Status: This is for the Mibba user, Gary oak. Enjoy.

A Boy’s First Love

Thinking and a New Partner

Ash thought long and hard about Gary’s kiss and what it meant to him. He still couldn’t believe the brunette had kissed him on the cheek. Ash had just been trying to cheer his friend up. Now everything was complicated and Ash wasn’t sure how he felt about that. He wanted things to stay the way they were, but he knew that wouldn’t be possible. Gary had confessed how he had felt and Ash still couldn’t even get his feelings in order. He was too flustered to even think about how he felt. Perhaps he liked Gary as more than a friend, but the concept itself was just so weird. Ash had never felt this way about anyone, let alone a boy.

His mom had always told him would find the right girl when the time came. What would his mom think if she ever found out he might like boys? She would probably think he was weird and be ashamed. After all many people were afraid of things that weren’t natural. His feelings definitely weren’t natural but he couldn’t help them. He knew he felt something strong towards Gary.

The question was did it happen to be more than friendship? Ash had a feeling it was something like that. He groaned and knew that tomorrow would be his battle with Lt. Surge. He didn’t think he could beat him. If Gary had lost then what chance did he have? Ash only had two Pokemon. He knew he had to change that. Lt. Surge wouldn’t accept a challenge from him if he realized Ash only had two Pokemon.

Ash went out and searched for a suitable Pokemon that would be good against Lt. Surge’s electric type Pokemon and especially his Raichu. He found a cave on the outskirts of the city. He entered it and after some time had passed with him finding several Zubats he found a Diglett. Ash grinned Diglett was a ground type Pokemon so Lt. Surge’s electric types would do no damage against it.

“Beedrill come on out,” Ash said tossing a pokeball into the air.

Beedrill popped out and Ash told it to use fury attack. The Diglett got hit by the attack and cried out. The Diglett dug into the ground then. Ash frowned and told his Beedrill to stay in the air and to not come down. Beedrill obeyed and when Diglett popped out of the ground, it missed Ash’s Pokemon by a good shot.

“Use twinneedle Beedrill,” Ash said.

Beedrill flew at Diglett and hit it with a multitude of needles that came out of its stingers. Diglett began to wobble then and it fainted.

“Alright, now’s my chance,” Ash said throwing a blank pokeball at Diglett.

The pokeball didn’t move. It immediately caught the Pokemon, because it couldn’t struggle.

Ash smiled, “Lt. Surge you have no idea what you’ll be facing tomorrow.”

On that note Ash left the cave and headed back to the poke center.