Status: This is for the Mibba user, Gary oak. Enjoy.

A Boy’s First Love

Gary’s Time to Shine

A squirtle emerged from Gary’s pokeball. Ash let out a gasp. He knew water types were strong against rock. Gary’s squirtle just happened to be a water type Pokemon. How lucky could Gary get?

Gary yelled out, “Squirtle use water gun!”

Gary’s squirtle jumped in the air with flair and went soaring down, spraying water at Brock’s Pokemon.

Ash still didn’t know what his Pokemon was called. He pointed his pokedex at the opposing Pokemon and it flashed saying, “Geodude usually sit still on mountain paths or in caves, which is why they are often mistaken for rocks. Geodude uses its arms to climb steadily up steep mountain paths, hoisting itself over.”

Ash nodded, so its name was Geodude.

Ash returned his eyes to the battle and saw that Geodude was spinning its arms around quickly in order to deflect the water. He saw Gary scowl.

“Use tackle!” Gary screamed, throwing his hand out dramatically.

Squirtle obeyed his command, racing towards Geodude and when it got close, tackled Geodude with its entire weight. Geodude went flying but the battle wasn’t over yet.

“You’ve got some good moves kid,” Brock said.

Gary growled, “I won’t lose!”

Brock laughed and then said, “Geodude use rock throw.” His Pokemon grabbed a rock from the terrain and threw it at Squirtle.

“Dodge it!” Gary said curtly.

Squirtle moved out of the way, the rock missing it.

“Now bubble!” Gary demanded.

Squirtle opened its mouth and a couple of bubbles came bursting forth. The first bubble missed Geodude but the second and third hit it with full force. Brock’s Geodude stood its ground but then it began to sway and it fell to the ground, defeated. Gary jumped up and down and grabbed Squirtle’s hands, twirling it back and forth. “We did it!” He shouted.

Brock smiled and went up to him. “Here’s your badge,” he said handing him a grey badge that looked like a rock or even a boulder.

“Your Pokemon fought well,” he replied.

“Thanks, yours did too!” Gary remarked, excitement leaking out.

Gary pulled out a pokeball and pointed it at Squirtle. There was a beam of bright red light and Squirtle returned to its ball. He then walked up to Ash and smiled.

“You did great Gary!” He said, meaning it.

Gary shrugged, “I had an advantage. You would have won too if you had a water type Pokemon.”

Ash lowered his eyes, “I guess.”

“Hey what’s wrong?” He questioned.

Ash squared his shoulders and said, “I wanted to prove to you that I could beat the gym leader but I still lost, even with Beedrill.” He hung his head in shame.

“Don’t talk like that. You did prove yourself, doing all that extra training and catching Kakuna and making it evolve. Give it another go tomorrow, maybe you’ll win,” Gary said encouragingly.

Ash nodded, “Thanks for your support. I’ll beat him next time!”

“That’s the spirit!” Gary responded happily.
♠ ♠ ♠
Brand new chapter. Yes!