What Lies Beyond

Time to Celebrate

"I got the drinks!" I yelled from my kitchen. Yells of approval and happiness came back from my room.
I grabbed the three twelve pack cases of beer, a bottle of vodka and four shot glasses.

"The party can begin now!" I exclaimed as I walked into my room where my three friends, Desiree, Michelle and Darren sat on my queen size bed.

They looked over and saw me with my hands full with alcohol. Darren stood up and grabbed the cases of beer.

"Thanks. All of those drinks would have fallen if you didn't take those. Then there would be none," I said appreciatively.

I set down the shots and vodka on the desk in my room.

"Okay, are we gonna do shots or just talk and drink beer first?" Desiree said with a little hesitation in her voice. She wasn't the type of girl to party hard and get drunk.

"I just want to drink right now! Gimme a beer Sean!" Michelle demanded.

Darren and put the three cases of beer on the desk next to the shot glasses. I opened one up and grabbed four cans out. Michelle reached her hand towards me, obviously really wanting a drink. I gave her one and she immediately opened it and took a long drink from it.

"Someone's thirsty. Calm the fuck down Michelle," I said smirking.

She choked on the drink. Desiree and I laughed. Darren pat her on the back smiling, trying really hard not to laugh along with us.

I handed the other two drinks out and opened the one I had. I took a drink and choked it down. "I'll probably never get used to this taste," I said in disgust.

"Drink more and more and you'll get used to it eventually," Darren said as he took a drink.

Taking his advice, I kept drinking.

I walked out of the room, beer still in my hand. In the kitchen there were bottles all over the counters. I grabbed an empty one and brought it back to the bedroom.

"What's that for?" Desiree asked.

"We're playing spin the bottle! Alright? No matter who it is that it lands on you're going to kiss them. No cheek bullshit either," I said happily.

They all smiled and nodded in agreement of the rules.

I lifted the bedside table and put it in the middle of the room.

"Who's wants to go first?" I asked looking around at each of them.

"I will!" Michelle said eagerly. She grabbed the bottle out of my hand, sat down and spun the bottle. We all watched as it turned and turned until it started to slow down and landed on Desiree.

"Ooh! This is already starting off to be a good night!" Darren said.

I laughed.

Michelle leaned in to kiss Desiree and Desiree did the same. They finally touched lips. Darren and I freaked.

"Damn, that's hot!" I exclaimed.

They pulled away. "Damn, that was to short!" Darren laughed.

"Sean! It's your turn!" Desiree said handing me the bottle.

I grabbed it and spun it.

It spun around to many times to count and began to slow. We all watched as it came to a stop.

"Thank god!" I laughed. It stopped at Michelle. I think it would have been really weird for me to kiss Darren. As well as Desiree because we were practically related.

I quickly leaned in and kissed Michelle. It was a short kiss and was a weird feeling kiss.

"This is getting really awkward guys. We should do something else," Michelle said.

We all agreed. I pulled out my iPhone and looked up some drinking games.

There was one that had stood out to me. It was called Fubar.

"How about Fubar?" I asked.

"What the hell is that?" Desiree asked in answer to my question.

I laughed, "We need a deck of cards. There are rules for each card someone pulls. When you pull one you have to do something," I said and began going into more detail about the game.

"Where are some cards?" Desiree said ready to play.

I looked to Darren, who was closest to my dresser where the deck was, "There is a deck in the second drawer of in my dresser," I said.

He stood up with a groan and walked two feet to my dresser and opened the second drawer. We all were waiting patiently for him to get the cards. After about five minutes he finally found the deck.

"Dang, was it that hard to find? It was right in the front of everything. Or I thought it was," I said.

"It was more towards the bottom of the drawer," he said smoothly as he handed the deck of cards to me.

I grabbed the deck, pulled the cards out an shuffled them a few times. I set the deck down in the middle of the table.

"Who wants to go first?" Darren asked.

Desiree stepped up and said, "I will!" She pulled a card out and showed it to everyone. It was a jack. Guys drink.

Darren and I took a drink of the beer we had. It was Darren's turn. He pulled a card off and the card was a king. Everyone drinks, but you have to start drinking after the person before you starts and stop drinking after the person before you stops.

Darren started chugging the beer, I was next and started drinking. Next it was Michelle and she started drinking as well. Desiree was last and lifted her can and drank too.

Darren didn't stop until all of his beer was gone. I stopped soon after him and Michelle stopped after I stopped and Desiree stopped after Michelle.

My vision blurred as I opened my eyes. I rubbed my eyes and opened them again and they were still blurred.

"What the fuck is up with my eyes?" I demanded.

"What's wrong with them?" Desiree asked worriedly.

"They're all blurry. I can't see!" I said as my vision got even worse and everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is a story I was thinking about doing. My friend had me help her with her horror story so I wanted to do my own. This is only the boring part.
Hope you enjoy.