Status: This is for the Mibba user, Gary oak. Enjoy.

A Boy’s First Love

Lt. Surge, the Electrifying Gym Leader

When Ash and Gary walked into the Vermillion City gym a gigantic man with blonde hair walked up to them. He smirked and said, “Oh look here. A couple of babies want to challenge me?”

“Who are you calling a baby, you!” Gary snarled.

Ash wasn’t happy either about being called that but he wasn’t screaming at the gym leader. “Gary calm down,” Ash said letting out a deep sigh.

“He’s asking for it Ash!” Gary remarked curtly.

Ash gulped, Gary was really mad.

“You and I are fighting now,” Gary spat out at the gym leader.

This caused the large man to laugh. It sounded like a low chuckle. “Fine, what’s your name?” He asked.

“Gary Oak,” he snapped.

The gym leader nodded, “I’m Lt. Surge and little boy I’m your worst nightmare.”

Gary gritted his teeth and responded, “Just throw out your first Pokemon!”

“Alright, this battle will consist of three Pokemon,” Lt. Surge said.

Gary nodded and threw out a Pokeball. Out popped a purple butterfly Pokemon.
“I wonder what that Pokemon is,” Ash muttered. He took his pokedex out and pointed it at Gary’s Pokemon.

“Butterfree spends most of its time foraging for nectar and pollen, locating the flowers by its sense of smell,” his pokedex spat out.

Ash nodded and put his pokedex back in his pocket. Lt. Surge smirked and threw out a pokeball of his own. A round ball Pokemon popped out. It was red and white. There were eyes on the red part of its body and it looked like it was scowling.

“Voltorb use sonic boom!” He called out.

His Pokemon began to shake and air waves came out of it. They were visible and headed straight for Gary’s Butterfree.

“Butterfree flap your wings and get rid of that sonic boom!”

Butterfree began to flap its wings quickly and the sonic boom died out. Gary grinned but Lt. Surge started to scowl.

“Voltorb use tackle!”

The Voltorb raced forward, aiming for Gary’s Butterfree that was hovering in the air. Gary didn’t think his Butterfree would be knocked out of the air, so he didn’t tell it to move. This was his mistake. The Voltorb jumped high in the air and knocked Butterfree out of the air.

It went sailing down and crashed to the floor. Gary yelled and told his Pokemon to get back up. Butterfree wasn’t hurt that bad but it had been damaged. Reluctantly but surely it got back in the air as if nothing had happened.

“Butterfree use confusion!” Gary commanded, his anger leaking into his voice.

Butterfree used its feelers to send out its attack. The attack hit Lt. Surge’s Voltorb and it began to look baffled. It tried to hit Butterfree when Lt. Surge told it to but it ended up missing by a long shot. The Voltorb was missing hitting Gary’s Butterfree a lot. Lt. Surge scowled and attempted to give another command.

“Use screech Voltorb!” He said.

However, his Voltorb was still very confused and didn’t hit its target at all. Its screech went bouncing off a wall and hit itself. Voltorb’s defense went down and Gary laughed. This was cake for him now Ash thought.

“Butterfree finish this off by using gust!” Gary cried out.

Butterfree’s wings moved quickly and a good sized gust of wind hit Lt. Surge’s Voltorb. The Voltorb was knocked back and then it fainted. Frowning, Lt. Surge took out his pokeball and made Voltorb return.

“You’re going to pay for that one,” he said and tossed out his second Pokemon.

The Pokemon that popped out was one Ash knew very well. It was a Pikachu. Ash’s mouth dropped and Gary stared at it dazed.

Lt. Surge snickered, “Yes I have a Pikachu like your friend, but it isn’t pathetic like his.”

Ash growled, “Take that back!”

The gym leader looked at Ash with amusement. “I only will if you manage to defeat me,” he replied.

Ash scowled, “Well then get ready to lose tomorrow.”

Lt. Surge’s eyes widened, “You’ve got spunk but we’ll see if you can back it up.”

Ash glared at him, he had pushed him and Ash didn’t like being pushed.

“Pikachu use thunder shock on that kid’s Butterfree,” Lt. Surge demanded.

His Pikachu’s thunder shock hit Butterfree and sent it falling to the ground.

“Get back up!” Gary screamed, fearful.

Gary’s Butterfree tried to get back up, but its body slumped back down and it fainted.

“Argh!” Gary screamed.

Gary grumbled and tossed another pokeball out. Gary’s Sandshrew came out. “Use slash, Sandshrew!” Gary yelled.

Sandshrew leapt forward and brought its hand near Pikachu. It slashed at Lt. Surge’s Pokemon. Pikachu let out a shriek and involuntarily shocked Sandshrew with thunder shock. However, it didn’t affect Sandshew in the slightest. Gary chuckled and told his Pokemon to dig. So Gary had taught one of his Pokemon that TM.

Sandshrew dug into the ground and moved about underneath. Pikachu frowned, looking everywhere for it. It couldn’t pinpoint where Sandshrew was though and got attacked suddenly by its dig. Pikachu cried out and Lt. Surge told it to use quick attack. Once Pikachu was back on its feet, it raced forward and hit Sandshrew with its attack. Sandshrew made a groaning noise but was otherwise fine.

Gary told his Sandshrew to use poison sting then. It did as it was told and Lt. Surge’s Pikachu was hit by the attack. A minute later Pikachu’s face turned red and it looked ill. It must have been poisoned Ash thought.

“End this with scratch Sandshrew!” Gary demanded.

Sandshrew ran forward and as soon as it got near Pikachu, scratched it with its claws. Pikachu let out a loud screech and then fell to the ground. It had been defeated.

Lt. Surge growled, “You may have beaten my first two Pokemon, but you won’t be able to defeat my final partner.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Update!!