Status: Posting if people like it...

Keep Holding On

Beautiful

Italics- dream/fast-forward

0o0o

Everything was black until I fell against the asphalt. My hand scraped on a stray rock and I tried to get up but an explosion about a foot away from me made me fly back down and pull my hands over my head for cover. I heard a fast whirring noise and I turned around toward it. "NO! I'm sorry. I am not coming back! I have to save him!"

I ran a few feet and grabbed the door of a military Jeep to steady myself and then my head snapped and looked in. A small smile went on my face and I pulled it open, grabbed a gun from the inside and pulled it out. I backed up and aimed it over my head and shot. Suddenly something huge fell on the other end of the building and another smile burst on my face. This one more prominent and happy.

I looked up at something, my view never moved so I could see what it was but I gave it a smile. "Your welcome." I turned around and ran down an alleyway then through a street filled with destroyed cars and dead people. I paused and swallowed back what was surely me about throw up from the burning bodies around me.

I finally arrived next to a tow truck and Mikaela jumped out and gave me a hug. "You are one crazy bitch, you know that?"

I nodded. "Not half as crazy as you, Mikaela. That was really brilliant that you-"

I heard a yell and I turned to the side to see Sam, plummeting from a tall building to the ground. I fell to my knees and my hand went out toward him falling. A whine escaped my throat. "SAM!" I yelled, only for darkness to take over my vision, I never got to see if he was safe.

0o0o0

My body shot up and I knew for a fact that I was breathing too hard. I slowly started to catch my breath and I laid my hands flat on my bed, then putting one up to hold my head in. "Damn…I need some air…"

I got up and pulled on my shorts that I wore to the party and I straightened out my tank top and grabbed a hoodie and pulled it on. I pulled my TOMS on and grabbed my phone and started my eleven p.m. descent outside. First slowly stepping down the stairs and then opening the very squeaky front door.

I soon was out safely and I started to walk around until I caught sight of the Camaro in the driveway. I walked over and sat down beside it and leaned on the tire. "So, Car. What gives? You talk all the time and do very un-car like things and then when I clearly talk straight forward to you…you don't answer me. I'm just interested so answer me."

It was a good two minutes until I heard the radio crackle and a response emitted through. "You…aren'-t…afraid-d-d?"

I shook my head. "No. Not really. It's very strange that my car is alive but it's also pretty cool. Why do you talk?"

"I'm…not-t…actually…a car-r.."

"What…are you then?" I asked hesitantly, turning around to face the 'car' in question. I got no response so I decided to press forward. "I won't run…or scream…" I got up and opened the driver's door and climbed in. "I am just interested. If you won't tell me…show me…please. If you want, I won't even tell Sam. Our secret."

It was quiet for a moment and then the car quietly cranked up and started to drive. It was a ten minute drive before we arrived at the overlook. It was secluded and abandon so this is normally where people go to do drugs or have sex in their cars. Perfect place to show me what he is I guess.

He stopped and opened the driver's side door and I got out. The car didn't move for a moment and then the radio crackled and spoke. Turn…around-d."

I did as I was told and I heard many noises from behind me. Metal on metal, gears turning, a few swishing sounds and finally a loud bump or maybe a loud footstep. "You-u…can-n…turn around-d…now." He said through the radio again. I would have to ask why he talk like that.

I slowly turned around and I saw a huge yellow and black robot with bright blue eyes. My mouth fell open and I instantly felt weak at my knees. I took a deep breath and walked forward to his bent over form. He was bent down on one knee, eye level to me. I finally was standing right in front of him. He looked at me with curiosity…just the same as I looked at him.

I reached a hand out, going to touch his face but he moved just out of my reach. I gave him a small smile. "What?"

"I don't-t…want you to…be afraid-d of…me-e-e."

I put my palm flat on his metallic cheek and smiled. "I'm not…afraid." He then leant into my touch and I soon let my hand fall. "Even though you probably already know, I'm Makkenna. What's your name?"

"Bumblebee…"

"Well then…atleast I know I'm not crazy. What are you doing…here."

"All will be explained-d…after I get…a little help from my friends-s."

I raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"I have to call them-m…tonight-t."

I nodded. "So do we need to get back?" He gave me a nod and I watched as he transformed back into his Camaro form. He opened the door for me and I got in and leaned back. The door shut and he began to drive off, us soon arriving at my house.

I gave the car a slight wave and walked back into the house and the up to my room where I laid down on my bed and went to sleep at peace…for some odd reason.

0o0o0

"Makkenna! Makkenna, wake up!" I opened my eyes to see Sam looming over me. "You gotta get up, NOW!"

I sat up and rubbed my eyes. "What is it?"

"Our car is being stolen!" Then I remembered. He was 'getting a little help from his friends' as Bee had quoted the Beatles during our 'meeting' earlier. Wait, I called him Bee. I'm giving him nicknames? Is that cool? Is that cool with him? I would have to think about this earlier now I need to take care of Sam.

I rolled out of bed and stood up. He gave me an odd look. I looked down to see I was wearing my jean shorts and my hoodie. "I fell asleep after a walk. Let's just go." He ran out ahead of me and grabbed his bike after yelling for Uncle Ron to call the cops.

He started to peddle up the road after our 'Camaro' and I groaned and grabbed my skateboard and ran after him. I set the board down and started to skate, soon catching up top him. He was on the phone. "My car's been stolen! I am in pursuit with my cousin. No, don't ask me question my father's the head of the neighborhood watch!"

We followed Bee into the Junk yard coming up. Sam left his bike behind an old car but I kept holding my skateboard, it was Alien Workshop and signed by Rob Dyrdek. Hell no, I am not just leaving it anywhere in a junk yard. I walked up to see Sam under a trashcan, making a video about our car being alive. I looked up and saw Bee shining a light into the sky.

Sam got up and began to walk around toward Bee but was soon intercepted but two dogs. I climbed up on a stack boxes and watched as they chased Sam around a building and into a garage. I jumped down and walked around and watched as Bee drove through and scared the dogs away only to drive away as the cops drove up. I jumped back and hid behind the wall, my breathing going fast as I gripped my skateboard tighter.

"Put your head on the hood." I finally heard the cop say, speaking up. I heard a loud thud and the car door opening and closing. Then driving away.

I took a deep breath and slid down the wall. "What am I gonna do?" I sighed out. I suddenly heard loud footsteps and I looked up and saw Bee bending down to me. I gave him a smile. "Real smooth, you know that Bee? Thanks though."

"For…what-t?"

"Saving my cousin. With the dogs." He pointed a finger at me and I grabbed it, he lifted me up to my feet and I patted his cheek. "Bee. It okay if I call you Bee?"

"Sure…beautiful."

I felt my face heat up and I looked down at me feet. "Is that my nickname or a compliment that is totally untrue?"

"Nickname…and even-n so…I call em'…like I see em'. You are…beautiful….and-d don't-t…let anyone tell you-u different-t." My face got hotter but I didn't hide it. I just gave him a huge smile and a nod. He transformed down to his Camaro form and opened the driver's side door. "Hop in-n…I should get-t you home…"

I got in and threw my skateboard in the backseat. I smiled and leaned down to the steering wheel and kissed the strange symbol in the middle of it. The whole car shivered a little and the whole inside suddenly grew very warm. I smirked. "Thanks…Bee." I whispered as I leaned back and closed my eyes.

"Your-r welcome…beautiful." I heard him say before I dozed off.

0o0o0

I leaned against my Uncle as we stood in the police department's interrogation area. We had been here all night with these idiots trying to get them to release Sam but to no avail. Sam was sitting in a wooden chair as he ran his hands through his hair. At the moment we were all getting frustrated at the detective who was three hours late in coming to speak with us.

My head rose up as the door opened and he finally walked in. He quickly cut to the chase and bent down right in Sam's face. "You said something about your car? Something that the FBI fount important enough for me to hear. What was it?

"It stood up." Sam said simply.

"Just stood up? Wow. That's really neat. Okay, Chiefy. Time to fill it up and no drippy drippy." He handed Sam a Kleenex and a small plastic container. Sam just stared. "What are you rolling? Whippets? Goofballs? A little wowie sauce with the boys?"

Sam shook his head. "No. no, no. I'm not on any drugs."

Someone pulled out a familiar bottle of pills and threw them at the Detective. Then…what are these? Found them in your pocket. Mojo. Is that what the kids are doing now? A little bit of Mojo?"

I laughed out loud. "Are you a dumbass? It says Clay Hill Animal Clinic on the bottle! It's dog medicine!"

Sam nodded. "They are my dog's pain pills. She's right."

The detective looked over at Uncle Ron for a confirmation and he nodded. "A little Chihuahua."

The detective rubbed his face and bent down but paused. He pulled his jacket open, looked at Sam and pointed in his jacket. "What was that?" He question with a smile.

"Hm?" Sam asked, raising his eyebrows up.

"You eyeballin' my piece, Fifty Cent?" He bent down into Sam's face again. "You wanna go? Make something happen. Do it. Because I promise you, I will bust you up."

Sam moved his head a little out of the detective's personal space and scrunched his nose up. "Are you on drugs?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please! Love you if you do!