What Lies Beyond

This Isn't Happening

"Sean! Wake up! Sean!” I opened up my eyes to see a blurry Desiree hanging over me. I blinked and rubbed my eyes. “Oh thank god! I thought we were going to have to call an ambulance for you,” she said relief flooding her voice.

She moved away from me and extended her hand out to me. I grabbed it and she helped pull me up. As soon as I got up my legs got shaky and gave way again. Before I fell I grabbed onto the mattress on my bed, which didn’t give me a lot of support.

Desiree quickly grabbed me again, reassuring herself that I wasn’t going to fall. “Thanks,” I said shakily. I looked around, Michelle and Darren both looked pretty worried about me. “I’m fine. I think. I hope I am. I just got a little dizzy.”

“A little dizzy? You were out for a fucking hour. You scared the shit out of us,” Michelle said with anger as well as worry in her voice. She came towards me and hugged me. “Thank god you’re okay,” she said.

“Dude, what the hell happened?” Darren asked.

I tried to think back to what was going on through my head before I had passed out.

“My eyes were blurred to hell, and then all of a sudden they went pitch black. I could still hear you guys talking for a few minutes, but I couldn’t see anything. After those few minutes you were gone,” I said.

They looked at each other and then back to me and gave me this look that told me that they thought I was crazy.

“We weren’t talking when you passed out Sean, all we were doing was looking at each other. We didn’t know what to do,” Michelle said.

“Then who the hell was talking?” I demanded.

“We have no idea what you’re talking about. There was nobody talking,” Darren said looking at Desiree and Michelle for support.

“We didn’t hear anything,” Desiree said in agreement. Michelle nodded.

“I know I’m not crazy guys. I know I heard someone,” I said.

“What were they saying?” Darren asked.

“I only made out a few words the rest was to quiet for me.” I thought back to when I heard whoever it was talking. “'He’ll be dead soon,' was one of the clearer ones I had heard. Uhm. Another voice yelled, fucking die already, which was the clearest of the few words I heard. Get ready for hell, little bitch,” I said quietly and looked at my feet.

“Wow Sean, that sounds really fucking scary,” Darren joked. He cracked up.

I looked up, about to say that I wasn’t kidding about what I just told them all what I had heard. Before I could speak I saw a man standing behind Darren. He was tall; his eyes were blood red, his skin, pale as a vampire’s and he wore all dark clothing. His arms were extending to his head. I screamed. The lights flickered off and back on and the man was gone.

“What just happened, Sean?” Michelle demanded with a dash of terror in her voice.

“There was a man, right behind you Darren! I’m not even joking right now. I saw him! He was about to break your neck! He was tall…and he wore all black. His eyes. Oh god, his eyes! They were blood red!” was all I could muster up.

Desiree and Michelle were utterly terrified, but Darren still looked unconvinced.

“Do you seriously not believe me right now?” I asked with a hint of anger in my voice.

He shook his head. “Sure, I believe you. I believe that you are all bullshitting me right now,” he said laughing.

“I don’t think Sean is bullshitting you right now,” Desiree said. “He sounds utterly terrified.” She looked at Darren hopeful that he would understand.

“Yeah, me either. This is really starting to scare me right now,” Michelle said.

Darren stared at the both of them. "Are you freaking joking me? You both are falling for it? This is such a joke," he said.

"How do you explain Sean falling and being out for the time he was out?" Desiree demanded.

"Weird coincidence," was all Darren said.

I was getting real irritated with this. I know what I saw and what I heard. "Fine, believe what you want, but don't come to us when you hear or see something scary," I said.

"Fine," he said simply.

I breathed calmly. I was trying not to freak out as much as I was freaking out on the inside.

I closed my eyes and tried to think of something happy and not scary. I couldn't do it. The eyes of whatever that thing was...I couldn't get them out of my head. I jumped a little before opening my eyes.

"Sean, Is there anything or anyone that would maybe cause this to happen?" Michelle asked.

I tried to think of anything possible that maybe would do this.

"No...I don't think so," I said shakily.

"Is your house like haunted or something? Or could it be someone doing this?" Desiree asked questions before anyone could answer.

"This has never happened before, ever. I don't know why it would just randomly start happening now," I said.

I started pacing back and forth. I'm pretty sure that didn't make the situation any less rigid.

"This isn't happening. This isn't happening," I told myself repeatedly.
♠ ♠ ♠
It would be awesome if you guys would recommend this story to your friends. I hope you guys are enjoying this story because I am enjoying writing this.(: