Status: HI PEOPLE!

You Can Be My Taxi

Sleeping All Day, Staying Up All Night

Inside the club, it was extremely loud and booming. Scarlett and Robyn felt extremely uncomfortable.

“So let’s go mingle with some new people,” Derek suggested.

“First, can we get a booth?” Scarlett asked.

Derek thought about it and nodded his head.

“Alright. First we’ll order a couple of beers, and then we’ll go out and mingle,” Derek said, walking towards a booth and set his purse down and sat down, the girls following right behind him.

“Hey. Welcome to Club Dixie. Anything you ladies like to drink?” a guy asked, taking out his pen and pad.

“Sex on the Beach,” Derek ordered.

“Bloody Mary,” Scarlett ordered.

“Rum and coke,” Robyn said.

“Alright, ladies. Coming right up,” he said, leaving the three alone.

The three of them looked at each other and giggled like school girls.

“Alright, first we need to scope the guys. Scarlett, you’re first,” Derek said, smiling widely at her.

Scarlett looked around and bit her lip. None of the guys really caught her attention quickly enough, and when they did, they were either looking at Robyn or they were dancing with a girl with a fake tan and bleached blonde hair. Apparently, there were a couple of girl screeches and a group of girls ganged up a couple of guys.

“Poor dudes. Wait… they look familiar,” Derek said, looking at the group that got mauled by them.

Scarlett and Robyn looked and saw the same four boys at In-N-Out as well as JCPenny’s.

“Well, that’s what you get when you decide to come to a club where the girls are probably eighteen or sixteen at best,” Derek said.

Their waiter came in and handed the three of them with their coaster. However, it seemed the waiter slipped a number towards Robyn, which she smiled and accepted. As the waiter left, Robyn stuffed the number inside her purse and drank her beverage.

“Looks like those boys’ needs a bit of help,” Derek commented.

Robyn and Scarlett looked at his direction and saw the four of them getting dry humped by a couple of girls and they looked extremely uncomfortable.

“Should we save them?” Robyn asked them.

“I think we should. I mean, if I were them, I help me,” Scarlett commented, pushing her glasses up.

Robyn and Scarlett moved out while Derek went to go dance with some people. Scarlett and Robyn quickly squeezed in with the group to get the guys out. It was a pretty huge group of girls dancing. Scarlett and Robyn quickly got the four boys towards safety.

“Shit, how’d you do that?” Harry asked them.

“Years of experience. Plus, with a group of girls like them, I don’t think they’ll really notice,” Robyn stated, looking at the confused looks from the girls.

“I think you saved us from them. They’re really creepy,” Danny stated.

“Welcome to Los Angeles. Hope you enjoy your stay and try not to get AIDs,” Scarlett said, patting one of them – Dougie – on the shoulder.

“You can get AIDs here?” Danny questioned.

Scarlett and Robyn stared at Danny with a look of ‘Are you kidding me?’

“Well, it seems that you didn’t need my help, my little strippers,” a voice said as Robyn and Scarlett turned around.

Derek indicated towards the girls that were dancing with different guys and that just made both Robyn and Scarlett laugh.

“So it seems that this is the third time we’ve seen you,” Tom told them.

“Twice with me,” Derek told them.

“Ignore him. Anyway, we are gonna go and get ourselves drunk. Fellas,” Robyn said, tipping an invisible hat and going towards the bar.

“At least let us buy you one, for saving us,” Tom told them.

Scarlett and Robyn looked at each other, then at Derek.

“Well, my lovely strippers, this drag queen is going to go and get my beauty sleep. I’ll see you two at work on Monday,” Derek told them, patting both of their heads and scurrying off.

“Basically, that’s a yes,” Robyn confirmed, smiling softly at the four boys in front of them.

*****

The sun slowly peaked through the window, making Robyn groan and curled up underneath the covers. However, it seemed somebody decided to make home to her bed as well. At first, she didn’t think much of it, until she felt a muscular arm around her shoulder. Robyn cracked open her eyes and looked up. She saw Dougie – she thinks its Dougie – fast asleep next to her. Of course, it took a few seconds for him to open his eyes as well.

Scarlett jumped out of her bed when she heard a scream. Scarlett rubbed her head and groaned, getting up and rubbing her eyes awake and slipped on her glasses.

“Scarlett! Why is there a bassist in my bed?” Robyn demanded, wearing what appeared to be a nice shirt with her boy shorts.

“He passed out in your bed. You refused to leave, so you guys slept on the same bed,” Scarlett explained, groaning at her headache.

“That’s it? Nothing more?” Dougie asked her.

“I’m pretty sure. Either that, or my grandmother decided to come back to haunt us and decided to fuck with you,” Scarlett commented, making coffee and got a bottle of aspirin.

“The hell was all that screaming?” a new voice – Harry – asked.

“Nothing that concerns you. Now take,” Scarlett told him, holding out two aspirin pills.

Harry didn’t question her and took the pills while Scarlett poured herself a cup of coffee.

“How are you so calm?” Robyn asked her.

“I wasn’t that drunk. However, I think you were really smashed,” Scarlett commented, taking a sip of her coffee.

“I wasn’t that drunk,” Robyn reasoned.

“Dude you cut all of my pineapples and kept yelling ‘Sponge Bob where are you!’” Scarlett told her.

“Shit, I was that drunk?” Robyn asked her.

“Very. Hey, at least it’s better than when you asked my mom if she was a virgin,” Scarlett told her.

“That was a cold and dark time and you promise to never mention it ever again,” Robyn told her.

“Just shut up and take your aspirin,” Scarlett demanded, forcing the pills at her.

Robyn rolled her eyes and took the pills, drinking Scarlett’s coffee, then spit it out.

“The fuck did I drink?” Robyn asked, a look of disgust.

“Well, you did just drink my coffee, but now you’ve ruined it,” Scarlett commented, dumping the rest of the coffee down the sink.

“It tasted gross,” she stated.

“It was French Vanilla. Of course it’ll taste gross to you,” Scarlett argued.

“Speaking of coffee, got any left?” Harry asked her.

“In the corner,” Scarlett pointed out.

All three of them ran towards the coffee maker while Scarlett decided to make herself some tea, since Robyn has officially ruined her coffee for the day.

“Morning,” a sleepy Tom greeted.

“Morning. Coffee’s in the corner along with some aspirin,” Scarlett motioned.

He nodded his head and went towards the coffee machine. Scarlett took a sip of her tea and looked at the clock.

“SCARLETT!” a voice shouted.

Both Scarlett and Robyn turned and saw Derek with a small black and white kitten outstretched in his hands.

“What is this thing doing in my room?” Derek asked them.

“He wants to snuggle with his favorite person,” Robyn cooed, holding the kitten in her arm.

“Well, get it away from me. I don’t want that in my room and if I see it, I’m kicking it out,” Derek threatened.

“But look at Mr. Mittens and tell me you don’t adore him,” Scarlett cooed, petting his small head gently.

“I would adore him from a distance. Otherwise, get it away from me,” Derek warned, closing the door.

“It’s okay, Mr. Mittens. The bad man is gone,” Robyn cooed.

“He’s cute. Why Mr. Mittens?” Tom asked them, petting the small kitten.

“He has white feet that looked like mittens. So why not?” Scarlett told him, hearing the small kitten purr.

“It was either that or Moon Shoes,” Robyn explained.

“I think Mr. Mittens works best with this little guy,” Harry cooed.

“Stop spoiling him. It took us almost a month before we made sure he was a tough kitty,” Scarlett confirmed.

“I remembered the last cats we got, they all turned into softies,” Robyn confirmed.

“Except Bubbles. He kicked your ass one time,” Scarlett stated.

That made everybody laugh just a bit. Soon, Danny came into the kitchen.

“Why’s everybody laughing? Why is there a cat in your arms?” Danny questioned.

“Nothing. You had to be there,” Scarlett confirmed, taking Mr. Mittens from Robyn’s arms and set him down. He made a dart towards his food and began to eat.

Danny kept staring at the kitten, but made his way towards the coffee maker.

“Here’s what I wanna know… why are you here and how did Dougie get into my bed and not the couch?” Robyn asked.

“I was the only sober person in this group and I decided to drive us all home. Since I have no idea where they lived and I tried to ask the least drunk person in that group, but they couldn’t give me a straight answer. As for Dougie, he landed on your bed and you were just like ‘fuck it’ and slept next to him,” Scarlett explained, setting her mug inside the dishwasher.

Robyn thought about it and let it pass. Scarlett got some stuff out from the cupboards and Robyn instantly grinned and jumped up and down a little.

“You gonna make Chocolate chip and Nutella pancakes?” Robyn asked excitedly.

“If you stop jumping around like a mad woman and calm the fuck down. By the way, Mr. Mittens needs to use the litter,” Scarlett told her, pointing at Mr. Mittens and was sniffing at Robyn’s feet.

Robyn pouted, but Scarlett eyes her. She sighed and picked him up and carried him to his litter.

“What are you making?” Harry asked her.

“What Robyn said. I make them every Saturday ever since we first discovered Nutella,” Scarlett confirmed, making the dough.

“Sounds disgusting,” Harry commented.

Scarlett turned and saw that the other three were sitting around, watching television.

“Not really. Unless you’ve tried it, you have no opinion whatsoever,” Scarlett stated.

“Scarlett!” Robyn called.

“What now?” Scarlett called back.

“Mr. Mittens refuses to go in his litter box,” Robyn stated.

“Then take him outside.”

“But-but-but its cold outside,” Robyn whined.

“Then let Mr. Mittens go in your room,” Scarlett challenged.

“Are you and her always like this?” Harry asked her.

“Of course we are. We’re best friends. We swore to each other that we would be our maid of honor, god mother, and when we get old, we’ll be the old ladies riding around in our hot pink wheel chairs,” Scarlett confirmed, pouring the batter onto the pan.

“I feel sorry for the lads that are gonna date you,” Harry confirmed, watching her cook.

“I think the last guy that I dated broke up with me because apparently I was ‘too childish’. Whatever,” she confirmed, flipping the pancakes.

“Scarlett!” Robyn called out again.

“Oh jeez. What now?” Scarlett shouted, turning off the stove.

“Mr. Mittens if outside!”

“What?!”

Scarlett quickly ran towards where Robyn was and half her body was out the window.

“He won’t come back inside,” Robyn told her, looking at the poor kitten who was sitting on the ledge, cleansing himself.

“Move!” Scarlett ordered, forcing Robyn off.

“What’s going on?” a new voice asked, but Scarlett didn’t hear since half of her body is already out the window.

“Come ‘ere, Mr. Mittens,” Scarlett cooed, rubbing her fingers together.

Mr. Mittens stared at her fingers and walked towards her. Scarlett smiled as the kitten inched towards her and sniffed her fingers, and then rubbed against them. That was when Scarlett quickly grabbed the scruff of the feline. She held the cat close to her chest and quickly went back inside.

“This is why you don’t cat-sit anymore,” Scarlett told Robyn, closing the window.

“I swear, I looked away for a second and Mr. Mittens was already out the window,” Robyn explained.

“Still no excuse,” Scarlett confirmed, setting the kitten down on the bathroom floor. “My question is… how did he get outside?”

“He flew,” Robyn stated, glaring at the small kitten who decided to rub his face near the clothes in the corner.

“Out. I need to take you four home. When I get home, we’re going to talk about the responsibility of taking care of a cat,” Scarlett told her, ushering the four boys out of the bathroom and towards Scarlett’s small car.

All Robyn heard now was silence and the small cries of a small kitten.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mr. Mittens
Clicky!