Status: Short Story

Clocks, Gears, and a Little Bit of Insanity

The Past

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat: Do you know why I turned into a human for you Alice?

Alice shakes her head, puzzled.

The Cheshire cat laughs. Cheshire Cat: It’s because I love you.

Alice blushes and starts looking everywhere but at him.

Cheshire Cat: What’s wrong Alice?

Alice: I love you too. I have ever since I first met you.

The Cheshire cat’s eyes widen. Cheshire Cat: Even when I was a cat?

Alice giggles. Alice: Even then silly. You made me smile whenever I was with you and when I was by myself I entertained myself by thinking you were still by my side.

The Cheshire cat blushes. Cheshire Cat: Do you really mean that Alice?

Alice nods. The Cheshire cat leans into Alice and kisses her lips. They brush against hers and she likes the way his lips feel against hers. Alice knows then that she can’t live without him.

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum

Tweedle Dee: Alice do you want to play with us?

Alice looks at the twins and smiles. Alice: “Sure what would you boys like to play today?”

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum: Hide and seek!

Alice laughs. Alice: You guys always want to play hide and seek.

Tweedle Dum smiles. Tweedle Dum: We like playing that game with you Alice. It’s fun.

Alice smiles, she likes making them happy. They’re such sweet boys. Alice turns around and puts her hands on her eyes. Alice: One, two, three… The twins run off their feet kicking up dirt. Alice makes it to thirty and then starts to look for the twins. Alice: I’m going to find yoouu!! Alice giggles and starts searching.

The Caterpillar

Alice: Why are you always so cryptic caterpillar?

Caterpillar: Does it bother you?

Alice shrugs. Alice: It’s just confusing and a bit annoying.

The caterpillar laughs. Caterpillar: So it does bother you.

Alice: I suppose so. I mean why don’t you just tell me how it is instead of talking in riddles?

Caterpillar: Life’s dull if you make everything straight forward. Isn’t it more interesting finding things out for yourself?

Alice frowns. Alice: Yeah if you say so. But it makes life a lot more complicated too.

The caterpillar laughs. Caterpillar: I like when things are complicated.

Alice: You would.

Caterpillar: Think about it this way. If everyone told you how things were would you be happier? What if your parents always told you the answers to your problems instead of letting you figure it out for yourself?

Alice: That would take all the fun out of life.

Caterpillar: Now you see what I mean?

Alice nods.
♠ ♠ ♠
New chapter! :D:D:D