‹ Prequel: Five Years After
Status: Miss me?

Paint You Wings

Empty Pillow Talk

"She'll be okay man, she's Jasey. She's always okay." Jack said, taking a seat across from Alex and next to Zack in the hospital cafeteria.

"I can't believe this," said Zack. "I just can't believe this happened. Not in a million year would I have every thought-"

"None of us did," sighed Alex.

"This isn't your fault, Lex. It was just too much for her, she's had a hard life and I think all of us underestimated that. Yeah, we shouldn't have left her after all that she'd been through but did we really have a choice? She would've had wanted us to live our dream and-"

"Stop talking like she's already fucking dead!" Alex snapped, his voice cracking in the process. Everything was too surreal for him. The band was acting like they were already starting their process of mourning.

"She's going to be fine. Show some respect for your 'friend'. Or do you really even care that her life is in any kind of jeopardy?" Alex asked harshly.

"She's going to die, Alex. We need to accept that because it hurts too fucking much to have her taken away again, knowing we can't stop it this time either." Tears rolled down Jack's face as he pushed his chair back with force and stood.

Jack kept his head down as he walked down the hallway that was now familiar to him. He passed the vending machines, the water fountain, the evacuation doors, and finally entered the cut off hallway where Jasey's room was located. He took a deep breath outside of her door in order to calm in self, much like he had to do everytime he entered the room. Seeing her like that...was sickening.

Jack pushed against the door and shivered at the frigid temperature. He hadn't really had any alone time with Jasey. Alex was always with her, and although he loved his bestfriend, he also just wanted to be with Jasey. Sighing, he walked over to the side of her bed. He sat in the seat Alex usually assumed which was right beside the annoying EKG.

Jack took Jasey's hand slowly and took a deep breath.

"Jase, I want you to know that it's okay if you want to give up. I know you're in pain and you've had a horrible life, and to be honest it'll probably get worse. That's just how life is. You've gotten us so far and...I'd be selfish to sit here and cry and beg you to stay, just to make me happy. You deserve so much more than what the fucked up world has to offer you." Jack sniffled. He gripped her hand tighter and placed a light kiss on the back of her hand.

"I love you, Jase. But if you do decide to head out of here, I want you to know that I'll never forget you. I'll make sure no one forgets you. I'll stay strong and I'll make you proud of me, I promise." Hesitantly, Jack released the sleeping beauties hand. He ran his hands over his red and tear stained face, trying to cope with the harsh reality of what life had slapped him with this time.

"You'll be a legend, Jase."

Alex returned not five minutes later to ask for some alone time. Instead of sitting in Jack's previous spot though, he curled up beside Jasey in her uncomfortable hospital bed. The first thing he did was place his warm hands to her thin chest, to feel her heart beat. It had certainly improved from when he found her. It wasn't the strongest beat, but her's nonetheless.

"I miss you," Alex whispered against he cheek. He could feel her heart leap in her chest, but also hear it on the monitor just above them. That gave him hope.

"I know you can hear me, you just haven't figured out how to come back to me yet." he told her. "Well we're working on our new album. It's going pretty good. You know we signed back with Hopeless, I can't believe we ever even left them." Alex informed.

"I wrote this song about you. Well, most every song I write is about you to be honest. Anyways, I was going to play it for you before all this happened. I'd play it now but I don't have an acoustic with me, I'm sorry Jase." Most would say it was hopeless to sit here and carry on a conversation with someone who was basically catatonic, but Alex knew that she heard him. He even knew what she would say if she could say anything at all.

Alex pressed his lips against her cheek and was instantly met with her heart racing. He smiled, knowing he had that effect on her. He lightly stroked her hair that pooled around her, tucking strands behind her ear.

"I'm so in love with you," he told her. Growing tired, Alex pulled the unconscious girl against him and closed his eyes. Just wanting her to be pressed against him. The boys had gone back to their hotel to catch some much needed rest.

"I'm lost in empty pillow talk again," he whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hiiiiii. Bet you didn't expect an update because it usually take me two months? (: Well surprise, I actually might update again tonight. I just want to apologize also, I had some technical difficulties with the story. I'm positive I'd set it as the sequel but for some reason it didn't send and email, nor did it show it on the FYA story page. Follow me on twitter- @JessicaHaleyYo, tell me your thoughts, comment, subscribe, recommend, love me.

Love and Rockets
Jessica