Status: *in progress*

There is Something...

*that breath of fresh air*

“Finally my slave days at the university are over. My parents decided to make a present for me and I had to choose country I would like to visit for the whole summer. I hesitated a little, but then realized why not visit the one I’ve been studying a lot about. So I chose England…” that’s how Mary-Ann started the first page of her new life sitting in the plane which was flying to St. Albans.

“Amm..Hey! Sorry to interrupt you..but could you help me to open this packet of nuts?”

Marry raised her eyes slowly facing the owner of the voice. It was a girl with big blue eyes and freckles all over her face. She had long black hair which would have made her look as a ghost in full package with very pale skin unless she had a fresh rosy color on her cheeks.

“Yeah, sure!” Marry honored the request with the speed of a hawk and handed the packet back. “I’m Mary-Ann by the way”.

“Alice. Nice to meet you! Are you living in England? Or is it a trip?” she asked with a flash in her eyes.

“Um.. Kind of a trip. It’s my first time in the country. And I have to live with some family. I’m a little bit scared. But scared good, right? So, as you interrupted me” – Mary said with a wink – “I think could ask you a few questions.”

“Sure, whatever you want. Just hit me.” And Alice made her body towards Mary so she could see her properly.

“Amm..where I start..Ok, here it goes. I have a summer trip designed by the tour agent. And I have to live with some family as I’ve already said. They will pay them for that. When we arrive I have to visit Foreign Accommodation Agency so they can find me a place to stay. I have the address, so, I thought, maybe you could help me find it?”

The answer was quick and short with a bright smile, “No, problem!”

“And I assume you’re not German?”

“Bingo!” Alice tried to put even more of an English accent into this word. They both laughed.

The rest of the flight girls spent chatting about some random things you can tell to a stranger.

“So, here we are – St. Albans the home of rebel and love..as I call it”. Alice introduced the city to a new one there.

They took a cab to the agency and parted in front of the doors. Alice gave Mary her phone number in case she gets lost and waved her “Good bye”.

“Hello, Miss Michel. We were expecting you. And I want inform you that unfortunately we haven’t found you a family to live with. But we are working on this situation. If you have some friends here you can live with them,” quickly informed a tall man with an artificial smile. Seeing the sights of desperation on Mary’s face he added quickly, “We can offer you to live a couple of days at our hotel. Of course it’s on the house. Why don’t you take a moment to decide?”

Mary immediately took out the new number and asked for the phone.

Later that day…

“So…”

“She always says this word.. funny girl.” Thought Mary to herself.

“This is where you can sleep and throw clothes all over the place.” Mary was shown to a nice small room painted in pink. It had a sofa, cupboard and a big mirror. What more would a girl dream of in that hour of need?

“Great. I really appreciate this. Are you sure your parents wouldn’t mind? And don’t get me wrong..but you don’t know me, and it’s summer time, and what about your friends…”

Alice took Mary’s bag and threw it on the sofa. “Relax and nope, they will be in Germany for the whole summer with granny. Besides this nice Agency will pay me..so..” Mary raised her eyebrows. “Oh, no, I like you. I’m kidding. My friends…what about my friends… They will definitely like you too, and I don’t have so many of them. So, no worries. Anyhow you don’t need to pay for rent, so, that’s a good start. A-a-and my brother’s coming tomorrow. Are you afraid of boys?”

Mary got pink. She hadn’t any idea why. “Of course not. Why?”

Alice left the room letting Mary to look around and get ready for dinner. An hour later Mary ran down the stairs awakened by the tasty smell of pizza.

“Sorry, but today’s take out. And I don’t like cooking much..so..” Alice said chewing pizza with pepperoni and mushrooms.

Mary took one slice and joined the conversation, “That’s ok. I’m fond of such style. What can I see here?”

“Like famous buildings and beauty spots?”

Mary nodded.

“Not much, but you can go to London some day. We have tour agencies which provide sightseeing tours to London. And I heard it’s not so costly”. A minute later Alice added, “But there’s show tomorrow evening at the club not far from here… if you are interested in music.”

“Who’s playing? “ inquired Mary.

“Some local bands.” Alice shrugged.

Mary nodded “Cool. Your brother…Tell me about him.”

Alice swallowed and smirked, “Well, my brother is named after a guy from The Prodigy…or maybe not. HA! And he’s in a band, which is quite famous right now…I think. He is tall and orange…”
♠ ♠ ♠
In italics presented Mary-Ann's thoughts/ideas to herself...just so you know!
Comment, please;)
Oh, and you may find the first chapter (and the whole story because of it) uninteresting due to lack of a certain band, BUT give it a try and read the second one.