Status: *in progress*

There is Something...

*one glimpse of You*

Mary-Ann felt a sharp pain in her head as she tried to adjust the pillow under it. Instinctively she reached out her hand to the wound and winced at the slight touch. She opened her eyes and they fell at the Chestnut tree outside. Its leaves gently swaying in the wind and summer sun. She admired the view for a few moments and the feeling of her being watched crawled into her mind. She turned her head to the right and met a pair of hazel eyes and suddenly her heart skipped a bit and she felt lightheaded.

“Hey.” Rob greeted her gently with a small smile. “How are you, Ann?” She was still looking into his eyes unbelievably.

Rob furrowed his eyebrows and his smile slowly fell, “You don’t remember me…” he whispered mostly to himself and averted his gaze away from her.

Mary-Ann raised her brow because she caught what he just said. She looked at her hand before answering him. He was squeezing her small hand. “Rob…” She exhaled, “How can I ever forget you?” she smiled brightly at him.

Hearing what she said he just sprung from his seat and leaned to hug her, “The doctor said that you can have a memory loss and when you woke up yesterday you were speaking German…and..” he blurted out and decided that he might worsen his friend’s state and released her.

Mary-Ann chuckled but he could see the pain he gave her moving her abruptly, “I remember drinking water…and..” she paused thinking over, “and a weird dream.” She looked at him and saw that his mind was swarming with mixed feelings: joy, sadness and hurt.

She squeezed his hand reassuringly and searched his eyes, when he looked at her he apologized. “I should tell the guys that you are awake…Alice thought we killed you. I’m so sorry. It’s all my fault.” Rob stood up and left the room not waiting for Mary to say something.

She furrowed her eyebrows again. And looked at the tree again. Sadness clutching her heart.

She heard a phone buzzing somewhere. She followed the sound with her eyes and saw her phone on the bedside table. She reached it with her hand and sighed when she read Mother on the flashing screen. She answered and was greeted by her mother’s worried and somewhat angry voice.

The moment she said Goodbye to her mother the door to her room burst open and her English friends gathered around her. Everyone was smiling brightly. Mary’s eye stopped on Rou and she looked at him quizzically, “Well hello, Zorro and normal people!” she greeted them and placed her hand over her mouth not to laugh hysterically.

“Do you like my mustache?” Rou beamed and twisted one end of his oddly shaped facial hair under his nose. Apparently he decided to get rid of his beard and leave only mustache.

Mary nodded and looked quizzically at Rory who seemed the most normal at the moment. “Alice got him in the nose when he caught her.” He explained. “It’s nice to see you smiling and remembering us.”

“The doctor said that we can take you home tomorrow.” Alice sniffled.

“Aw, I’m alright! And tomorrow we’ll go swimming!” Mary-Ann reassured and raised her hands motioning her to come and get a hug.

A little later a nurse came in and asked everyone to leave and wished them a fun evening. She brought Mary some salad and a sweet tea with a croissant. Then she checked her pulse and changed the bandages on her head. After that she was taken for some procedures and back into her room. She sat on the bed and stared out of the window in front of her. It was late evening and she watched as the street lamps were turned on one by one. She felt happy, relieved and calm, but sad at the same time. She thought about her dream and couldn’t remember the young man’s face from it. But she knew that he gave off a warm feeling to her and that she was curious and excited about him.

After awhile she got tired and laid down on the pillow. She watched and listened to the street until the lids of her eyes became so heavy that she couldn’t resist the sleep. She was sitting on the bright green grass. She watched the light pink petals slowly fall around her. She looked around and saw beautiful tall trees with pink flowers on them. She stood up and saw a narrow turquoise path which disappeared in the trees. She took that path and it led her to the cliff. She came to the edge and looked down. The sea was calm. There were no clouds in the sky. She looked up and soft snowflakes fell onto her face. It wasn’t cold outside. It wasn’t windy. It wasn’t sunny either. And snowflakes left warm feeling rather than cold one. “I like it here.” She looked to her right and saw familiar dark hoodie and jeans. It was him. He’s just whispered to her. The hood still hid his face. But he was taller than her and she could see him smirking again. His eyes were the saddest eyes she ever saw. Even when he was smirking or smiling his eyes looked dull and despondent. She wanted to cheer him up but no words came to her mind. He took her hand in his and squeezed. The snow was still falling on them. She felt her cheeks colour at his touch. He wasn’t looking at her. He knew what he did to her and he smiled. She was still looking at him when she realized that he was holding her by her shoulders and her back faced the sea. “I need you,” he whispered to her again. She didn’t know what to say, she felt dizzy. She looked at his hands clutching her shoulders and didn’t feel them. She wasn’t feeling his touch anymore. His eyes slowly begun to move away. He wasn’t holding her anymore. He looked at her falling figure with sorrow. She looked at the bright white sky. The cliff faded in the distance. The realization dawned upon her and before she hit the water she heard another whisper so close to her ear that she felt cold breath on it. His voice said: “Soon...”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey there! I hope you are still into my story. I'll try to update more regularly, lot's of work.
Hmm...it seems as if last few chapters are sad...it just turned out that way. Happy chapters come right on next!

Read-Comment-Subscribe-Recommend