Status: This is for the Mibba user, Gary oak. Enjoy.

A Boy’s First Love

Vermillion City

Ash and Gary made it to Vermillion City with little to no problems. It was a large city with a harbor that housed several ships. Both Ash and Gary were impressed by its size. It was by far the biggest place they had been in. Before stopping at the gym for a battle, the two trainers went to a house that had a club specifically for talking about Pokemon. It was called the Pokemon Fan Club.

A girl gushed and went on about her Wigglytuff. She was petting its head and the Pokemon appeared to be eating up the praise the girl was giving it. Another trainer, one with a Farfetch’d couldn’t stop talking about how strong and awesome his Pokemon was.

The Pokemon Fan Club appeared at first glance to be a bunch of snotty trainers who thought their Pokemon were better than anyone else’s. However, this wasn’t so. The trainers had worked hard to train their Pokemon and their bragging was only a result of how much they had struggled. They were trainers who had worked their butts off and never gave up, even when the entire world told them they couldn’t succeed. So many of them had been told they were horrible trainers, but they only strived harder to be successful.

Gary and Ash could relate, because even though they weren’t at the same level of dedication as these trainers, they knew the struggles that came with being a good Pokemon trainer.

The two of them talked to the trainers for a while, getting their view points on how hard it was to be a successful Pokemon trainer. They ended up spending most of the entire day there and when the sun began to go down, they left, smiling. Tomorrow would be the day they challenged the Vermillion City gym leader.

Little did both boys know how difficult winning this next badge would be, several Pokemon trainers had their Pokemon admitted into the emergency room because they had been defeated so severely. They had all fallen victim to the gym leader’s strongest Pokemon. A Pokemon that dealt with its challengers so harshly and roughly that no one could possibly win against it.

Even Ash and Gary would struggle with this next battle, because try as they might their Pokemon wouldn’t be nearly strong enough to win. They would have to rethink their current strategies and try again, for the gym leader was one not easily messed with. He would wipe the floor with them if they weren’t careful. He really was strong and most trainers considered him to be the toughest gym leader they had faced so far. Ash and Gary didn’t know what they were getting themselves into.
♠ ♠ ♠
New chapter! :)