True Love

M.I.L.F

"Shut the fuck up." Brian demanded, "Mia fucking Winters is your new neighbor?" he grabbed another warm tortilla chip, digging it into the seven layer dip before shoveling it into his mouth.

"What a fucking bomb." Johnny mumbled grabbing a beer from the cooler, "that's the last fucking thing I expected."

"It gets better." Matt grumbled as he pulled the steaks from the Tupperware container full of marinade, laying them on a plate preparing to take them out to the grill.

"She still hot?" Brian asked, letting out a loud belch as Michelle rolled her eyes.

"Not that I thought it was possible," Matt began as he washed his hands, "but she’s even hotter now..." Brian and Johnny smiled devilishly as they exchanged glances.

"Wait..." Aaron began, interrupting the boys, "didn't the lady say your neighbor has kids?" Matt nodded, letting out a loud sigh. He had almost hoped no one would remember, not that they wouldn't find out later...he just didn't feel like listening to Val rage about it.

Matt suddenly glanced up taking note of the silence that had rapidly taken over the kitchen, Brian and Johnny both stared in awe, before Brian began to smile again. Wider this time, if that were even possible.

"Is she a total fuckin' M.I.L.F?" Matt couldn't help but laugh, that had went lot better than he had figured. He thought for a moment, but he couldn't lie.

"Hell yeah, dude."

"Do you pigs forget you're married?" Val hissed as she pulled the container of macaroni salad from the fridge.

"No." Matt, Brian and Johnny almost chorused in unison.

"No, what?" Zack asked, catching them all off guard as he walked into the kitchen, but what he had with him, shocked them all.

He had a tall bleach blonde girl trailing behind him, she had to be at least four inches taller than him. She had deep brown eyes and lips that had clearly seen one too many botox injections, she was wearing bright purple high top Nike's and daisy-dukes which she so gracefully topped off with a black cutoff DMX shirt.

"No..." Brian began awkwardly, glancing between all of his friends, "potato salad is not better than macaroni salad?" he finished awkwardly. Zack raised an eyebrow, brushing the statement off.

"Whatever, everybody this is Jolie, Jolie this is everyone..." she waved and offered a high pitched 'hi'.

Matt glanced over at Val, panic in their eyes. As if this wasn't already going to be enough of a side show, it had just become a full blown fucking circus.

Image


"I tell you..." Mia stepped out of the bathroom at the sound of her mother’s voice, her large barrel curling wand still wrapped with a section of her long brunette hair, "being wonderful with design runs in the family, these two did a fabulous job on their rooms!"

Emma and Mackenzie walked in collapsing onto Mia's bed.

"You two," Mia started, the girls looking at her lacking any energy at all, "go change," groaning in unison the girls rolled off the beds, "and please wear something cute..." sulking their way out of the room Mia unplugged her curling iron, before walking into the massive walk-in closet.

Her mother followed close behind.

"I can't believe you're actually doing this..." she hissed, her eyes piercing into Mia. It was amazing really, Mia was thirty years old, and her mother could still make her feel two inches tall, "what are you going to do if that...that heathen is there?"

"Heathen?" Mia snapped, "You mean their biological father?" Madeline shamefully shushed her daughter.

"Be quiet, God forbid they hear you!" Mia rolled her eyes.

"Yes mother, God forbid. You think I'm not freaking out? Because I am!" Madeline narrowed her eyes at Mia, flipping a section of her almost black hair behind her shoulder.

"Well Zachary is one of the greatest mistakes you've ever made. He’s already destroyed your life. I won't let him do the same for my granddaughters. They have a wonderful father in Chance."

Mia looked at her mother, she was seething. Fire burning in her big blue eyes.

"He did not ruin my life, the girls are the greatest thing to ever happen to me."

"Oh Mia, stop. I never said they weren't, I said their father was your greatest mistake." Mia rolled her eyes letting out a huff as she pulled her shirt over her head.

"Just shu-" but Mia stopped when she heard footsteps.

"Oh, mom!" Mackenzie walked into the closet taking a seat on the carpeted floor, she was wearing black leggings, a coral colored v-neck t-shirt, and a denim jacket, she finished off her look with light grey converse that was covered in white polka dots and her hair was straightened cascading around her face and shoulders, "You look hot," Mia glanced at her reflection in the full-length mirror, she was wearing dark was skinny jeans and a black structred peplum top that clung to her making her large chest even more prominent, the cami flared just after her bust "pick me out a pair of heels?" Mia asked Mackenzie smiled as she began to scan over the elaborate shoe cubbyholes Mia had installed on one of the closet's walls.

"These," Kenzie stated proudly, holding up a pair of black leather peep-toe Christian Louboutin heels
that was covered in gold pointed spikes, Mia took them, slipping them on, "you look fierce mom..."

"You think?" Mia asked as Emma walked in, she smiled at her mother. Emma was wearing a bright pink sundress, and she too was wearing a jean jacket, she had finished off her look with black sandals.

"Moo-m," Emma hummed like a cat-call, a smile taking over her face as she collapsed next to Mackenzie on the floor, "knockout!" Mia brushed her hand through her bangs as she glanced in the mirror one last time.

"Alright girls," Mia said firmly, "tell grandma goodbye, we need to get next door..."

Image


"I'm fucking starving," Zack groaned pulling another slice of cucumber off the veggie tray, unsatisfied, he shrugged shoving it into his mouth before he began to chew loudly. Jolie stroked at his cheek before falling into his lap. Val rolled her eyes as she ran the two wooden spoons through the salad, tossing it yet again.

"We're just expecting a few more people, it won’t be long okay? Chill..."

"So tell us about yourself, Jolie..." Brian began, he wasn't even trying to hide his enormous grin which told everyone he was going to be a complete and total ass. Jolie however, didn't catch on. Instead she smiled widely, still playing with Zack's hair she took a deep, excited breath.

"Well I'm a dancer!" she stopped for a moment, "An exotic dancer, I work for Rachel's-"

"That full nudity club in Burbank?" Johnny asked quickly, not giving her a chance to continue. Her head nodded insanely fast, she almost seemed proud.

"Classy..." Michelle mumbled loudly from behind her wine glass.

But suddenly the doorbell rang its chimes bounding loudly throughout the entire house, Val's eyes went wide, a knowing and devilish smile finding its way to Johnny's face.

"I'll get it!" He bounded excitedly.

"Sit!" Val's voice cut through the room, Johnny's eyes went wide, "I've got it..." Val said a strange calm washed its way over her voice. Everyone listened, Zack in curiosity, while everyone else listened in anticipative wonder.

Val pulled the door open, revealing Mia, her girls both hanging curiously at her sides.

"Hi..." Mia mumbled softly, "I bought this for you, I don't know if it’s still your favorite-" she mumbled holding out the bottle of Chateau Margaux 1995, the wine they use to steal from Mia's mother's cellar. Val felt the hardened look on her face soften as she held the bottle, she smiled.

"It’s still my favorite," Val mumbled softly, tucking a strand on her blond hair behind her ear, "and the best part is I can afford it on my own now, I won't steal your moms," Val said, offering a cheeky smile at Mia before they both started laughing softly, "I was a total bitch earlier..."

"I deserved it..." Mia said softly before holding up a bottle of Jack Daniel's, "and this, well this is for Matt, I didn't figure he had changed one bit..."

"Come in," Val said sweetly, stepping aside. She wasn't sure what it was, but it felt good to see Mia, she had had some time to think, she had remembered so many good times, which had far outweighed any bad. And most of all...it felt good to have her back, her gesture...well it meant Mia hadn't forgotten those good times either. She was still angry...but it was an anger that could be healed.

"Thanks..." Mia mumbled. The girls trailed behind her.

"I didn't really meet you guys earlier..." Val said, speaking to Kenzie and Emma, "and I apologize in advance, but I already know I'm going to get you two confused." the girls smiled.

"That's okay, it happens all the time." Kenzie spoke honestly, before holding her hand out to Val, "I'm Mackenzie, but everyone calls me Kenzie," Val shook her hand, and then extended her arm to Emma who did the same.

"And I'm Emma, the trick to tell us apart? I have the curly hair, and Kenz has the straight hair..." she said. Val nodded.

"I'll have to remember that!" Mia shook her head.

"That's your trick for tonight, trust me, they switch it up." Val took a deep breath, "it’s okay, trust me. I gave birth to them and I still have my moments where they totally throw me for a loop. Val laughed, that made her feel a little better.

"Everyone's in the kitchen, come on in..." Val spoke. Mia hung at her side, following her through the house. Val walked through the archway, everyone was intertwined in some sort of conversation, but she cleared her throat.

It wasn't long before eyes began to fall on them, all of them inevitably becoming wide with wonder and shock.

But Mia suddenly felt her stomach sink, as her heart seemed to simultaneously jump up into her throat, "Guys..." Val spoke, her voice full of confidence, something Mia knew she wouldn't hardly be able to accomplish at this moment, "most of you remember Mia," Mia smiled softly, gripping hard onto Val's hand, Val gave her a reassuring squeeze, "Mia this is Johnny's fiancé Lacey, this is Arin, and this is Zack's friend Jolie,"

Mia took a deep breath, willing herself to look up. But when she did what she saw...well it broke her heart.

Zack was staring back at her, his eyes wide. He was chewing on his lip and best yet, he had pushed the girl who had been firmly planted on his lap off, and she looked pissed.

"And these," Val said as she let go of Mia, wrapping on arm around each girl, "well...these are Mia's daughters, Emma and Mackenzie...aren't they beautiful?" Val asked, her smile suddenly beaming.

Mia watched as all the color drained from Zack.
He was liquid paper white.

He grabbed his head before suddenly falling back into his chair.

Val quickly grabbed at each of the girls, "Let's go see Matt! He’s got the dogs out back!" and without a word from either of the girls, she drug them through the sliding glass doors.

"Baby!" Jolie screamed dramatically, falling to her knees as she began to shake at Zack, "Are you okay?"

"Maybe you should go get him a band-aid..." Michelle mumbled sarcastically, Jolie's eyes quickly went wide as she nodded furiously.

"Where are they?" she screamed, hopping up.

"Upstairs bathroom, second drawer on your right..." and with that Jolie rushed off, she sounded like a horse as she ran up the stairs.

"I don't need a fucking band-aid!" Zack hissed at Michelle.

"It’s not for you. Its for that bruised ego..."

"Fuck you, Michelle," Zack seethed, lifting his shaking body from the chair, he grabbed his cigarettes from his pocket as his heavy footsteps made their way across the room. He didn't even look at Mia as he passed.

Mia closed her eyes, taking a deep breath.

"I should go see if he's okay-" Johnny started, but Mia opened her eyes biting at her pink lips.

"No...I'll go after him..." swallowing hard she turned, following after him, "Zack!" Mia called, each step she took becoming a little bigger, "Zack!" She called once more bounding out the front door. She stopped, scanning the street, no one. But she stopped, she could hear someone inhaling deeply.

She looked to her right, her eyes were met with piercing green ones.

Her heart stopped.

She scanned him over.

He stood with one hand shoved in his pocket, the other holding the cigarette.
His lips pursed.
His jeans hung at his hips while his button-up shirt revealed his chest tattoo.

He was even better looking than he was 13 years ago.

She had dreamed about this moment for the past thirteen years, here he was. The father of her children was standing in front of her and she was completely lost for words...
♠ ♠ ♠
Visuals: Mia, Emma, and Kenzie

Sorry, this took so long guys.
I do, however, hope you liked it.
I should have the next one out fairly soon.
In the mean time comment & subscribe?

Thanks so much for reading!