Status: Two authors; two best friends

Last Chance Alive.

Iris

Walking over to my bed, I laid out flat and sighed. It was the one year anniversary of Miley's death. 'Bubbles, I miss you more and more everyday. You were my first kiss, cuddle, love, everything. Now, you're just my saddest memory.' With an unwanted sniffle, I held the stuffed monkey she got me, close. Time began to feel like it was drifting away.

'I'm still alive but I'm barely breathing...' Rolling over the sleep fell from my eyes, "Hello?"

"Honey, you best get your ass up outta bed! Anna and I wanna go out tonight and you are coming with us!" William echoed loudly in my ear. "I need some sexy bitches to dance with!"

"What happened to you and Evan?" His boyfriend of two years never let him go out alone, or at all that is.

William let out a heavy sigh. "Evan and I are no more. That dick was shoving his into Ronald, my roommate." He sighed again. "So, whatta ya say? Will you go out with us tonight?"

"Maybe. I'll talk to Anna and see if she has anything I can wear or something." My heart felt too heavy to actually leave my room. "Love you." Hanging up I continued to lay there.

~


"Yoohoo, your sexy lover is here!" Without a second notice my dorm door came flying open. In bounced a small, wide-eyed, aqua-colored girl in an orange tutu and fishnets. She smiled and came over to my bed. Plopping herself onto of it she smiled.

Groaning I looked over to the bouncy girl, "Hi, Anna, ever hear of knocking?" My sarcasm clung to the air between us. I love Anna, but sometimes she is just too much.

"Nope! SO, are you going to go out with us tonight?" My best friend of thirteen years questioned. Her blue eyes pleaded with me.

Shaking my head, I rolled back over. I didn't want to leave my room. "Not tonight. I'm just gonna stay in and work on my room. Besides, our first class starts tomorrow and I want to get a good sleep." Lies, I wouldn't get a good sleep, at least not tonight. "Maybe next time I will." Also another lie. Going out was too painful without Bubbles.

Annabella nodded, defeated she hugged me and walked out. Looking at the stuffed monkey, I sighed and got up. 'Time to try and make my room decent.'

~


After three hours and four boxes of lights and pictures, I was done. Smiling contently I sat down on my bed and looked around, it looked good. My eyes dragged to the door, "Iris?" A small voice peeped from the other side.

"Yes, Abigail?" She had such a noticeable voice.

"Can we talk?"

"Sure, Abby. Come on in." I really did not want to talk with her at all.

The door slowly creaked open. A small, sandy brown headed girl walked in. Her pristine white blouse glowed against my dark posers that hung around her. "I see you're still up... Is there something on your mind that you want to talk about?" Abigail, the definition of good Christian, was looking uncomfortable in my dark atmosphere.

"It's just the one year anniversary of my girlfriend's death." Just saying the word made my heart stop.

She almost looked disgusted when I said girlfriend. "Well, the good Lord probably just wanted to cleanse her soul of her sinful ways. You know, being with another woman." She should have stopped herself there.

Did she really think what she had just said was helpful in the least? "Really, Abbly? You know what? Get the fuck out of my room before I knock your happy ass out." My anger was shot. That bitch thought she could say such things.

Abigail's eyes were wide and rimming with tears. "I was just trying to help!" She backed up to the door and rushed out.

With a groan, I slammed the door and flattened my body out on my bed. 'I don't want to be here. I want to be with you, Bubbles! Everyone has someone and I'm all all one. Annabella has Brandon and I have a stuffed monkey.' Tears trickled slowly down my face onto the blue pillow. 'I miss you, Bubbles, I love you so much. Please, come back to me.'

~


'Our lips danced together and our hearts kept in perfect time. Her soft blonde hair tickled the sides of my face. Her big green eyes looked into mine, she touched our noses, "I love you, Monkey!"

"I love you too, Bubbles." With another giggle our lips continued to mesh together. Her finges traced down my sides. "Careful, Miley, or you'll be under me in seconds!"

Miley blushed and nuzzled my neck. "You're so perfect." She kissed my neck softly, "I can't wait until we can get married." I could feel her cheeks grow hot with the thought.

"We will soon, boo!"
'

~


"Get up, slow butt!" A body collided on top of mine. "It's three in the morning, that means time to cuddle!" Annabella shouted in my ear.

As the thoughts of the dream faded, I dragged my focus to Annabella. "I really don't know why we started this stupid tradition." My voice sounded groggy and annoyed. "But, it's still nice to cuddle." Smirking, I moved over and laughed as my best friend rested her head on my chest. "Love you, Bells."

"Love you too, babes!" She yawned and closed her eyes.

'College is going to be fun.'
♠ ♠ ♠
New ; short. sorry.

comment & such c;

co-write with my best.

xx
Nicole