Status: A story for knives chau. I hope you enjoy it!

I’m not My Brother

Lie

“Yo, Al are you in here?” Ed asked opening the door slowly.

Al stiffened and quickly hid the book he had been reading under some papers.

“Yeah, what’s up?” He asked, swiveling his chair to face his brother.

Ed sighed, looking like he wanted to say something.

“What is it brother?” Al questioned suddenly worried.

“I want to know why you treated Winry like that, after she’s been nothing but nice to us,” he said suddenly.

“Maybe to you,” he replied darkly.

Ed frowned, “What do you mean by that?”

Al grinded his teeth, “I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Al, stop keeping me out I know something’s wrong,” he said.

Al couldn’t tell his brother that he was jealous of him. He would just laugh and think he was being stupid. The only other option was to lie.

Al never told lies but in this instance he thought it would be fine. He was only hurting himself by keeping the truth unknown.

“Fine, it’s just Winry used to hang out with us more but lately she’s been busy and I’ve been feeling pretty lonely,” he replied trying to convince Ed and himself.

Ed’s eyes widened and he laughed, “Is that all?”

Al nodded and Ed smiled at him, “You could have just told Winry that silly, instead of being mean to her.”

Inwardly Al was relieved that Ed had bought his lie. He was still just as jealous though. Ed told Al that they should go out and greet the townsfolk, because if he was lonely, that would solve it. Al agreed and the two set off for the town.
♠ ♠ ♠
Newest chapter. Enjoy you guys!