‹ Prequel: Saviour
Status: Active

Love Isn't Always Fair

"I looked down at it and saw that it told me it was an international number"

That night, while Black Veil Bride's performed to thousands of fans, with all the girlfriends stood side stage, cheering them on, I stayed on the bus, give myself some time to think things through. I shouldn't really be that angry at Andy should I? I mean, yeah, he told me absolutely nothing about his ex, that he truly loved, and not to mention was planning on proposing to, but surely that's not a reason to be mad? Or am I mad because he's being hanging out with that said ex for the last 2 weeks or so, pretty much all day everyday and then lying to me, when I ask him where he's been.

I sighed and just dropped myself onto the sofa in the back lounge of the bus. I decided to get my laptop out and bring my iTunes libary up and started playing some Green Day just so I wasn't sat in complete silence. After just sat there staring out the window and singing along to "When I Come Around" I decided to get my Twitter up and see what people had been saying. I knew it wasn't the best thing to do, knowing that fans had seen Andy and I have a small argument in the parking lot and we hadn't been seen together once today. There would, with out a doubt, be hate all over my mentions. I decided to tweet a few of the fans back, mainly the ones that were being nice.

I was just in the middle of replying to a fan when the door of the bus slammed shut, causing me to jump. I looked over in the direction, scared of moving, until I heard Ella calling my name.

"Back here." I called back.

I listened as she made her way to the back, with a little "fuck" muttered along the way, most likely tripping over something one of the lads had left on the floor.

"Just thought I'd come and make sure you're okay sitting here all by yourself." I smiled at her slightly and nodded.

"I'm fine, honestly. Just needed some time to think things through. I'll come back once I know the show is nearly over, I need to talk to Andy." I spoke.

"Babe, the show finished 15 minutes ago." She giggled.

I looked at the time on my phone and sure enough, the time read 10:45PM.

"Well I'll be damned." I chuckled. "Alright, give me a minute and I'll be back over." I told her.

Ella nodded and stood up, giving me a quick hug, before exiting the bus and heading back into the venue. I closed my laptop and found my pass, clipping it to my jeans, before changing my top and sorting out my hair. I was just about to step off the bus, when my phone started ringing. I looked down at it and saw that it told me it was an international number, causing me to scrunch up my eyebrows in confusion. I hit answer anyway, curiosity getting the better of me.

"Hello?"

"Hello, is this Liz?" I heard a young British female say.

"It is, who's calling?"

"Oh good. I don't know if you remember, but you met me, Jenna, and my friend Megan a while when you toured the UK." She spoke.

It was then I remembered, Megan, the 16 year old girl with terminal cancer. I sucked in a breath.

"Y-yeah. I remember. How's Megan doing? Is everything okay? I hope she enjoyed what the lads and I sent her." I rambled.

"Uhm... I don't know how to say this Liz... is Andy there as well?" She softly cried.

"He's just got off stage and I'm back at the bus at the moment." I sighed.

"Oh."

"Jenna, is everything okay?" I asked.

And just like that, she started sobbing.

"She hasn't has she? Jenna? Talk to me please?" I could feel my own tears building up.

"J-just a couple of h-hours ago." Jenna cried.

"I'm so, so, sorry." I cried.

"I-I-I can't believe she's gone."

"I know, Jenna. Fuck, I don't know what to say." I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "Is her family there?"

"Y-yeah. Her mom still hasn't left her bedside. Her dad was taken somewhere else to calm down. He pretty much trashed the whole hospital room and punched a hole through the wall." Jenna cried.

"Does she have any siblings?"

"She has a younger brother, he's with me right now. But I don't think he quite understands what's going on."

"Oh Jenna, I'm so sorry. I don't want to sound rude right now, but can I call you back? I just need to get to Andy quick and I'll call you back as soon as I'm with him in about five or ten minutes."

"Yeah, that's fine. I'm not entirely sure why I called your number anyway. I guess I just called last person she contacted that wasn't me." Jenna sniffled.

"Well, I'm glad you did. I'll talk to you in a minute okay. Keep your phone by you." I said.

Jenna gave me a reply, before I hung up and jumped off the step, and ran over to the back enterance of the venue. I showed the security my pass and he nodded. I gave him a quick thank you, walked as fast as I could over to the Black Veil Brides dressing room. Once I reached it, I could hear plently or shouting and cheering, and them just having an all round good time. I was about to ruin that.

I took a deep, shaky breathe and placed my hand on the door handle, giving it a quick twist and it swung open. No one seemed to noticed that I had entered the room, so I called out for everyones attentions.

"Guys, GUYS!" I shouted.

The room fell quiet as everyone stopped and looked at me. I saw Andy stood the far end and even for here, I could see the pain on his face from earlier.

"Uhm, I have some news." I choked out.

I walked further into the room, everyone watching each step I took.

"Go on." Ashley spoke.

"Do you guys remember back in the UK , around the start of the tour, we met those two girls, Jenna and Megan?" I watched as all the lads tried to remember, but just ended up looking up at me in confusion.

"I had been talking to Danny and this girl handed me a letter, to hand to Andy when we were walking back to the venue, because she had missed him, and once Andy read the letter, we went out and met the two girls, bringing them back stage. The girl named Megan had cancer." I said.

At that, Andy looked up at me. Just like me, Andy had been keeping in contact with her, along with her family.

"Oh, the awesone chic who performed on stage with us?" Jake asked.

"Yeah, that's the one," I sighed. "Well, I just got a phone call from Jenna, Megan passed away just a couple of hours ago." I frowned.

I heard multiple gasps coming from the girls, while the guys just sat there in shock.

"B-but she was only young." CC stuttered.

"I know. But Cancers a fucking dick and took her away from her friends and family." I cried.

CC jumped up and pulled me into a hug, while I looked over at Andy to see he had his head in his hands.

"I told Jenna I'll call her back in a minute. I just wanted to come over and tell you guys and preferably have Andy come back and talk to her with me." I said, looking over at him, pleading slightly.

He looked up and nodded, grabbing the shirt next to him and pulling it on, before grabbing his phone and making his way over. With out saying anything, he held open the door for me, letting me walking out first, then exiting the room himself. He didn't wrap a single arm around me, or grab my hand to let me know he's the for support, he just walked beside me, in complete silence.

As soon as we entered the bus, I walked to the back again and sat cross legged on the sofa, Andy eventually came back as well and sat next to me.

"Are you okay?" He asked queitly.

"I think so. I just need to call her back." I sighed.

"Well go on then."

And with that, I picked up my phone, found the number that had previously called me and gave it a call back. Just seconds later, Jenna picked up.

"Liz?"

"Yeah, it's me. Andy's here as well." I replied. "Hold on, I'll put you on speaker."

I took my phone away from my ear and pressed the button for speaker and set the phone down on the table.

"Hey Jenna." Andy spoke.

"Hi." She responded.

"Jenna, is Carol there?" Andy asked, completely taking over the conversation.

"She's still sat by Megans bed right now."

"Do you think she'll talk to me?"

"I'm not sure, I'll just go and ask." I heard her get up and young boys voice in the background. "I'll be back in just a second Joe." Jenna told the young boy.

"Carol, it's Andy and Liz on the phone. They know." She said softly, obviously not wanting to upset the mourning mother anymore. "Do you want to talk to them?"

I heard the phone being passed over.

"A-andy?" I heard the lady sob.

"Hi Carol." Andy frowned. "I'm so sorry."

"I can't believe she's gone. My beautiful daughter, she's lying here so cold and emotionless." She cried.

Andy sucked in a breath.

"She's a peace now. She's no longer in pain." Andy spoke softly trying to sooth the mother on the other end.

"I wish it was me in that bed, not her. She was too young. No one at the age of 16 deserves to die and especially not from Cancer."

"Hey, don't say that. You need to be strong. For yourself, for your husband and for Joe. Does Joe know what's happened?"

"He just thinks she's sleeping right now. I can't bring myself to tell him right now, not while she's still lying here,"

At that, I decided to let the two of them just talk. I made my way to the from of the bus and over to the little kitchen, going into the fridge and pulling out a bottle of water. As soon as I had the cap unscrewed, I brought the bottle up to my lips and gulped as much of it as possible.

I made my way to one of the seat, listening to Andy talking to Megans mum on the phone in the other room. It wasn't long before I heard him mumble a bye, and make his way back out to where I was. He walked over to where I was sat and sat down next to me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. I placed my head on his chest and sighed.

"Andy."

"Mmm?"

"Are you mad at me?" I asked, looking up at him.

"No." He answered.

"I'm sorry for the way I acted earlier. I was just upset. I just believe you and I do trust you. It's just, I don't know, I guess you being gone most of the time and then hearing about Juliet, really got to me. Plus I know what she looks like and that fact that you're with me after a clearly serious relationship with her, makes me insecure." I sighed, sitting up straight.

"Why would you be insecure? Liz, Juliet is the past, you are my present, and hopefully my future. Please don't feel insecure." Andy frowned, cupping my face with one of his large hands.

"She's stunning Andy, the perfect body, the perfect hair... You know what I'm like, I'm constantly insecure." I spoke.

"You're stunning too and I will always tell you that, until you realise it. I don't want you comparing yourself to an ex of mine, because it's not her I want, it's you. The girl who overcame her troubles to become who she is today and I would never dream of doing anything like that to you ever, because to me, you are still the fragile 19 year old, who I saved at our show two years ago, you're still the girl I fell in love with and I never want you to forget that."
♠ ♠ ♠
I would just like apologise for keeping you guys waiting so god damn long. I know I used to update a fair bit and then just suddenly completely forgot, even though I was still coming onto this site frequently. Honestly, to start off with I completely forgot, partically because I had changed departments at work my so I had more hours, meaning less time to actually write anything, and then when I did have time, I just couldn't be bothered because I was so bored. Also, I really needed to figure out where I wanted my stories to go. Right now, Im still not 100% sure, but I have ideas flowing again, it's not many, but it won't take me all the way to the end right now. But I think leaving these stories behind for basically a year, kind of done me good. I can come back and work on them with a refreshed mind. Anyway, I'm terribly sorry guys, and I sure hope you can forgive me and enjoy what's to come with these stories.

Sorry it's not perfect, or amazing or overly long, and fairly depressing, but I hope you like it. It's better than no update, right? I will try and get another update out soon, but I'm not going to make any promises, so I'll see ya when I can next convince myself to update again.

P.S. Once again, sorry about the extremely long wait