‹ Prequel: Five Years After
Status: Miss me?

Paint You Wings

All my brightest hopes

"You're awake," Jack breathed after he'd walked into the familiar room. He'd expected nothing but the sleeping girl in her bed and white gown, but instead sat a girl with rosy cheeks and calm eyes.

"That I am," she smiled calmly. Without a word Jack sent his eyes to the floor and hesitantly walked to the stool at her right. After sitting down, he set his eyes upon his intertwining hands. He couldn't look at her. He didn't want to.

"Look at me," Jasey whispered. Jack ignored her and his stare became harder, more intent.

"Why can't you look at me?" Jasey whispered to him.

"How could you do that to us?" Jack bursts. His face flooded with blood.

"Jack, it was a mistak-"

"What was a mistake was trusting you after you fled without another word to us," he spat.

"Jack," she breathed, "how could you say that?"

"I'd accepted the fact that you were dead, you can't just come back again, and again," Jack choked at the end of his speech. His hands flew to his face, shielding it away from her. He couldn't cry in front of her. He wouldn't. He would let her win.

"Jack," she breathed, placing the palm of her hand on his cheek.

"Stop! Stop doing that! You don't care about anyone but yourself, it's always been that way." He protested.

"Jack, what are you talking about?" Jasey cried.

"That's enough." A stern voice called from the doorway. Jack didn't need to look to see who it was, or how mad the owner of the voice was. Without taking his eyes of Jasey, Jack stood and exited the room, never once acknowledging Alex.

Once the door was closed, Alex was instantly at her side, mumbling sweet words of nothingness to calm her down.

"It's okay," he whispered.

"Alex no it's not. Pretty soon they're going to let me out of here, and take me off of morphine and then I'll go through withdraws. It'll all get worse," she said hopelessly.

"But I'll be there. Doesn't that matter?" Alex told her. She didn't have an answer, so instead she pulled him to her, closing the space between their lips.

"Will you really be there? Will you stay with me?" she asked him in seriousness. Alex searched her features before answering.

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"Because of what happened last time," she said obviously.

"Jase, I was an idiot. Nothing is taking me away from you again." Jasey took used his time for speaking to caress his face with her palm, him leaning into it all the while.

"I love you," he told her.

"I know." she replied, kissing his forehead.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is so short holy poo.

I've been on skype with Katie for like five hours and I really have to pee ugh. And my teeth hurt and I can't even eat this twix and ugh. FML. Also, I only have 74 subs on this? WHATTUP HOME DAWGS. Okay well I love you all.

Love and Rockets
Jessica