Status: Starts Episode 1 of Season 3

Can't Believe

One

Jenna, Mia, and Blaine Anderson sat on one side of a table, facing a silent Kurt Hummel. Jenna cleared her throat, picking at non-existent dust on her white skirt. Mia took a sip of chamomile tea, glancing awkwardly around the room. Kurt took a sip of his coffee as Blaine stared at him.

"....You're quiet..."

Blaine's voice snapped the twins eyes to Kurt.

"No, I'm being passive aggressive. You promised that by the first day of school you'd have made a collective decision. Yet here you are, all cute as ever but still in your Dalton Uniforms!" As if to confirm his statement, Kurt tugged on the sleeve of Mia's black and white School Jacket, which covered more than half the white skirt. The only Flare of personality that Mia had added to it were the shin high converse she was wearing over the white knee high socks on her feet.

Although Jenna had most of the same outfit, her shoes were a pair of shiny, black, low heels.

"We can't just bail on Dalton!" Blaine protested gently. "You know that they're our friends!"

"Okay, alright! Fine, one more sales pitch and then we can talk about making over Nancy Grace." Kurt promised. Jenna and Mia gave each other a look; the flirting had begun. They both got up, unnoticed, and walked back to school, talking over Kurt's request to go to McKinley.

That night, the Anderson's got together and made a group decision.

The next day, Jenna, Blaine and Mia all stood at the top of the stairs of the WMHS Student Quad. Music played in the background. Mia fixed her glasses as she half skipped half jumped down the stairs as she, her twin and her cousin sang to "It's Not Unusual." When the Anderson's sang together, it was an odd combination of voices that meshed together perfectly.

At the end of the song, Santana and her cheerleaders set fire to the purple piano that was one of three around the school. The next few days until the next Glee meeting, the Anderson's first.

"Everyone welcome the Anderson's to glee club!" Mr. Schue announced.

"Thank you!" Blaine stepped up. "We're really excited to be here! It's gonna be a great year! We're all gonna go to Nationals!"

Scattered clapping went around. Mr. Schue looked at everyone. Mia rolled her eyes. Jenna pulled a mini Tootsie Pop out of her purse, unwrapped it, and stuck it in her mouth.

"Is there a problem, guys?"

"I just went them to know that we're not the Warblers." Finn sighed. "We're not all whistles and bells and ball hogging."

"That-that's really strange!" Mia stepped forward and planted herself in the empty seat next to Artie, glaring lightly at Finn. "Because no offence, but I'm pretty sure I remember Kurt saying you and your girlfriend were the only ones that usually got solos. You sing great, but it's the diversity that actually counts."

"Right," Jenna sat in the empty seat next to Puckerman, crossing her arms. "And we didn't even go to Sectionals last year because one of our members was sick. We had more than enough to compete, but not everyone was there so we all refused to sing. How is that ball hogging in your book, Hudson?"

"And we're not the Warblers!" They finished together. Blaine took the last remaining seat, next to Kurt.

"Did I do something wrong?" He demanded. Finn turned to glare at him.

"Yeah! You set a bonfire in our courtyard!"

"Actually Doorknob, that was an act of political protest." Santana corrected.

"Which brings us to my next point. Santana, you need to leave." Mr. Schue cut in. "It was you and the Cheerios! who set fire to our piano. How could you do that?!"

"Mr. Schue! Sue made me."

"Brittany didn't do it."

"Yeah, I was gonna help but I'm a water sign, so..." Brittany shrugged.

"Don't come back until you can be as loyal to this club as the rest of this people in this room." Mr. Schue sighed. He held his hand towards the door. Santana got up and stormed out.

"You know what," Mercedes held her head up. "Good for you, Mr. Schue. It's about time we got some alliance up in here."

"I've said it before and I'll say it again! To win Nationals we need to be united. Rachel, you had an announcement?"

"Yes!" The tiny brunette stood up. "After pushing the envelope this year, I strongly believe that we should, shall we say, secure the rights for a less controversial show for our school musical. Wait for it....West Side Story!"

"Is that the one with the cats?"

Jenna chuckled and leaned forward, handing Brittany a sucker, whispering the plot of the musical to her as she did.

"And, it just so happens that it has a leading role that showcases my talent and essence perfectly: Maria." Rachel continued as though she hadn't been interrupted.

"For which there will be open auditions, right? Because Mercedes is feeling extremely pretty this year." Mercedes grinned.

"I agree." Mia raised her hand. "Its only fair to have open auditions."

Mr. Schue smiled, then nodded to Kurt.

"Kurt had something, too."

"Kurt Hummel is wading into McKinley High's shark infested political waters and running for senior class president. I thank you in advance for your votes."

"So much excitement! On to rehearsing."

"Look at what they did to us, Mr. Schue!" Tina sighed. "Just like the pianos, they ripped our guts out, threw crap all over us, and burned us up."

"Yeah, we got hit pretty hard. But-" Mr. Schue played a few notes on one of the pianos. "These pianos are still making music. And so are we."

Jenna leaned over to Rachel, who nodded in response to what had been said.

"Mr. Schue, as always, you and I are on the exact same page. Jenna, if you would?"

Jenna nodded, took a seat at the center piano and started playing a song the Mia recognized instantly. She stood and joined Rachel next to her twin. Rachel started singing, and eventually, Mia joined in, their voices meshing near perfectly, the sound of "You Can't Stop the Beat" leaving their lips.

By the end of the day, the entire club had learned the song and they performed it in the Auditorium after school, for Mr. Schue.

"YEAH!" Finn shouted when they were finished. Everyone was exclaiming their rejoice, dancing around the stage to the music in their hearts.
♠ ♠ ♠
Performances this chapter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1ReVo1AbJI