Status: This is for the Mibba user, Gary oak. Enjoy.

A Boy’s First Love

Pewter City

The place they entered was Pewter City. The first thing Ash noticed about the city was that there were a ton of rocks everywhere. Frowning, Ash asked, “Why are there so many rocks here?”

Gary did a head twirl, “Are you serious? You don’t know why?”

Ash pouted, “No.”

Gary laughed, “The gym leader uses rock type Pokemon, that’s why.”

Snickering, Gary replied, “I can’t believe you didn’t know that.”

Ash huffed, “Don’t make fun of me!”

“It’s fun though,” Gary remarked to Ash’s sulking face.

Ash never knew why Gary always picked on him, but it was starting to get on his nerves. He didn’t always have to tease him. Frankly, his joking went a little too far. Gary belittled him, berated and trash talked him. It was too much sometimes. Yet he couldn’t help but feel something towards the brunette. He didn’t know what the feeling was. It would surface up sometimes, refusing to go away, leaving Ash spent when it finally did. At the moment, Gary had a mocking look on his face. His eyes shone with a mean gleam and he snickered then.

“What are you laughing at?” He asked.

Gary shrugged and said, “You’re so easy to mess with.”

This caused Ash’s face to redden and he sputtered, his words caught in his throat. He didn’t know if Gary was making fun of him or joking. He figured he was making fun of him. This made his blood boil. How dare he? He thought angrily.

“Where’s the gym,” he said gruffly.

“Huh?” Gary looked at him strangely.

“I said, where’s the gym?” he repeated.

“Why are you asking? It’s late,” he remarked.

Ash huffed and then Gary’s eyes widened. Ash knew then that Gary had gotten why he was acting so strangely.

“You’re mad at me, aren’t you Ashy boy?” Gary stated.

Ash glared at him, “That’s an understatement Gary.”

Gary looked shocked, “Why do you get so mad at me all the time?”

Ash snorted, “You’re always picking on me. I’m sick of it!”

The brunette let out a sigh, “I’m sorry. I really don’t know why I do it so much. From now on I’ll try to not mess with you as much.”

“As much?” Ash cried out.

“Hey, I can’t always control what I say,” he remarked, shrugging.

Ash sighed, he supposed it would have to do for now. At least Gary was making a genuine effort to not pick on him. He usually harassed him and he didn’t even seem to care. Tonight though he could tell the brunette wanted nothing more than to make him feel better.

“I understand, things slip out,” he said.

“Thanks for understanding,” Gary responded.

“No thank you for taking the time to listen to me,” he smiled and Gary laughed.

“It’s not a big deal. I should have listened to you a long time ago. I don’t want to fight anymore. It’s childish,” he concluded.

“I agree,” Ash replied.

“Let’s go to the Poke center, I’m sure they have rooms we can sleep in,” Gary said, heading north.

Ash walked after Gary and the two headed to the Poke center to rest for the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Brand new chapter! :D