Status: *in progress*

There is Something...

*a flash flood of colour*

“Aren’t you happy to see me?” Chris was sitting resting his elbows on the bed edge and his head in his hands. “I came to say “Good morning,”” he made an innocent look and smacked his lips. He tried to move the blanket aside.

Mary screw up her eyes because of the sudden sun light, “Tell me one thing, please. Why I don’t believe you?” she raised her left eyebrow.

“Do you like ice-cream?”

“Answer my question, slyboots” she demanded.

Chris frowned and stood up, “Rory and Alice had to leave for the whole day…or two…something urgent with their aunt. As a result we are babysitting you.” Chris finished his phrase and headed to the door, a smirk resting on his lips.

“Ok.” Satisfied with the answer Mary put the blanket over her head again, when she suddenly realized…”WHAT? Who WE?” she sprang from her bed to catch Chris on the staircase.

“SWEET! Let’s see your PJ’s more thoroughly!!” Rob jumped in triumph on the couch in the living room so he could see Mary. Rou was sitting quietly and watched the TV, the news channel.

“H…i, Rob…and Rou,” Mary started to cover herself with her hands, but it wasn’t helping at all. “I’ll be here in 5 minutes.” And she flew away back to the bedroom.

In almost an hour Mary came into the kitchen fully dressed and ready. But she didn’t know for what she was ready, she just was.

Rou moved to her a cup of hot chocolate, “Wow, that’s the speed of light you are showing us today,” and took a sip of his tea.

“We thought that you got lost somewhere there,” Chris giggled. “Rob was planning to call a search party.”

Rob almost snapped and spilt the hot drink from his mouth, “Mate, I can’t wait that long! I even get tired saying her full name. Sorry, Ann.” he looked her in the eyes and pouted his lips.

Mary-Ann raised her hands in defense, “Ok, I confess…I took a nap. Do you see my hair?” she rolled her eyes and pointed at her head, “I need, like, 15 minutes to get ready..”

Rob folded his arms over his chest and said, “So, no ice-cream for you, lady. Nope.”

“But..” Mary began her protesting speech.

Rob just raised his right hand making her stop talking, “And no BUTs. C’mon already, I’m starving.”

In a moment the company was outside screwing up their eyes because of the bright sun. As Rou told Mary it was very unusual weather for this city. They walked about 15 minutes till they reached a small café which claimed to serve home cooked meals according to the big luminous sign. Chris and Rou went to find a vacant table, whereas Rob grabbed Mary-Ann by her hand and lead her to the bar to grab some menus and make drink-orders.

20 minutes later their orders arrived and they fell on the food. Rob was first to speak and he didn’t bother to swallow, “Oi, Ann, what’s with you and ginger man?” fries falling from his mouth.

Mary-Ann was obviously taken aback by the unexpected question and she wasn’t sure what confused her much: the fact that she was asked personal question about Rory or that it was uttered by a guy. She blinked quickly a few times and answered, “Nothing, why?”

“Hm…I don’t know, maybe the fact that you wake up in his bed?” Everyone was staring at her waiting for her to betray the secret.

A sudden confrontation made Mary place her sandwich on the plate, “Who told you guys about it?” A pause, “Stupid question…I don’t wake up every single morning in his bed…” she was getting annoyed by the seconds, “It was once. I’m a sleepwalker. Did he mention that? No drama, sorry.” She finished and crossed her arms over her chest.

“Oh, and what’s your superpower?” Rob beamed.

Mary-Ann was sitting next to Rob so she leant over to him and beckoned him to move closer too. He did as he was instructed with glassy eyes.

“She is going to punch him.” Rou whispered to Chris.

“Indubitably.” Without looking at each other they shook their hands and continued to watch.

“I can make you,” Mary began whispering in Rob’s left ear, “see the stars in broad daylight.” She gave him a radiant smile. “Anyone else wants to know?” She addressed to Rou and Chris.

They shrugged, “No, we are fine.”

After a while when all 4 finished their meals Chris suggested, “To the park!”

“Yeah!” Mary squealed .

“Tell me again, why I agreed to do this?” Rou asked breathless. He was sitting with his eyes shut on the Ferris wheel. He squeezed Mary’s hand very tight so she emitted a feeble moan.

“So I can see the city in all it’s beauty,” while she was speaking she tried to release her arm from the death grip. “Hey, I can see Rob and Chris! HEY, CHRIS AND ROB!!” she shouted and waved them causing the passenger car to shake. “Oh, they bought cotton candy.”

“Mary, don’t you want to visit another our concert? I highly doubt that it would be possible without the singer..” Rou was sitting like a stone in the rock, motionless.

“Aw, Rou is afraid of heights,” she cooed.

“You knew that from the start,” he breathed out.

“I have another power. I can make you open your eyes,” Mary teased.

“I don’t belie…” Rou wasn’t able to finish his sentence as Mary placed a soft kiss on his cheek. And it worked, Rou opened his eyes and looked around, “Wo-ow.” He drawled.

Mary giggled, “See! I told you!” she gently pinched his cheek.

Their car stopped and they climbed out of it. Chris handed Mary her cotton candy and showed some tickets. “Next stop: Roller Coaster!!” He shouted.

Mary and Rou swung their heads in the direction of the shrieks.

“You want me dead tonight, don’t you?” Rou said quietly his eyes popping out.

4 hours, several hot dogs, a few rides on the Merry-go-round, gallons of tea, puppy dog eyes, promises to buy something or to do later Mary, Rob and Chris finally persuaded Rou to have a ride on the Roller Coaster.

“He’ll do it!!” Happy Mary ran to where Rob and Chris were standing.

Chris folded his arms, “And where is he now, smarty-pants?”

Mary-Ann looked around. Rou was nowhere to be seen. “Bloody bustard.”

Rob threw up his hands, “Great. And it’s already dark. He is very sneaky.”

“He can’t be too far away,” she ran off to the bushes and benches. She dialed his number and heard a melody of an old phone and a loud “Shit”. “Aw, c’mon, you’ve already agreed,” she said to him looking through the darkness.

He came out of behind a statue of giant cherry, “Will you use your powers again?” he asked with a grin.

Rob squeezed Rou from behind, “Go wherever you want after the ride, mate.” At last they went to the coaster. Mary sat in one of the cars and there was little fight between boys for the place next to her. Rob proved to be the fastest and the strongest. “Hello, little Ann!” he smiled at her. Rou and Chris sat behind them. Rou was muttering something incoherent about the death wish. Rob took Mary’s hand and shouted “Woo-hoo!” as the car started to move. Mary closed her eyes tight as they reached the highest point of the coaster and went down the windings with speed of light. Mary opened her eyes and saw nothing but the flash flood of colors before her. She listened and heard clearly cries of Rou, some “Fucks” from Chris and to the right from her giggling of Rob. The ride ended as suddenly as begun. Laughing and losing their balance the company headed to the exit from the park.

“Let’s do this again!” Rob screamed and grabbed Mary. He placed her on his shoulder and started to run back.

“HALT!” Mary shouted in his ear and he stopped. “Oh, my stomach hurts…” she placed her hand on the stomach.

“My bad.” Rob kicked a stone slightly and put his hands in the pockets of his shorts.

Chris and Rou came to them.

“What’s next?” Mary looked at the guys.

Chris scratched his head, “Sleep over and beer.”