to watch Breakfast at Tiffany's and they guys went back almost every day since.

He'd just put in Home Alone before turning off all the lights and grabbing a near by blanket. Jasey was still asleep as always and it was nearing midnight so Jack decided to take the opportunity to get some rest himself. He'd really done nothing that day except for congratulating himself with cake after his "super mind-fuck" of remembering the code to Jasey's music room he'd always been obsessed with. He'd be lying if he said he didn't play every single one of her guitars while having the time of his life. The action of the strings was perfect for him. He'd always liked that Jasey and he were the same in their instrument preferences.

Jack's eyes fluttered slowly as he fought to keep them open. He vaugley saw the face of Kevin McCallister shining through the slits of his eyes. Jack pulled the blanket closer around his neck, meaning that the bottoms of his feet were uncovered. In attempt to fix the problem Jack grabbed a small pillow to lay over his feet. He would never be able to sleep with uncovered feet ever since Alex had convinced him that ghost sucked his toes at night when they were little.

Jack grabbed his phone for something to do and quickly clicked the twitter icon. Scrolling through his feed, he saw that most bands were on break after their summer tour. It usually went that bands toured during the summer, recorded in the winter, and promoted in the fall.

@AlltimeHaley: where are you Jackkkkk? @JackAllTimeLow

@hustlerprobs: CALL 911 @JackAllTimeLow IS MISSING ASDFG

@toxicdaughter: @JackAllTimeLow, what's going on you haven't tweeted in days. #jack #why #iloveyou #dontdie

Jack laughed at some of the mentions in his feed. It was true that he hadn't done much to make his existence known in the past week with taking care of Jasey.

@AlexAllTimeLow: Too much of anything is too much

Jack rolled his eyes and pressed the reply button on his I-phone.

@JackAllTimeLow: @AlexAllTimeLow Stop tweeting your own lyrics faggot. #snob #selfpromotion #iloveyou #jalex

Jack set his phone down and rolled over to press his face into the cushion of the couch, easily beckoning sleep. He was dozing off slightly when his phone vibrated once. Grabbing it from the arm rest of the couch Jack unlocked it to go back into twitter.

AlexAllTimeLow: @JackAllTimeLow well your mom seemed to like it last night. #burn #penisjoke #iloveyou #comeholdme #andthen #letshave #se- what? (;

Jack laughed, vibrations echoing through his chest into the air around him. He ran a hand through his skunk dyed hair and flipped back towards the screen due to the sleep that was once so easily in reach escaping him. He sat there for a while, trying to think of something clever that he knew would get the fans started.

@JackAllTimeLow: @AlexAllTimeLow LEAVE JOYCE OUT OF THIS. I JUST WANT YOU TO WANT ME. #theydontknowaboutlastsummer #kinky #whippedcream #ijustwant #youandi #tobumpuglies

Jack couldn't help the silent hysterical laughing that seemed to be taking control of his body. The tweets were pouring in at unimaginable amounts. Fans were raging, magazines were probably gossiping, but what made it funnier was that Alex was most likely as hysteric as he was.

@JessicaHaleyYo: THE RUMORS ARE TRUE HELL YEAH MOFOS #jalex

@mylipglossispoppin': JALEX TO THE UNIVERSE #wherestheunicorn #jalex

@Jalex: I TOLDDDDDD YOU ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL #fuck #jalex #threesome

@AlexAllTimeLow: @JackAllTimeLow look what you've done ): #thisiswhywecanthavenicethings


Jack smiled as his fingers hovered over the keyboard of his phone, about to reply, until bloody screams resonated through the marble of the house. Jack didn't even have to think before his body instinctively bolted from his position to the door. One thing he was actually glad for was that the room he was in was only a hall over form where Jasey's room was located.

As he slid around a corner and her screams drew closer Jack prepared for what he might have to face. She'd been silent all day so the shrieks that were cutting through the house's silence seemed amplified by tons. Jack finally reached her door and threw it open, flicking on the light to find Jasey covered in a think layers of sweat and thrashing around.

"Get off of me!" she screamed as sobs racked through her body. "Mom! Mom, help, get off." Jack's stomach turned and he thought he was actually going to be sick. She was dreaming about her step-father. What he...did to her. Jack swallowed and hurried to her side, taking her by the shoulders and shaking roughly. He didn't have time for being gentle.

"Jasey, wake up, you're dreaming." Jack said loudly as he shook.

"GET OFF," She cried harder as she attempted to pry his hands off, the night terror still in control of her mind.

"JASEY, WAKE UP."

Jasey's green eyes flew open and she cowered away from Jack immediately, hiccuping as she tried to get as far away from him as possible while his hands remained on her upper arms.

"It's me, Jack. You're okay. You're fine, you were dreaming." He said breathlessly but calm all the same. Jasey's breaths shallowed further as she finally clung to him with a death grip. He could practically feel the terror coursing through her veins. She'd thought Jack was her step-father, but now, she just needed a body to cling to.

Jack rubbed circles on her back in soothing motions whilst whispering calming words to the still sobbing red-headed beauty.

"He was there," she hiccuped. "He was-he was coming back."

"Shh, Jasey you need to breath okay? You're having a panic attack, if you don't start breathing you'll pass out." Jasey nodded quickly up and down as she tried to breath in and out only choking each times.

"I was s-so scared."

"It was a dream," he said again, seemingly trying to convince her. One hand ran through her hair whilst the other rubbed up and down her back. Even though her death grip on him was somewhat painful, it was better than none at all.

"I can't do this anymore," she sobbed harder, her grip loosening.

"No, don't you do that to me." Jack said angrily, gripping her tighter in hopes that she would do the same.

"It's too much, I wish I'd died." Jack thought ironically back to Alex's tweet. His mind ran over how much the two were alike and how he couldn't understand why Alex would leave at a time like this.

"Don't say that, please- just don't." Jack sighed. Jack wished what he was about so say would be purely tactics of trying to calm Jasey, but he knew they'd all be his hidden truths.

"You're my best friend. If you go, I go." Jack told her. Jasey's crying seemed to slow slightly as she leaned back.

"You told me-"

"I know what I said at the hospital." Jack rolled his eyes.

"You made me hate myself fo-"

"I said what I needed to say because if you would have fucking died in that bed I would have been standing on a building rooftop not five minutes later." He said with emotion, already a lump forming in his throat.

"I was well prepared to end my life. And then you just..you just came back." Jack shrugged, his eyes filling with tears, but not spilling over.

It was the truth. Jack had a loaded gun at home, several sleeping pills in a sandwich bag that was kept in his pocket, he'd even looked at buildings. If Jasey didn't exist, he wouldn't either.

The room was silent for a while after that as Jasey just stared at the boy in front of her who she'd never seen more serious. Her hair pooled around her, tickling her arms. Jack's eyes held so much hurt and she felt as if she could no longer hold his gaze. Jasey scooted over slowly, motioning for Jack to sit beside her on the bed. The two just laid there without speaking. Only the slow and clam breathing of the other could be heard.

"Will you stay? -in here, I mean. In case it happens again." Jasey added.

Jack nodded carelessly and Jasey took the chance to pull the tangled sheets and blankets out of their knots and pull them up around the two. Her once hot and sweaty body relaxed at the feeling of the cold sheets settling on her skin. Before she could let herself doze off however; she wanted to give Jack something to stare at since she figured he'd be up all night after this.

"Want to see something cool?" she whispered in the darkness. She could see the outline of Jack's head turn towards her, and she imagined his eyes holding confusion. Turning away from him, Jasey reached behind her to a small switch that was placed behind the tall and expensive headboard of her bed. Flipping it on, she heard Jack gasp lightly.

Millions of little stars lit up on the ceiling of the room. Planets, stars, galaxies- they all covered her ceiling. What Jack didn't notice was the same thing Jasey hadn't noticed until just hours before despite the several years being there. To the right five inches, and up seven, was a small constellation, barely noticeable.

It spelled: JASEY
♠ ♠ ♠
UGH THIS SUCKS SO BAD OKAY COMMENT LIKE CRACK HEADS IM SO BUSY I LOVE YOU ALL MKAY BYE LJDBAGLDNGDLGNDAG

Love and rockets
jessicaaaaaa