True Love

Surprise.

Mia parked the black BMW in the garage after putting her SUV out in the driveway. It was just after six a.m., and Mia knew her father would be there any time to take the girls for their surf lessons.

Zack had ended up staying the night, they had fallen asleep and ended up sneaking upstairs just after midnight.

But the girls could never know Zack was there.

Zack was awake and waiting upstairs in her room. That's why Mia was hiding his car in the garage, if they never saw his car, they would never know any different, and honestly, Mia wasn't even sure what in the hell she was doing right at this moment, but she knew either way, it was wrong. She wasn't sure what to do, but she did know someone was going to get hurt she just knew it couldn't be her girls.

Mia walked into the house just in time to catch the girls coming down the stairs.

Mackenzie began to rummage through the fridge.

"Grandpa told me to make sure you guys don't eat, he's taking you to breakfast before your lesson..."

The girls both narrowed their eyes at Mia. They were about as far from being morning people as a person could get, they had gotten that from both herself and Zack. But Mia heard the front door open, "Hello!" Her father’s voice rang through the house.

"Kitchen!" Mia called, tightening the string holding her silk robe tied.

"Good morning ladies!" Gavin piped excitedly as he walked into the kitchen placing a kiss on Mia's forehead. But Mia smiled, noticing her father was wearing board shorts and some off the wall t-shirt, "Nice morning for a surf lesson, don't you think?" he asked, smiling. But the girls just stared at him not enthused.

"girls go get your stuff, you don't want to be late." the girls slicked out of the room painstakingly slow.

Mia laughed as she poured herself a glass of apple juice.

"You're taking surf lessons?" Mia asked, one eyebrow raised.

"Well yeah," he said, his smile wide, "if I'm going to buy a place here, then I need to learn to surf don't you think?" Mia's eyes went wide as she nearly choked on her juice.

"Oh my God, dad," Mia spoke quietly, "you're moving here?" he just nodded.

"I don't trust your mother to help you take care of the girls, and I'm getting a little older now..." he spoke, "I want to be near you guys so I'm relocating part of the office here..." Mia smiled before walking over, taking her dad into a hug before mumbling a hushed 'thank you'. "Besides," his voice was quiet, "I talked to your mother, and it sounds like things are about to pick up here..."

"I don't know where she gets these ideas..." Mia said confidently, but he just stared at her.

"Mia Francesca Winters," she knew he meant business, "you didn't lie to me as a teenager so don't even think that it’s okay now..." Mia's eyes softened, "he's upstairs...isn't he?" Mia bit at her lip, "You smell like cologne..." he stated simply. Mia managed a shame-filled nod.

"Am I a bad person?" Mia asked, trying her very best not to cry but Gavin didn't even hesitate.

"No, you're a wonderful person. A wonderful person who's demons chased her away. I know you still love him..." Mia was quiet, she was just so...shocked and disgusted with herself.

She wasn't quite sure how something so wrong, could still manage to feel so right.

"How about..." Gavin started, "I hold off on moving Chance's job here? Just a little while," Mia let out a deep breath.

"You would do that?" he just nodded, "Thank you..." she mumbled, letting him pull her into a big hug.

But Mia heard the girls, "ready?" Emma asked, leaning against the wall.

"Be safe guys..." Mia chorused as they walked through the living room. Both girls gave Mia a kiss and ran for her father’s rental car, "you too..." Mia mumbled as her father just nodded. Mia watched as they all got into the car, and as they backed out of the driveway.

She shut the door, resting her back against it. She closed her eyes, taking a deep breath.

But she suddenly felt two hands resting firmly on her hips.

She opened her eyes, his stare was piercing. She melted into his green eyes. She felt him tug at the string on her robe, letting it softly flutter open, he took a moment, looking over her nearly exposed body, "absolutely perfect..." Zack mumbled before pulling Mia in close kissing her softly.

Image


Zack walked confidently into the studio.

He hadn't ever remembered feeling this good.
Ever.

"Whoa..." Brian took instant notice to the smile on Zack's face and his reaction instantly drew everyone attention, "wait..." Brian said, narrowing his glare, "I know that look..."

"What?" Zack asked, his smile becoming even wider, "I can't just be happy?"

"Nah, Syn's right..." Matt chimed, leaning forward, "you got happy twice..." Zack just shook his head, "three times?" but Zack rolled his eyes before holding up four fingers.

"Ew," Johnny grimaced, "I can't believe you went back to that bitch," but Zack cocked an eyebrow.

"Don't you dare talk about her like that!" Zack hissed, but Johnny held up his hands.

"What? Aren't you the one that called her sausage jockey for like six months after you broke up?" but suddenly it hit Zack, he let out a sigh.

"I'm not talking about Gena..." Zack started. But they heard Brian and Matt laugh.

"Sausage jockey, that one's a classic!" he whooped, but Val winged a magazine at Brian before standing up.

"Please tell me you're not talking about Mia!" Val was almost pleading with him, but the room fell into an awkward silence as everyone stared wide-eyed at the man, "Zack!" Val hissed but he just shrugged his shoulders, his smile finally fading.

"Yeah, it was Mia. And don't expect me to apologize, because I'm not sorry-"

"You're supposed to act like an adult, not a hormone raged teenager. Your thirty-one years old you are too old to act like some horndog. Control yourself, she has a boyfriend."

"I know I'm not exactly the most reliable source as far as being a moral compass-" Brian began, "but dude what you did was wrong..."

"Zack you have a lot riding on this-" Michelle began, but that was all it took, they had taken a pin to his balloon.

What the fuck was he thinking?

"Look," he said confidently, "I'm going to go see her tonight after we get out of here-"

Image


"I'm so glad your home," Mia said, pouring the steaming tea kettle water into two big mugs before letting her sister pick out a tea bag, which she grabbed one for herself, "how was Arizona?" she asked before the two walked back into the living room.

"Miserable," Reese chimed before they sunk into the couch, "don't get me wrong, I love Jason's family-" she said before sipping at her tea, "but twenty-four hours is about as much of his mother as I can handle..." Mia smiled.

The two had sunk down into the couches and covered up with blankets, they no doubt had one of their long talks ahead of them, this above all else was what Mia missed most about being away. Having her older sister for advice.

"How's his dad doing?" Reese sat her teacup on the coffee table before pulling her legs up onto the couch.

"For having a stroke less than two weeks ago? He’s doing great..." she ran her hands through her wavy brunette hair before staring at Mia, who she could tell was seriously distraught, "what's going on with you?" Mia just shrugged her shoulders before taking a sip of her tea. But Mia bit at her lip.

"I had sex with Zack last night..." she wasn't sure where it came from, but it just...came out. It was like word vomit, there was just no stopping it. Reese smiled before nodding softly.

Mia knew Reese wouldn't judge her. She wouldn't scold her, or degrade her either, Reese had been in a similar situation years back when choosing between the Italian billionaire her mother had set her up with, or Jason. Reese had chosen Jason, much to her mother’s dismay and though it had been five years, Madeline still wasn't so fond of Jason.

"Good for you," Reese said, her smile wide, "how was it?" Mia let out a low giggle before carefully thinking over her response.

"I hate to sound like some lame ass," Mia piqued, "but it was the first time in what? Fourteen years sex was more than just-" she hesitated.

"an orgasm?" Reese finished casually, but Mia just bit at her lip nodding carefully.

"I guess-" Mia started, "I guess I just...forgot what kind of chemistry we had, I always thought it would go away-"

But the doorbell chimed through the house, "you expecting someone?" Reese asked as Sheldon tore through the house barking, Mia raised a brow glancing at the clock, it wasn't even five yet so it couldn't have possibly been her dad with the girls, tossing her blanket aside the walked to the door,
grabbing the door she pulled it open.

But she swore in that moment that her heart had stopped.

"Hey, baby girl!" Chance chimed excitedly as he pushed his Ray-Bans to the top of his head as he picked Mia up and spun her around, he sat her down, but she was still in shock.

"Surprised?" he asked excitedly before he placed a kiss on her cheek then picked up his bag along with a bag of groceries off the porch as he walked in past Mia, greeting Reese with a wave and a hug.

"I wouldn't have been more surprised to wake up with my head nailed to the carpet-" she mumbled before shutting the door.

"So, you look great Chance..." Reese mumbled, "how long are you here for?" she asked, Mia silently thanked her for asking the only question on her mind right now.

"Two days," he mumbled before walking over taking Mia into his arms. Placing a trail of kisses up her neck, "I have a meeting Monday afternoon but I just missed my girls so much..."

"Mmm..." Mia smiled, "we missed you too baby."

"You hungry Reese?" Chance asked before releasing Mia, grabbing his bag of groceries heading to the kitchen.

"Starving..." she mumbled, figuring she would stay and help her sister.

Mia and Reese stood in the doorway to the kitchen watching as Chance put on Mia's apron and he went straight to digging through the cabinets for pots and pans, "you're such a lucky bitch..." Reese mumbled, "he looks so hot, even if that thing is pink..."

Having Chance here awoke something in her.
It reminded her why she loved him.

She had never expected things could get this complicated.

Now what was she supposed to do?
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is (kind of) a filler chapter.
But I'm a big lame ass.
I'm home sick with a nasty case of bronchitis and the race doesn't start until 10:30.
And besides I wanted to thank you guys, twenty new subscribers since the last chapter?
You're amazing!
Thanks so much for reading!
Comment & Subscribe?

Also, the Visual.