Status: HI PEOPLE!

You Can Be My Taxi

We Were Both 16 and It Felt So Right

The sun peaked through the window, making the two girls groan in protest.

“Go away, sun! We wanna sleep!” Robyn protested, rolling over and covered her head with her pillow.

Scarlett got up and checked the time. Seven thirty. She threw the phone at Robyn, which she yelped in pain.

“Come on. We got an hour and a half to get ready. I’m gonna take a quick shower so we can both get ready,” Scarlett told her.

“I’ll just steal Derek’s shower for the day. I don’t think he’ll mind.”

“Just be careful of his make-up. He gets pissed if you move them again,” Scarlett told her.

“I know the rules,” Robyn said, leaving the apartment with a few clothes for her to wear.

*****

After a few minutes of showering, the two girls were in their own bathroom, getting ready. Robyn grabbed her iPod and turned on the music, putting it on her bathroom shuffle.

“At first I was afraid, I was petrified!” Scarlett sang into the hair brush.

“Kept thinking I could never live without you by my side,” Robyn sang next, putting on a little bit of eye shadow.

“But then I spent so many nights thinking how you did me wrong.”

“And I grew strong. And I learned how to get along.”

“And so you're back from outer space,” Scarlett sang, shaking her hip and pointing at the sky.

“I just walked in to find you here with that sad look upon your face,” Robyn said, brushing her short blonde hair as well as shaking her hips.

“I should have changed that stupid lock; I should have made you leave your key.”

“If I had known for just one second you'd be back to bother me."

“Go on now go walk out the door. Just turn around now, 'cause you're not welcome anymore. Weren't you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye? Did you think I'd crumble? Did you think I'd lay down and die? Oh no, not I! I will survive. Oh as long as i know how to love I know I will stay alive. I've got all my life to live. I've got all my love to give. And I'll survive. I will survive (hey-hey),” the two girls sang, doing different hand movements and laughing. Scarlett brushed her long black hair and inserted her contacts in.

“I don’t understand why you don’t wear your glasses anymore. You look cute wearing glasses,” Robyn commented, putting a sprinkle of blush on her cheeks.

“I look like a nerd is what it is. I just like wearing contacts, anyways. Sees my pretty face,” Scarlett confirmed, smiling innocently at her.

Robyn rolled her eyes and finished with her make-up and hair. Scarlett put on a little bit of mascara and smiled proudly.

“We have about forty minutes. So we need to get dressed and get ready for work,” Scarlett confirmed.

“Boo,” Robyn said, pouting.

“And no pouting. You worked too hard to make yourself pretty,” she told her.

Robyn rolled her eyes and walked towards her room and slipped on her work uniform and a pair of clean jeans. She slipped on her black converse and decided to put on a little robin bird in her hair and walked out. She saw Scarlett dressed almost identical to her, except for her black and blue vans and her gray jeans. Also the fact that she was wearing a bracelet with different colored beads that Robyn gave her for her twenty-first birthday.

“Let’s go. Derek said that he’ll drive us,” Scarlett confirmed, grabbing her keys and walked out the door.

They both walked out the door with Scarlett locking the door behind them.

“Hey there lovelies. Let’s get going,” Derek greeted.

Robyn and Scarlett like him. Derek is a transvestite and goes by the name Marley, but goes by Derek whenever he doesn’t wear his usual girl clothes. Instead, he’s only wearing make-up with his purple nails with his blond hair spiked. The reason they like him is because he’s fun to be around and he gives out great fashion tips.

Derek and the Babes was what they called themselves and even Derek called them his little strippers. It was all in good fun.

“Come on, my little strippers. The Sass Mobile waits for no one!” Derek proclaimed.

“Shot gun!” Robyn called out, running to the front seat and jumped in.

Scarlett rolled her eyes and slipped inside Derek’s nice car while Derek sipped into the driver’s seat.

He started the car and drove out of the driveway, then drove on the road and drove towards JCPenny’s.

*****

Derek took his position at the make-up department while Robyn and Scarlett took their place at stacking clothes in their respected area. Well, that’s what Robyn did. Scarlett was one of those people that had to get the clothes from the dressing room and bring them out so it can be back at their proper position.

“When’s lunch?” Robyn asked, finishing up putting the hanging graphic t-shirts for the girls in their respected area.

“It’s barely ten,” Scarlett confirmed.

“All I ate for breakfast was that Nutella thing you made,” Robyn confirmed as she took the clothes from the men’s dressing room and began to fold them.

Scarlett rolled her eyes and listened to the music in the background. Robyn and Scarlett both grinned at each other when Twist and Shout began to play. Both girls began to dance to the music, not even caring that they were being watched. Robyn mouthed the words while Scarlett mouthed the background vocals.

“Excuse me,” a familiar voice called out.

Scarlett and Robyn stopped and looked at the dude in front of them.

“Hey, you’re… Danny, right?” Robyn asked, looking at the dude from last night.

“You are correct. Anyway, you girls live here, right?” he asked them.

“Yessir. We kill a couple of dead bodies and we know the places of where to hide them,” Scarlett joked, earning a snicker from Robyn.

“Right… well, it seems the weather keeps changing and I need something for both warm and cold days,” Danny said, looking uneasy.

“Jeans with nice shirts. The weather gets pretty gnarly, so wear a light jacket. Always have an umbrella with you. You never know when California’s Mother Nature decides to be a bitch and start raining,” Robyn said, looking for a few jeans and t-shirts.

“Seriously?” Danny questioned.

“Yep. It’s winter season. We know how it goes. Sometimes you’d want to wear a large jacket because you think it’ll be cold, but then it’ll get hot during the day and you’ll be wondering ‘well, what now?’ and it’ll just be a hassle,” Scarlett confirmed.

“Wow. How do you know all this?”

“How old are we? Twenty three?” Scarlett questioned Robyn, who handed Danny some pretty cheap shirts and jeans, but would probably stay with him for the next five years.

“I believe so. You see, Danny Boy, when you live in California all your life like us, we start to notice the patterns of weather. Then after a while, weather is just like ‘ha, ha, fuck you’,” Scarlett explained.

Danny nodded his head, but Scarlett could swear that he was terrified.

“Danny, where’d you go?” a voice asked.

“Hide me,” Danny begged, but in a playful way.

“Quick, inside the shirts of invisibility,” Robyn said, opened a hole for him and then closed it when he got in.

Three boys came up while Scarlett and Robyn were too busy putting clothes away.

“Hey, aren’t you the two girls from In-N-Out?” a voice, Dougie, questioned.

Scarlett and Robyn turned their heads and looked at them.

“Oh yeah! Condiments dude,” Robyn proclaimed, earning a slap across the head from Scarlett.

“Hey, have you seen Danny? He said he was going to find some clothes for this weird weather, but he never came back,” another asked. Harry, Scarlett thinks. Hard to keep names right.

“No idea. He could be hiding in the racks. Loads of people do that,” Robyn suggested.

They each gave them questioning looks while Robyn placed a men’s shirt inside the rack that Danny was in. All it took was a giggle before they opened the ray open and saw Danny inside.

“Danny, get out of there,” Tom told him, as Danny crawled out.

“Here are your clothes. Go and try them on,” Scarlett said, handing Danny his pile of clothes.

“Wow. That’s a lot,” Harry said.

“In California, you have to expect the unexpected. So, there are jeans, t-shirts, t-shirts with long sleeves, and a jacket,” Robyn explained.

“How can one person have so much?” Tom asked.

“If you look in my brother’s closet at home, we has countless pants and shorts, but in his dresser as t-shirts and shorts. I think I found some used condoms in there and I just said ‘fuck that’ and ran out,” Scarlett told them, handing Robyn the clothes.

“Lovelies! It’s almost lunch time,” Derek called out.

“Already?” Robyn asked, looking at her phone.

“Yes. In a few minutes, we’re going to the food court and buying food,” he stated.

Both Scarlett and Robyn both saluted him and went back to work.

“He’s very… out there,” Danny said when he stepped out.

“Derek? Nah, he’s always like that. Marley, however, is a different story,” Scarlett said, finishing up putting the clothes away.

“Who’s Marley?” Harry asked.

“That’s his transvestite name. I think he has five, doesn’t he?” Robyn asked.

“Marley with the blond wig, Susan with the red wig, Barbra with the brown wig, Claire with the curly black wig, and Margret with the short black bob,” Scarlett named.

“It’s scary that you know that,” Robyn stated.

“Well, we’ve got to go and pay for these. It was nice seeing you girls again,” Danny said as the four began to pay for their clothes.

Derek soon came back and looked at them.

“It seems those boys brought a couple of audiences,” he said, looking at the front. There was a crowd of different girls looking in, whispering and giggling.

“Well, we should get lunch. I do not want to have the leftovers at the food court,” Scarlett said, walking with them towards the food court.

*****

The sound of Imagine Dragons could be heard throughout the apartment building as Robyn began to cook with Scarlett setting up the table.

“We need to see them in concert again,” Scarlett commented.

“We first need to money and a date to be able to see them,” Robyn commented, pouring the mixture on a pan and stuck it in the oven.

“It doesn’t hurt to try, you know,” Scarlett stated.

There was a knock at the door, which made Scarlett turn down the music and answer it. There was Derek dressed as… she thinks it’s Claire.

“Claire, right?” Scarlett questioned.

“Correct! Now, some friends invited me to a club and I want you two to come with me,” Derek told them.

“Right now? But I got food in the oven,” Robyn stated.

“Well, stop it and cook it tomorrow. Tonight, I’m gonna get you two girls laid,” Derek said, grinning widely.

Scarlett and Robyn looked at each other and shrugged their shoulders.

“Alright, Derek. You can dress us up like Barbie,” Scarlett said as Robyn walked towards the kitchen to turn off the oven.

Derek was bouncing up and down and quickly walked towards Scarlett’s room. Scarlett followed him and saw him laying down a hot pink halter top with tight skinny jeans and a pair of black flats.

“You’re too tall. You’re what… five four?” Derek questioned, looking at her frame.

“I see the point. I don’t know,” Scarlett said, looking at the outfit.

“It’s perfect. Just wear one of those strapless bras. It’ll be perfect,” Derek said, leaving her room so she could change.

Scarlett groaned and changed into the clothes, having a hard time putting on the skinny jeans, but succeeded anyways and slipped on the black ballet flats. She stepped out and saw Robyn wearing a bright blue tube top with a black pencil skirt and a pair of insanely hurtful heels. Now that Robyn was standing straight, she was almost taller than Scarlett, since Robyn was only five feet tall.

“Oh, my lovely strippers! Now, time for make-up. Scarlett, I would highly suggest you wear your glasses,” Derek told her.

“I don’t wanna,” Scarlett whined.

“I would highly recommend it. It makes your eyes pop. Plus, it gives you that whole innocent look,” Derek said, attacking Robyn’s face with make-up.

“Just promise me you won’t turn me into a porn star like last time, alright,” Robyn protested.

“I make no promises in my make-up, sweetie,” Derek commented, adding a hint of blush.

After about an hour and a half, Derek was done with both girls and smiled at his accomplishment.

“Damn. Even I don’t recognize myself,” Robyn stated, touching her robin pin in her hair.

“I know, right. I’m just that good,” Derek said, handing Scarlett her glasses.

Scarlett groaned and slipped them on. She blinked a couple of times and adjusted her eyes to the lenses.

“You look like a cute little nerd,” they both cooed.

“Shut it and lets get this over with,” Scarlett said, walking towards the front door with her keys in her purse.
♠ ♠ ♠
Clicky!

Robyn
Scarlett