Is This Our Fate?

Blushing

I hand him his coffee and smile.

"Thank you, Gorgeous." He says before smiling.

"No problem." I say as I begin to blush.

He smiles one last time before walking away and out the door. Vivian walks towards me and smirks.

"That was Johnny!" She says.

"Your point?" I ask, trying to avoid the conversation.

"He made you blush! I haven't seen you blush like that since....well, since you know, Anthony." Her voice lowers when she says Anthony.

"Just drop it. Please?"

"I'll drop Anthony.. But not Johnny. You totally blushed."

"Yeah, so what?"

"So what? Avery! Johnny Christ just came in here and made you blush. What the hell do you mean 'so what'?"

"Viv, it's Johnny Christ.. from like, Avenged Sevenfold. He can make anyone blush."

"Stop acting like your heart didn't melt in your chest! You know you're like madly in love with him."

I smile, because it did. My heart began to beat faster and when the word 'gorgeous' came from his lips, the butterflies in my belly went wild.

"Okay." I laugh. I walk away and start wiping down tables.

It was a nice day in Huntington, about 87 degrees out. That meant the coffee shop wasn't very busy. I walked over to the door and propped it open so the breeze would find its way into the coffee shop. Vivian turned on some music and we danced around for a while before our next costumer came in. She ordered her coffee and Viv served her. She thanked Viv, smiled and left as our boss, Thomas walked in.

"Good afternoon, Girls." He greeted us.

"Hey." Viv and I chimed together.

"You girls can go home early today. We aren't busy and it's a beautiful day out, go to the beach. Go do something fun!"

"Seriously?" I ask, smiling cheek to cheek.

He nods. "Yeah. But tomorrow, you two need to be here thirty minutes before opening to train the newbies."

"Newbies?" Viv asks.

"Yes. I hired a girl names Alexia and two guys." He informs us.

"Okay. We'll be here." I say.

"You better be. Go! Have a good rest of your day!" He smiles.

Viv and I walk to the backroom and grab our belongings and leave. We walk down the street to our small two bedroom apartment. Viv plops down onto the couch and turns the TV on. She flips through the channels until finding something interesting and stop. I walk to my room and throw my stuff on my messy, unmade bed before heading towards the bathroom for a quick shower. Once I'm out, I hear Viv on the phone. I go to get dressed. I put on a black tank top and a pair of white shorts before walking out to the living room to find Viv still on the phone.

When she hangs up, I ask whats going on.

"Nothing." She says. "But I've gotta go to my Moms, you want to come real quick?"

I nod, run to my room, get the car keys, my purse and slide into my flip-flops before going back to the living room. I walk out the door and close it, locking it behind me and to the car. Viv is already waiting by the passenger side.

"I'm driving?" I ask.

"If you don't want to, I will.." She tells me.

"No, it's fine. I can. But we;re gonna stop and see Danny after Momma Fraser, then, k?"

She nods, agreeing.

Once we leave her Moms, I take my phone out, dial Dannys number and wait until he answers.

"Hello?"

"Hey, are you busy?"

"No. Not at all, why?"

"Viv and I are stopping by."

"Okay."

I hang up and speed down the street. Turning left, right, right again and left before pulling up in front of Danny's house. Viv and I get out of the car and walk up to the door, knock once and walk in.

"Hey Broski." I smile.

"Sup?" He asks. "Hey Viv."

"Let's go eat!" I say.

"Where?"

"I don't know. I'm just fuckin' hungry. Let's go?"

"Okay. I know a place."

Once we were done eating, we dropped Danny off and drove home.