Attention's Like a Fire

Obvious Lies

“Don’t worry you’re pretty little head about it.” I said before walking away.

Everyone makes mistakes. All Mikey did was mess up a little during the show, so its not a big deal right?

“Frank, are you okay? You seem quiet all of a sudden.” Gerard asked once I entered the locker room.

Gerard. Mikey’s big brother. Just that name makes me tingly. Gerard. The wisdom of the band. I give him the credit for us being here today. Sure we owe the fans a lot, but if Gerard hadn’t picked up the phone that day there would be no My Chemical Romance. No fans. We’d still all be going on with our shitty jobs in our shitty lives, and chances are, some of us would be dead by now.

“Yeah Gerard, I’m fine, I’ve just got a lot on my mind that I’m trying to figure out right now is all.” I shrugged sitting on the bench..

“We all know that’s a lie Frank, it’s obvious something is bugging you.”

“Well, I don’t know if you noticed, but Mikey just wasn’t himself during the show, like every time we would. You know. He would hit the wrong note or just lose the rhythm.” I explained pulling my sweat-soaked shirt over my head.

“Mikey’s fine. He’s just like that because he didn’t get that much sleep last night. He just sat at the table and drank coffee all night. Today’s just an off day for him.” He said leaving me alone.

“Hey Frank, can I talk to you?” Mikey said suddenly.

When did he get here?

“What’s up Mikes? Are you okay?” I asked pulling on a clean shirt.

“Yeah, I’m fine, I was just wondering something. Do you think that the fans noticed when I screwed up?” He asked straddling the bench next to me.

“No. I don’t think they did. Your brother didn’t even seem to notice, I was the only one.” I said stuffing my sweaty clothes in a bag and sitting next to him.

Earlier we were told to wait somewhere backstage until the fans were cleared out before we went to the van. Something about avoiding possible ambushes.

“Can I ask why you really messed up?” his eyes flickered and met mine momentarily before he looked down again..

“No,” He said pushing his glasses up his nose, “I mean, its not that big of a deal. I guess I just lost my spot every once in a while.”

He’s lying. Right through his teeth. Every word that just passed those perfect little lips was a lie.

Allow me to explain myself. I like Gerard. Past the point of lust that we show on stage. Oh no, what I feel for him is so much more.

The reason I look at Mikey the way I do is simply because of the uncanny resemblance and closeness their brother relationship is.

“Are you sure you just lost count? Or did you mess up because of me and Gerard? Do you have something against us? Are you jealous?”

“Everyone it’s safe to head to the bus.” The security guard informed us quickly.

“No Frank, it wasn’t because of you and my brother, and no I don’t have anything against gays.” He stated before walking off and changing his shirt as he went.

Multi talented scrawny fucker.
♠ ♠ ♠
Emily here! i am absolutely honored to be writing a story with KATAL. she kicks butt.
sorry its not very long. (didnt have enough time in english)
<3 Emily