Status: HI PEOPLE!

You Can Be My Taxi

There's A Place Off Ocean Avenue

A friend is someone who would do anything for you… especially stand outside in fifty degree weather in California in the winter to see a band.

“Why the fuck is it cold? You told me it’ll be warm,” Robyn told her friend, glaring coldly at her.

“You live here! You should know the difference between warm and cold,” Scarlett commented, stuffing her hands in her pockets.

“Of course I live here! Did I fucking mention it’s fucking raining? You told me there would be no rain,” Robyn snapped, shivering inside her thin hoodie.

The people around her were staring. Scarlett looked around and only saw girls. So she corrected herself. The girls were all staring at her and Robyn.

“I swear, we live in the coldest parts of California,” Robyn muttered.

Soon after, the sun decided to shine and the rain stopped. Robyn cursed at the sky… rather loudly. She stripped out of her jacket and felt the cold breeze rush through her.

“I swear, sometimes you’re very strange,” Scarlett commented, taking off her jacket.

The girls around them stared at the two girls, who seemed to be in their early twenties. Old enough to drink, but not old enough to know better.

“Why are we here? You promised me free food. You said we were going to In-N-Out,” Robyn demanded.

“I told you for the billionth time. We’re here to see a concert. This band called McFly. My sister won those tickets, but couldn’t go since she got sick,” Scarlett explained.

“Why must we suffer in the cold? What did I do to deserve this?”

“Dude, you cursed at the sky and proclaimed that if it was a person, you would punch them in the face,” Scarlett stated, trying to hide her amusement.

“I might’ve said some words, but that doesn’t mean that I meant them. It’s like that time that you swore at this one girl and said you were gonna punch her in the face, but I saw none of that, now, did I? In fact, I found out you punched her in the face on Facebook,” Robyn confirmed.

“What does that have to do with anything?” she asked her best friend since pre-k.

“Nothing. I just wanted to let you know that if you decide to punch someone in the face, can I at least be there to see it happen?” Robyn asked.

Scarlett rolled her eyes and let it pass.

“Anyways, why are we even here. Outside. Why aren’t we inside where there’s warmth?” Robyn asked, slipping her jacket back on.

“I don’t know, do you want me to check on the band and ask them myself?” Scarlett asked sarcastically.

“You can do that?” Robyn asked her seriously, pushing her blonde bangs out of her face.

Scarlett gave her a ‘Bitch, are you serious?’ face. Robyn nodded her head and blew onto her hands to keep her warm.

“I sometimes question our sanity,” Robyn confirmed.

“I’ve been questioning it, too, but I think I’ve thought about this a lot longer than you,” Scarlett told her.

“See, this is why we’re such awesome friends,” Robyn said, reaching into her pocket and grabbed her cell phone and checked the time. She soon groaned.

“Scar! Me hungy,” Robyn whined.

“There’s a machine that shoots out food if you give it the right amount of cash just across from us,” Scarlett said, pointing at the machine.

Robyn looked at the machine and opened her hand in front of Scarlett.

“What happened to the money I gave you?” Scarlett asked her.

“I spent it on drugs. Now money,” Robyn said.

Scarlett rolled her eyes and gave her five dollars.

“And next time you decide to buy drugs, offer me some,” Scarlett said, watching Robyn run off towards the food machine.

Robyn walked up and looked at the different varieties of food. She settled on the Chex Mix and put the five dollars in. She watched as the spiral spun the bag of chips and fell to the ground. She grabbed the bag and her change and walked towards the soda dispenser. She chose a regular coke and inserted the coins. She grabbed her things and ate out of the bag and turned, seeing the line beginning to move. Robyn looked around and saw Scarlett mouthing her to run, which she did. Well… she sprinted.

“Now I know why I stopped taking Gym,” Robyn panted, drinking her coke.

Scarlett rolled her eyes and handed the security their tickets, which they took and ripped off the stubs, then handed it back to them. Robyn and Scarlett entered the stadium and looked at their ticket.

“Hey, front row,” Robyn pointed out, grinning.

“You took a ruffie from a priest again, didn’t you?” Scarlett asked.

Robyn shrugged her shoulders and kept eating her Chex mix. She offered some to Scarlett, but declined it.

They walked towards the front where the stage was and Robyn downed the entire coke bottle, making Scarlett roll her eyes.

“Hey, where’s the nearest trash can?” Robyn asked, stuffing the empty bag of Chex Mix inside the coke bottle.

“Outside,” she confirmed, looking around for a trashcan.

Robyn whined. “I don’t wanna walk out there again.”

They walked towards where the rails were. Robyn looked around and saw a bunch of security talking to each other.

“Hey, security people,” Robyn called out.

That got their attention and turned around.

“Can one of you pretty please throw this away for me?” Robyn asked, smiling innocently at them.

One of them got up and took the trash from her. Robyn noticed that he wasn’t part of security, since he was wearing a button up shirt with a pair of jeans and vans. ‘Probably one of the security’s son or something,’ Robyn though to herself.

“You were just too lazy to throw away your own trash?” Scarlett asked her.

“Hey, I asked and they took it. I call that hospitality,” Robyn confirmed.

“I call that being lazy,” Scarlett replied.

Robyn rolled her eyes and pulled her sleeves down from her hoodie to cover half of her hands so she could at least keep them warm.

“I still don’t know why you didn’t bring your fingerless gloves,” Scarlett told her.

“Because wearing fingerless gloves is like wearing no shoes, but still wearing socks.”

The lights went out and the lights from the stage began to flicker. The crowd began to cheer loudly, forcing Scarlett and Robyn to cringe at the girl’s screams.

“We need a mosh pit,” Robyn screamed into Scarlett’s ear.

“I think this one is like one of those One Direction concerts that Candice always talks about and states that there’s always no mosh pits,” Scarlett screamed back.

“Well then what’s the fucking point of a concert without a mosh pit?” Robyn questioned.

The band soon came out. The screams grew intense and Robyn felt like scratching her ears to make it stop, but Scarlett slapped her hand away from her ear.

“Hello, Los Angeles! We’re McFly and these are our songs,” the guitarist/singer greeted.

“Hey, they’re British,” Robyn stated, smiling like an idiot.

“And your new found crush has just formed,” Scarlett muttered, but Robyn could still hear it and slapped her upside the head.

The songs they played were upbeat and catchy. Robyn liked them. She spotted the merch store and there were only a couple people there.

“I’ll be right back, four-eyes,” Robyn said, patting her on the back and quickly walked towards where the merch was before Scarlett was ready to slap her.

Scarlett didn’t see Robyn until they started with a slow song. Robyn soon stood next to her and grinned like the Cheshire cat.

“Why are you so happy?” Scarlett asked her.

“I thought the band was good, so I bought all of their records,” Robyn confirmed, showing her the CDs that now rest inside her purse.

“You said you didn’t have any money,” Scarlett said.

“I said I didn’t have cash. I didn’t say I didn’t have my credit cards,” Robyn confirmed.

“That reminds me, I need to buy a poster for my sister,” Scarlett said, pushing her way through several girls who were screaming that they loved a certain person. She kept hearing the name Dougie a lot, but ignored it and kept pushing her way through.

She stopped in front of the merch and looked around to see if a poster popped out in front of her. One did and she pointed it out.

“That’ll be $6.50, ma’am,” the man told her.

Scarlett reached into her purse and pulled out a ten. She handed it to the man, who then counted the change and gave it to her as well as the poster. She saluted him with the poster and pushed her way through the throng on people and made her way towards Robyn.

“Hey there. Did you get what you needed?” Robyn asked her.

“Yes I did. What time is it?” Scarlett asked.

Robyn checked her cell phone and hissed.

“Almost eleven thirty,” she answered.

Scarlett cursed under her breath. They had to be at work in the next nine hours. They think they’ll have time. Which, just in the nick of time, the band decided that it was the end of the concert, but the traffic to get out was torture. Scarlett and Robyn linked arms and quickly pushed their way through the throng of people. With years of experience, they almost got it right. However, there were always people who refused to let them through.

“I don’t think so, mate,” a girl no older than seventeen with a thick British accent confirmed.

“Come on. We’re tired and hungry and we just wanna leave. Can you please do that for us?” Robyn asked the girl.

“No way. You’re going to have to get through us just like everybody else,” the girl confirmed, turning around and moving with the rest of the people.

Scarlett pushed Robyn in the opposite direction and took their leave somewhere far away from the girl. The successfully got out of the stadium, but it was packed and it would take hours just to get out of there.

“Wanna walk around?” Robyn asked her best friend.

“Sure,” Scarlett said, walking towards their car to leave their stuff in. The only thing that they held was their purses, since it had their keys and their wallets.

Scarlett and Robyn walked towards the stadium again and saw the security guards again.

“Paulie and Stephen! How’s it goin’?” Robyn asked.

“If it isn’t Batman and Boy Wonder,” Paulie greeted, hugging the two girls.

“How’s it going? Last we saw you, Muse was playing here. What are you two doing at a concert like this one?” Stephen asked them.

“My sister was supposed to go with me, but she got sick, so I dragged my friend with me,” Scarlett confirmed.

“Why didn’t you just sell it?” Paulie asked.

“I wish, but it was last minute. If I sold those tickets, then I would be like a rat offering a free meal to a bunch of cats,” Scarlett confirmed.

“Well, how’d you enjoy it?” Stephen asked.

“I got all of their albums,” Robyn said, grinning like a cat and bouncing a little.

“I think it’s a bit strange. I’ve known you girls since you were teenagers and the first concert you ever went to was a Green Day concert."

“We needed something new, anyways. So, we got their albums,” Robyn confirmed, pushing her blonde bang out of her face.

“By the way, how are you girls going?” Paulie asked them.

“We got our own apartment and we’re working at JCPenny's where the bitches come out,” Scarlett confirmed.

“That’s kind of scary, since we all know Robyn doesn’t like people,” Stephen confirmed, looking at Robyn, who glared at a passerby car.

“It’s not my fault people are stupid,” Robyn confirmed.

Scarlett rolled her eyes and looked at the line.

“We’re gonna be stuck here,” Scarlett said.

“No! Then we won’t have our food!” Robyn cried.

“You know, there’s a secret hide-away in the back where you can escape. Just make sure no one is following you,” Paulie told them.

“Seriously? Where?” Robyn asked them.

“It’s behind that dumpster over there. Just keep going and you’ll be out of here before you know it,” Stephen told him.

“Just be careful of the tour bus. They get bitchy if you cut them off,” Paulie stated.

“Will do. Now, to In-N-Out!” Robyn stated, grabbing Scarlett’s arm and pulled her away from them.

“See you guys at the next concert,” Scarlett called out.

“See ya, kiddies. We’ll meet again,” Stephen shouted out.

Scarlett unlocked their car when they got there and slipped in, while Robyn practically jumped in and bounced in her seat.

“You’re way too hyper to be enjoying this,” Scarlett confirmed.

“It’s one in the morning. I deserve to be this hyper,” Robyn pointed out.

She rolled her eyes and started the car, and off they went.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M BACK! And with new stories. So... what I'm going to do is insert a music video thingy from youtube, then add a picture. But then I though... why? So I'll just post a picture for my amusement.

Clicky!

Hope you enjoy it!