‹ Prequel: Five Years After
Status: Miss me?

Paint You Wings

Tell me what your bestfriend knows

"How the actual hell did you manage to afford these again?" Jack asked while basically eye raping a very expensive and rare Martin guitar.

"Well you know, the perk of being a billionaire." Jasey smirked. Jack scoffed.

"If you still have all this money, why did you live so..." Jack pondered for a moment.

"Poorly?" Jasey finished for him.

"I was trying to pick a less offending word but I mean, if you're okay with that one," Jack laughed. Jasey rolled her eyes and shrugged her shoulders, looking at herself in the mirror that was the wall of her music room.

"I wanted to live on my own, you know? And, you know, after everything that happened I didn't really want anything to do with this place." Jack was surprised at how easily Jasey was speaking after the last couple weeks. He assumed that this day would be tense and awkward after last night, so he wasn't complaining.

The two quieted down for a moment due to their thoughts consuming their minds. Jack's eyes soon caught Jasey's looking at herself in the mirror. He noticed the pink color in her cheeks that everyone had missed for so long, and the light in her eyes that for so long had been consumed by dark rains. Now, they were brilliant and alive. He took in her red hair and how the once broken and dried ends were mending together. It was beginning to shine again, just look it should.

"You look great Jase." Jack half-smiled. Her eyes finally met his in the mirror and the smile on her lips matched his.

"Thanks Jacky."

After playing for about an hour and joking about old times, the two decided they were starving and decided to try and invent something to eat. Jack suddenly came up with the bright idea to watch a video from youtube called Epic Meal Time. After watching for the length of the video, Jack's blood was racing through his veins with a deep determination.

"No." Jasey said, smirking.

"YES." Jacked yelled while flinging around his arms for emphasis.

"Jack, there is no way we can make lasagna that big. Did you see how many calories are in that?"

"Jasey there are starving kids in Africa." Jack argued.

"I have a feeling that we'd be doing this at some point in our lives anyway so fine. Get all the stuff." Jasey said while waving her hand dismissively towards the cupboard.

Jack grabbed bottles of marinara sauce along with packages of garlic bread and lasagna noodles. Jasey grabbed the Ipad Jack had brought with him and immediately entered the Pandora app.

"You have an All Time Low station?" Jasey scoffed. Jack only shrugged, so of course Jasey chose the station. It wasn't long before the two were managing their own ingredients side by side before having to merge everything.

"SO TELL ME WHAT YOUR BESTFRIEND KNOWS!" Jasey sang into the wooden spoon she was using.

"TELL ME WHY YOU TALK ME DOWN WHEREVER YOU GO!" Jack sang in reply into a loaf of garlic bread, causing Jasey to giggle.

It ended with the two laughing breathlessly on the floor after a minute or two during the song where the erratically tried to out-dance each other.

"You know, the bitch this song was about? Her name was Mato. MATO." Jack cracked.

Jasey clutched her stomach as she laughed, her head tilting back against the floor. "MATO? LIKE TOMATO?"

Jack laughed harder and the two clutched at each other to try and gain some sort of composure, but it failed terribly. Tears streamed down their faces and the room seemed to spin for the both of them due to the lack of oxygen.

"I missed this," Jack sighed after a while, grabbing Jasey's hand.

"Me too Jacky. Me too."
♠ ♠ ♠
SURPRISE BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA BET YOU THOUGHT I ABANDONED THIS.

Well it's summer now so I can actually write again, and I have to say I missed you all terribly. I saw every comment and it did not go unnoticed. I literally have had no time to update but get ready for this story to pick up again. I love you all and you're all amazing for staying with this story.

@JessicaHaleyYo = twitter.

Love and Rockets,
Jessica